Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Voice of A Female Elf (OPEN)

Kin Ancalime (played by ChaoticDeath3) Topic Starter

Kin looked over her shoulder to glare at Quickfoot." I am not an outlaw. I am a runaway."
Quickfoot (played by Copper_Dragon)

"Pffft! Same difference," the little man remarks with a wave of his free hand. "Outlaw of the family, outlaw of society! Who's askin' for technicalities?"

Kin turned around so she could keep walking." There is apparently a difference or my father wouldn't keep bothering me."

Quickfoot chuckles at her, and it doesn't sound very pleasant thanks to his voice's pitch. "Your father bothers you, the law bothers you. It's like I said, same difference!"

Kin didn't look back as she stopped and listened for a moment before continuing to walk. She didn't like talking about her father or her past.

Perhaps it's what Kin's listening for.
Or maybe it's not.

Off in the distance, there's a sound... yelling, perhaps? It's almost too faint to catch unless one does listen for it, but it doesn't sound pleased either way.

And Quickfoot and his carpet are blissfully unaware of it. In fact, the little man continues to ramble on. "Anyway, you look like you're old enough to be an adult-- just tell your old man to go away. And a good shot from that bow of yours outta do the trick too, y'know."

"It doesn't matter if I'm an adult, he'll always come after me." Kin looked at the ground."That's what happens when your father is a king." She said under her breath.

If Quickfoot had visible brows, he'd be raising them at Kin purposefully right about now.

"Speak up, girlie," he says in response to her mumbling, "some of us are a little hard of hearing."

Kin tensed slightly before she spoke." I said that's what happens when your father is a king." She kept her gaze ahead.

"... aw man, what? A princess?!" Quickfoot is swift to apply his palm to his face, making enough of an audible smacking sound to prove there's something solid beneath all those shadows. "I hope your dad knows you're on your own then! Last thing I need is someone accusing me of kidnapping!"

Kin glanced at Quickfoot." I told you I'm a runaway. I wasn't kidnapped so your safe."

"Yeah, tell that to overly-suspicious guards! Run-away, kidnapped-- it's all the same to kings! Sheesh!" Quickfoot is about to turn around and unhappily stomp his way through the woods like an immature child, but something very distinct suddenly cuts its way through the trees and whizzes by his head and Azizan's front left tassel: the bolt of a crossbow.

The projectile sticks very cleanly into a tree a few yards away, and the little man and his ride freeze in place.

"Sure don't know how to keep quiet for a thief, do you?" a gruff voice asks, and a decently armored pair of men step out from the trees--soldiers or personal guards of some high caliber to be worth something to someone.

Kin swallowed when she saw the men. She glanced at Quickfoot then back at the guards. She placed a hand on the hilt of her sword.

With practiced ease, Quickfoot drops his loot sack onto the ground behind himself and slowly turns about in place to face the guards. There's a light waver to his voice as he speaks, probably more due to the bolt that just missed him than the presence of authority.

Speaking of that, the two guards have no qualms with raising their crossbows to both Kin and the little man, but they seem to have a reservation or two of shooting the lady. Their orders had been to find Quickfoot--so who was this woman with the weapons?

"Friend of yours, thief?"

"Aaaw, c'mon, fellas, really?" Quickfoot replies, "I just crashed into her a little while ago. I don't make accomplices that quickly." He seems to be stalling for something-- delay any guards for as long as he can before the inevitable.

Kin let out a small growl as her grip tightened on her sword. She unsheathed it only a tiny bit. She was ready to either attack with her sword or her magic.

Attentive as guards are trained to be, one of the men catches even that slight unsheathing--and of course, he takes it as a potential threat. He begins to aim his weapon directly on a more vital part of Kin's person...

... and that's exactly what Quickfoot's banking on. He shows exactly how he got his name, as the thief strikes out to grab Kin's wrist in order to haul her through the trees, away from danger! For such a little guy, he's surprisingly fast and light on his feet! Azizan turns tail after them, earning itself a bolt through one of its back corners as two of the projectiles are fired at the trio.

Kin was surprised when Quickfoot grabbed her to run but she didn't need to be dragged. She ran behind Quickfoot, her sword sheath slapping her side.

Apparently this sort of thing is just another daily course of action in Quickfoot's life, because as the sounds of the two soldiers pursuing them can be heard, he zig-zags his way around tree trunks and rocks until the trio have managed to put distance between themselves and their followers.

He eases to a stop and begins to let Kin's wrist ago... and starts to try to take the lady's bracelet with him. Hey, an opportunity is an opportunity.

"Y-y'see 'em followin' us?" the thief manages to ask between huffs of breath, both as a distraction and actually wanting to know if they're still being followed. The two men can be heard off in the distance again, somewhere behind them...

Kin didn't notice that he was taking her bracelet. That or she didn't care if he did." No. I don't even hear them." She wasn't breathing that hard from the run.

Quickfoot, regardless of whether she notices or cares, reacts logically as if she hadn't noticed--he keeps his hand down-turned, with the full palm out of sight, and then he slips the piece of jewelry into his sleeve. All in a day's work!

"Whew, good. Uh, c'mon then, let's make more tracks before they catch up or somethin'. If there a town nearby?" As he talks, his carpet slinks into view from behind a tree and comes to a rest in the grass. Quickfoot notes the tear, but there's not much he can do about it at the moment.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Voice of A Female Elf (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus