Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Voice of A Female Elf (OPEN)

Kin sat on her knees beside a small river. She had her hood down so her grayish blue hair fell down her back like a waterfall. Her elf ears were twitching, reacting to the sounds around her. She had her eyes closed as she sang. It sounded like a lullaby yet it wasn't. It sounded very beautiful as the wind carried her voice all around. Laying beside her to her left was a bow, a quiver full of arrows and a sword in it's sheath. To her right there where two daggers. Of coarse, she kept two in her sleeves in case someone snuck up on her.
Quickfoot (played by Copper_Dragon)

Someone's about to be in for an unpleasant interruption...

There's a rustling in the trees somewhere not too far down stream, followed by the cracking of some branches and some yells that are made of equal parts fright and frustration...what a horrible noise to 'accompany' the elven lady's beautiful singing...

And then rather suddenly, and rather unsurprisingly, a figure breaks through the branches! Only it isn't just a figure-- a whole pile of heavy fabrics and metal and some sort of red light come streaking through the unfortunate foliage and make an (un)fortunate splash-down into the small river a few yards from Kin, perhaps unintentionally splashing her!

Just what on earth was that about?
Kin Ancalime (played by ChaoticDeath3) Topic Starter

Kin flinched when water splashed on her, the song ending when she had heard the yells. A knife appeared in her hand, coming from her sleeve as she opened her deep blue eyes to see what had splashed water on her.

There's a few moments of awkward silence as the water ripples and beings to settle down.

And then, rather unceremoniously, the thing that had interrupted Kin so much and had splashed water onto her burst forth and sprawled itself out on the bank. Actually, it was more akin to 'themselves': a colorful, decently-sized carpet of burgundy, green, gold, and purple with what looked like metal handlebars and a red lantern dragged itself out of the water and onto the bank. Right next to it was an equally soaked midget of a person.

Its gender couldn't really be told as it pulled itself to its knees, coughing and hacking to try to clear water from its windpipe. Covered from head to toe in a blue robed, it made itself all the more mysterious... until it spoke and coughed some more.

"Geeeeze, Azizan! Hyack! What's wrong with you!?" the figure snaps in a grating, high-pitched voice at the carpet, unaware of Kin's presence until the magical item straightens up. "Oh stop that! I'm fully aware," the small humanoid continues to rant as it turns towards Kin, "that there... are... weeell hello there." The elven woman is faced with a small... man, perhaps, but not much of it--him?-- can be told thanks to the extremely darkened shadow covering the face. All that can be made out is a wide, toothy smile that holds no true good will and featureless, white eyes.

Kin watched the creature for a moment, her elf ears twitching. She lowered her knife placed it back in her sleeve." Who and what are you?" She had never seen a being like this before.

The little man's eyes narrow a little bit, and his grin seems to stretch wider as he starts trying to wring some of the water out of his robes. The magic carpet starts to shake itself dry, tossing a partially-filled back tied to its bars back and forth.

"Aaw, that's not very polite!" the little man pretends to scold her. "I say 'hello', then you say 'hello' back, yeah? Anyway, name's Quickfoot, that's Azizan, and what I do look like to you? Hmph!" If it weren't for his entire body being covered in robes or shadowed, he really could pass as a very short human. He was certainly humanoid, at any rate.

"Anyway," Quickfoot swiftly tacks on as he looks Kin over, "who are you, and what are you doing out here by yourself?"

"My name is Kin and until I know I can trust you more, I can not tell you why I am out here on my own." Kin stood up and began to gather her weapons, strapping her sword and the two knives on the ground to her belt then putting the bow and quiver on her shoulder.

"Oooh, well aren't you a smart one then, Kin!" Quickfoot turns about for a moment to untie the sack from his ride. He takes a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure she can't look directly inside, and then he opens it up for a quick peek. Everything inside looks dry enough to his liking, so he hoists the now-heavier sack over his shoulder. Thank goodness it's not full.

"... saaaay, I just had an idea! Why don't we vamoose together for a bit?" the little man suggests all of the sudden. "You look like you could need a friend around here, and I could be just that friend. Nch nch!" He winks and jabs a gloved thumb into his chest.

Kin watched Quickfoot for a moment before looking out into the woods." Fine with me. Just remember to keep up and stay on guard because I tend to run into a lot of people."

That sly grin widens all the more at those words.

"Cool! That's one thing 'tween us in common then! After you then!" He motions off towards the rest of the forest with his free hand. Azizan the carpet straightens up and begins a proper hover, apparently eager to get going too.

Kin smiled slightly before she started to walk. As she entered the forest, she pulled the hood of her cloak up to cover her face and made sure her hair was tucked into the hood. The only thing you could see in the shadow of her hood was her deep blue eyes that seemed to be glowing slightly.

The little man and his carpet follow along, keeping up at a rather decent pace for such a water-logged pair. Occasionally Quickfoot looks around, although the whited-out nature of his eyes makes it difficult to tell what exactly he's observing at any one time. He also seems to fidget a lot, as if something unnerves him all the time.

Kin's ears twitched at Quickfoot fidgeting but she ignored him as she continued to walk.

"... well aren't you engaging," the little man finally announces after a few minutes of silence. "Is this how this lil' walk is gonna go, huh? Just the two of us, wanderin' along all quiet, like thieves."

"I am no thief. I am not used to the company." She looked at Quickfoot, her eyes full of agitation and something else but she quickly looked away before he could see what it was.

"Heey, easy there!" While still holding onto the sack, Quickfoot holds his hands up in a gesture of good-will. "I didn't say you were a thief," he corrects. "I just said we were being quiet like a pair of them! Sheesh." Quickfoot's eyes narrow at Kin, and as she looks away, he gives her as much of a suspicious expression as his simplistic face can muster.

"Am I botherin' ya, toots?"

Kin's ears twitched slightly but she didn't turn around to look at Quickfoot." No. I'm just a little frustrated with myself, that's all."

"Uuuh-huh, a likely story," the little man muses out loud. "You seem pretty, uh, 'well to do' though-- no idea what you could be frustrated over."

[OoC: Sorry about the 1-or-so delay; I'd decided to go take a nap!]

"I'm frustrated over my life." Kin didn't look at Quickfoot." Not that anyone ever cares." She added under her breath bitterly.

[OoC: It's okay XD ]

Quickfoot hardly cares himself, at least in a genuine empathetic sense, but on the other hand... he is rather curious about this strange pointy-eared lady with the weapons.

"Aaw, c'mon, it can't be that bad," he remarks, "you've got all these pretty, practical things... oooh, wait! Wait! Are you... are you an outlaw!?" His eyes widen a little at this prospect.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Voice of A Female Elf (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus