Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Pokemon: Kalos Adventure

Sevio Vatonage (played by Phoenixsorcerer24)

Sevio stands by and watches Leo use his best Leer, Luxray taking it like a champ even as his defense dropped. It was clear they were holding back though, because Luxray's natural ability hadn't even activated yet, and Luxray's natural ability was Intimidate. Sevio would smirk briefly, "Nice move. Guess there's no need to teach you the basics of battling. But what will you do now that Luxray's defense is down?" Sevio asks in a mentor-ish tone. Luxray standing his ground and getting ready for whatever came next.
Emmaline Jackson (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Emmaline thinks for a moment. "Well Since Luxray's Defense is down, the best thing to go for is a physical attack to lead directly after." She answers Sevio and looks down at Leo who flicks his ear towards Emmaline. Emmaline shook her head even though Leo couldn't see. "Not yet Leo. We are choosing to go for Tackle this time." She told Leo to wait on something else and do tackle first.

Leo's tail continued to flick back and forth and when Emma told him to tackle, he used his speed, (which was a little bit above average) to close the distance between Leo and him to attack with the tackle. All his playing around helps his maneuverability and reflexes.
Grey (played by 11Rain11)

could i join? i have a character for this. (not grey)
Dominic (played by Oramashi)

~I would like to join as well if that's ok~

((Hey Oramashi and 11Rain11 Just so you guys know, please use double parentheses as demonstrated in my post for OOC messages. And it's up to Emmaline for yes or no, but I have to say I wouldn't mind if you wanna join. :) The more the merrier in my opinion.))

Sevio's eyes narrowed slightly, "Block it with your paws!" Sevio calls out just after Emmaline spoke, Luxray getting his paws up to intercept the Tackle, but the impact pressed Luxray back several feet from the momentum, "Lllllllllllllllllluxray..." Luxray growls from the strain, barely avoiding damage as his back paws skidded across the ground. Luxray was tough for sure, but it appeared that even for a low level, Leo the Shinx was no slouch either, even for a practice battle like this where Luxray was mostly taking a defensive role and seeing what the little guy could do.

Sevio and Luxray were impressed for sure, smiling happily as they spoke, "Wow... I wasn't expecting Luxray to get pushed back like that. Leo's pretty tough for sure. I'm impressed." "Lux Luxray ray. (I'm impressed too.)" they say in calm but enthusiastic tones, ready to keep going in case there was more.

((I'm perfectly happy to have more new people join in! Like Sevio said, the more the merrier!))

Emmaline smiled happily and tried to contain her joy. She nodded to Sevio to acknowledge his comment and looked to her little Leo where he seemed just a bit stunned by himself. After a moment his tail stopped flicking side to side. "Try for it now Leo!!" She told her Shinx to do an attack, not wanting to let up just yet. She remembered that this was still a practice battle so why not have Shinx practice one of his stronger moves. After this, she would probably want to call it off so Leo could rest.

Leo was obviously proud of himself and glanced to Gallade and Bisharp for their reactions before being pulled back into focus by Emmaline. The moment she said to try something, he was obviously excited to show off and took off towards Luxray. As he got closer it looked like he was gonna do the attack double kick.....but once he jumped up to try it, he must have done something wrong because he fell just short of Luxray. Leo's ears drooped, knowing he messed up. He wanted to surprise Luxray even further but he could never get the double kick just right. He looked up to Luxray from his fallen spot on the ground almost apologetically. He idolized Luxray the most so he was the one Pokemon that Leo really wanted to impress.

Sevio blinked as he thought he recognized the move Leo tried to use, "Hey... Was that... Double Kick?" he asks curiously. Luxray would pick Leo up by the nape gently with his mouth, helping him back to his feet. Sevio would calm himself from his stance and step forward to kneel with Leo and Luxray a hand to each of them as he petted them, "Hey, it's great that you know a move as powerful as Double Kick, Leo. But it appears you might need a little work with it. Maybe me and Luxray could give you some pointers? Cause guess what... Luxray here knows it too." Sevio says happily, Luxray nodding in agreement.

Had just arrived in the city with his duffel bag in hand going to his next assignment, there had been word that peoples Pokemon had come up missing or stolen so he was sent to investigate. He arrives just outside the city and he looks up and sees the huge tower sitting right in the middle of the city."Man, I never imagined we would end up back here guys"he said as his Umbreon walked up on his left and his Espeon from his right, Umbreon looked at the city with awe while Espeon looked confused. This has been the first time he has be to Lumiose City since he left for his work, Umbreon was happy to be home but this is the first time Espeon had actually been here, the confused little thing paws at Dominic's pant leg and slight murrs at him, he glances down and sees the confused look on his face and he would chuckle and kneel down to him"Espeon, I forgot that this is your first time being here"he said looking back at Umbreon who was still staring at the city tower"Me and Umbreon grew up here...this was where me and her first met"he said standing back up, Espeon looks at Umbreon curiously and then simply smiles, he was only happy because she was happy. Dominic takes a few steps forward"Alright guy! Our assignment starts now!"he said as the two of them both get a serious face now and follow him into the city. He had walked in just in time to see the battle that was going on between a Luxray and a shinx, he had caught them in the middle of the battle and he was angry. he reached for his bag and he was about to interrupt the battle until he saw that they was only practice battling, he sighs and puts his badge away and looks down at Umbreon who also though a trainer was picking on another and he was still kind of growling towards the two"Relax Umbreon"he said getting her attention, she looks up at him now tilting her head"Bre?"he smiles at her and chuckles"It's ok....hes not picking on her, they are only battling each other"he said as he looked to the two again"I'm glad there are at least a few decent people in this city still"he said as he continued to watch their fight

Leo relaxed as he was set down on his paws and let Sevio pet him. If Luxray didn't seem unhappy, he was happy. Leo carefully listened to Sevio and when he mentioned that Luxray knew the attack as well he would look to Luxray who was nodding. Leo made excited noises and was just as perky as before. he happily ran around them both out of excitement then sat back down in front of them happily.

Emmaline walked over to Sevio, Luxray and her Shinx Leo. "That sounds great, as long as it's not too much of a bother." she stated happily and wrote down a note about their battle in a notebook. She wanted to call her family later to tell them about her first battle. "Also you did amazing during that battle Leo. I'm so proud of you." She says happily as she kneeled down to pet him. She offered her other hand to Luxray so he could be pet if he would allow. Emmaline looked back to Sevio. "How about going to see about that regional Pokemon now?" She reminded him of their plans to go get her a Pokemon from the professor in this region.

Sevio nods to Emmaline, "Sure. Right quick though, as something for Leo to think on. Luxray, you remember when we was practicing Double Kick? Lets show Leo how its done." Sevio says with a psyched up smirk. Luxray would look ready to go and nods agreeingly, "Luxray." With that, Sevio would give a strong backwards jump and get into a sparing position with his hands held up in open palms, "Leo, watch Luxray carefully, alright? He's about to show you the kind of power you can look forward to having really soon. And if you can picture it, you can do it too, just like Luxray. Who knows... Once you master Double Kick, your power might even surpass Luxray's with a little hard work. Ready Luxray?" he says as he hunkers down and gets ready to demonstrate Double Kick for Leo.

Luxray would step away from Emmaline and Leo, looking to them with a proud gaze, "Lux." he vocalizes in agreement to Sevio's statement about Leo getting stronger. He'd then take a stance that seemed different from in their practice match, a stance that seemed more proud, serious, and gave off a type of pressure that meant things were about to get real. Luxray clearly ready, Sevio's palms would start to glow a soft blue, "Alright Luxray, hit me with Double Kick!" Sevio calls out and Luxray would quickly charge the move, his back legs glowing with energy. Luxray would jump powerfully toward Sevio, "Luuuuuux Lux-RAY!!" he growls as he spins his body around and plants his left foot in Sevio's left hand, then in rapid succession, his right foot in Sevio's right hand. Sevio would catch the move, but would be sent flying backwards a few feet with a grunt, landing... In Chesnaught's arms. As Sevio was sent flying, Luxray would finish the move by getting his body turned back around and landing skillfully 2 feet from where the impact happened.

Sevio would moan a little, but shaking his head, Chesnaught would stand him up again and Sevio would laugh, "Ha ha ha ha, strong as ever, Luxray. I'm ok, I'm ok! No worries anyone! Standard sparing match for me and my Pokémon. Honestly I love to feel firsthand what they can do. It just gives me every reason in the world to believe they're healthy when they can put me on my back like that." he says for the crowd, whom all seemed to gasp as Sevio got the wind knocked out of him from Luxray's attack. Sevio would walk back to Luxray and the others, kneeling to Leo again, "So, did you study Luxray's movements, Leo? The way he gathered his power and used it all the way through connecting with the move? You don't have to get it at that level right away, just call it a personal goal to work for. You'll get there with time. Just keep practicing." Sevio says encouragingly.

He'd stand up again after petting Leo softly on the head again, making his head sway back and forth slowly. "Ok then... Ready to head for Sycamore lab, Emmaline?" he says curiously. Gallade and Bisharp would rejoin Sevio, as would Miltank and Chesnaught. Talonflame would circle around and rejoin the group as well, landing just behind Gallade and Bisharp. The picture of all these powerful Pokémon together with Sevio in the center of them looked like a champion team for sure, and the Lumiose Press was eating up the sight. A picture for the newspapers for sure.

Rather a good thing the Team Solar grunts were told to stay away from Sevio after that display of strength. And in the days to come, Emmaline and Leo could travel happy, reassured that they would be safe in a pinch, with Sevio and his powerful team backing them up. Dominic may also find use in the power of these allies to be, provided they have a chance to meet. These happenings and many more soon to come, as the journey continues.
Team Solar (played anonymously)

The Grunts had, of course, stopped to watch the match from a distance that provided cover and clear sight.

"That's him..." the female Grunt said, her mask muffling her speech slightly. The other Grunt nodded. "We should keep an eye on them. I doubt we could stand up to them in the state we're in." She meant, of course, their organization. They really couldn't handle someone that powerful yet.

"Maybe he wouldn't mind a position, then?"

"Oberon and Vega must have been going to suggest that to Kalinda," the female Grunt guessed. "I doubt he'd be willing to get rid of that Luxray, though."

"You think so?"

"I don't think it'd be that strong if he didn't care about it a whole lot... Maybe we could swipe it."

"How?"

"I don't know, it was just an idea!" the first Grunt snapped.

Watched as the two exchanged words, Umbreon however perks her ears up and starts looking around and looks around the corner spotting the grunts just down the street, Umbreon would then give off a small faint growling noise"Breeeeeeeeee...."Dominic looks to Umbreon and moves his abck against the wall and peeks around the corner, spotting the grunts he thinks for a minute, he then glances down to Umbreon"Umbreon...can you hear them?"He asked, Umbreon looks up at him and then looks over to Sevio and Emmaline and gives off a slight short like noise"Umbre"he then looks back at the grunts and Dominic knows what she meant"So...they might be planing to take some Pokemon huh...i guess the Intel was correct...there is a group of thieves here"he mumbled to himself, he ahd no idea who they was at this time but only knew they seemed a bit shady as theyw as grouped up and talking to one another, he also knows that Umbreon's hearing is quite good and he had trained her to give him signaling hints and thats why he knew they was talking about snatching a Pokemon

He watches them carefully, he didn't want to act unless it was deemed necessary. For now he keeps them in his sight and he could always send Scizor to recon if they go where he cant without being seen

The two Grunts were too busy to notice the small creature.

"Maybe we can set up a distraction. You challenge him, and I'll steal the rest of his Pokémon, see what he's got," the female said, flipping her blonde hair. "Thank me later."

"Or we can just wait for, I don't know, him to drop them off at a Pokémon center. You can dress as one of those Nurse Jennys or Jollys or..."

"Joys," the girl volunteered.

"Yeah, her."
Alton (played by 11Rain11)

Alton had only arrived in Luminoise city around an hour ago and was already lost in all the hubbub that was going on. {It was so quite back home....} They thought to them self as they walked under abridge along one of the canals. Litten rubbed itself against their leg, meowing happily when Alton sat down. "How about some lunch?" They smirked, pulling out a few berries and Litten gave them a look before chowing down. "Don't worry...I paid for them this time.....with my own money."

Litten suddenly hissed, their fur standing on end. "what....oh-i see em." Alton stood up, watching as two people in coats and hats approached. "Hey kid.....you shouldn't be out here all alone." One of them said, and smirked. "Yeah, there are dangerous people in big cities, you never know who could be out there." The other joined in, reaching for their pocket. Alton nodded to litten. "Yeah, you never know when you could run into someone...like me........NOW!" Alton and Litten sprang into action, Litten using firefang and attacking the man on the left, Alton taking advantage of the distraction and pushing the man on the right into the canal. As Litten's flaming fangs sunck into the man's leg he yelled and fell back into the canal with his counterpart. As he hit the water Litten jumped into Alton's arms and they ran off.

The two now soaked men angrily stood up, but suddenly seemed confused and checked their pockets. "Hey.....They took our wallets!" One of them said angrily, staring to go after them. "w-wait up!" said the other as they trudged after them. What Alton didn't know was they weren't just any two guys, they were from the lower ranks of team Solar. "They're gonna learn real quick you don't mess with team solar."

Alton and litten headed deeper into the city, excited to experience the new culture and food of luminoise city.

((Quick thing, um... I could have acted that out with you, and it feels a bit weird to have someone else control Team Solar characters without asking me... Next time, please ask. I would have said yes, probably.))

((Not every day you get to see a Gen 7 Pokémon in a Gen 6 setting. Nice touch. :P ))
Alton (played by 11Rain11)

(srry, just trying to get into the story lol)

((Sorry, I feel really bad, just... I haven't gotten to do much either. In fact, I only really got -into- the story because of one of the newer characters seeking mine out, you know (purely because the team wasn't relevant yet)? I don't mean to be rude or say no one can play anyone in my group, just I'd feel better if they asked because it was a bit of a shock to see for the first time.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Pokemon: Kalos Adventure

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus