Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Astrol (played by FirePaw225)

Astrol put his hand together and opened them like a book, then used his finger to make a pencil motion, basically he showed he had a notebook and pencil before, but he threw them aside to help the girls and he doesn't know where it is now.
Stella Lyewood (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

"Oh. I'm sorry you lost it," Stella said, guilt wracking through her. "If we pass by there again, we'll look for it."
"Don't count on it," Rarity muttered from the back of the cave.
"Hmm... Hang on." Stella jumped up, grabbed a large, somewhat hollowed rock that resembled a bowl, and stepped just outside the cave, but out of sight of anyone else who may be in the area.
Using the bowl as a shovel of sorts, she scraped at the dirt enough to produce a pile, large enough to fill the bowl. In three trips, she had brought a large pile into the cave and had made a kind of borderless sandbox with it. The last trip, she also brought a stick from outside.
"You know how Asian cultures sometimes practice calligraphy in sand? Maybe you can use this the same way," she explained, handing the stick to Astrol.

Astrol nods and smiled as he took the stick and wrote in the dirt "Thank You" It reminded him when he was litte when he filled up a notebook he'd write with sand or dirt, he smiled a bit bigger as he thought on the memory.

Stella's heart swelled at the sight of Astrol's smile. She turned to see that Rarity had finished making the fire and had fallen asleep on one of the makeshift beds.
"You're welcome! It'll work for WHILE we're in the cave, at least. So, questions... questions... I guess name and age are good places to start."

"Astrol Slater, 17 years old" He wrote on the dirt and looked up at her, then wrote. "How about yours?" Astrol then sets down the stick.

"Only 17, huh? You're pretty strong for..." She trailed off, hating the phrase "for someone your age."
"I'm Stella Lyewood, and I just turned 20 last month. Hmm... What town are you from? I lived in Castor all the way up until the war broke out."

OOC: You can make up a town/city name for this. The "capital," or castle location, is just Valencia Castle and Castle City, but otherwise all town names can be fabricated. I'll make a map sometime in the future.

OOC: Okay got it

He flattened out the dirt so he can write some more "I was born and lived in FairWay until the war broke out too..." His writing trailed off for a few seconds. "I lost my parent to it they stalled for me to get away." He shivered a bit and set down the stick, shakily and sniffed.

Stella didn't know what to do. She sat there, awkwardly, and wondered if it would be okay to put an arm around Astrol. She didn't, but the urge was still there.
"My parents and sister went missing just after the first bomb landed on the outskirts of Lovejoy. All it did was cause an earthquake in Castor, but by the time I returned home, they were gone..."

His shoulders slumped and he just thought why all this had to happen, Astrol run his hands through his hair, then writes "I might sound like a kid to say this but, just why do things like this happen." He looks up at her and tilted his head.

Stella was quiet for a minute.
"It's not a childish question, because the answer is hard to accept for many adults, too," she said in a low voice. "But essentially, because life isn't fair. And karma is probably a factor. And..." She looked down at the stone. "There are a lot of effed up people in this world."
She sighed, and looked at Astrol with a slightly pained look on her face.
"Um, if you don't want to answer, I understand. But I thought of another question. Are you human?"

He stared at her in disbelief, then he stook his head and wrote " No..I don't know what I am...my parents never told me just...they said don't get so angry and lose control of it...I guess they mean the power..but for now I'd like to say I'm a 'windbender'." He looked back up at her.

She nodded.
"I'm sorry if that was rude to ask, I was just curious. I'm technically human, but... I can use magic in a sense, too. It's been a while since I've been able to properly cast, but I haven't really had a chance to practice since the war, anyway."
Rarity (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

Rarity had been listening with eyes closed. She couldn't see Astrol's response, of course, but something in her squirmed uncomfortably. What if Stella asked her that question, and the answer wouldn't satisfy her? How would she react? Would she take it well, or...

With this thought weighing heavily on her mind, Rarity slipped into a deep sleep.

"It wasn't rude to ask and maybe in the future or something You and I can practice our magic together." Astrol wrote and the he tilted his head at her, almost like he's saying 'how does that sound?'

Stella smiled and nodded.
"I'd like that. There's only so much I could do with wind, but it'd definitely help me practice. We can start tomorrow. For now, though, let's try and get some rest."
Stella made her way over to the fire, put it out, and settled in on one of the other makeshift cots.

Astrol nods then lays on a makeshift cot too, knocking out cold quickly, not really having much sleep after the war

Morning came, sending the tiniest rays of light through the rocks blocking the entrance. Rarity awoke first, the sunlight feeling a bit too warm. She never understood that, but nevertheless, she retreated back to a cold corner of the cave, shrouded in shadow.
Things needed to happen today, and she knew that every one felt as long as a year since the war had subsided. Nothing was more important than survival, and now, that was a full-time job with overtime, no benefits, and carrots as payment.
Rarity began listing things off in her head that needed to be done. Find food, spruce up the shelter a bit, practice combat with the others, and, if possible, get new information. Information was always a good resource, no matter what it was, but especially new info. If it's not new, it helps to know who else knows the same information.

Stella opened her eyes and silently gave praise to her goddess. She noticed that Rarity was already out of bed, and looked over at her crouched form in the back corner.
"Good morning," she greeted. Rarity gave a small smile back.
"Morning. Did you sleep okay?"
"Yeah," Stella said, sitting up and stretching her back. "That's the best sleep I've gotten in months! I feel more like myself after a good night's sleep like that. Don't you, Astrol?"

He turns to face them still in the cot and nods, he then sit up and stretches there were only pops of his bones but no grunts came from him as a person who can speak usually grunts from stretching.

Rarity looked at her two new companions.
"So... Plans for today. Find food, practice fighting in case we run into more idiots, and figure out some things." She looked at Astrol. "My name's Rarity, and I take it you're Astrol? Thank you again for your help yesterday."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus