Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Rarity (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

"The raw meat is on the other side of the town, but the potatoes should be nearby," Rarity said, pointing out the directions they'd be going. "Stella, you... Stella?"
Stella had stood up out of their hiding spot and walked out in the middle of the community. Anyone around stopped and stared at the new girl in their community, but Stella's eyes were fixated on one person.
Astrol (played by FirePaw225)

Astrol looked at Stella with his head tilted, then at Rarity, he flicked his head to the direction where Stella was, motioning if they should go towards her.
Stella Lyewood (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

"Mom?"
A woman with long, dark hair and wide brown eyes stared back at Stella. A man with medium brown hair stood next to the woman, and put his arm around her shoulders.
"S...Stel..." the woman sputtered, her mouth slack from disbelief.
"Mom... Dad... It really is you..." Stella whined, tears starting to stream down her face.
Stella's parents stared for a second more, and then they both turned their backs on their daughter and walked briskly away.
"Mom! Dad! WAIT!" Stella screamed, chasing after them. The two adults were running full speed now, weaving through different houses and stalls.

"C'mon, let's go," Rarity told Astrol, and took off after Stella.

Astrol nodded and ran after Stella at the same pace as Rarity

Stella matched her parents' path until they reached the biggest house in the community. Her parents had slipped inside and locked the door.
"So you're just going to ABANDON me?!" Stella screamed. "Am I not your child?! Did you not think to seek me out to find out if I was even DEAD or not? I thought YOU were! All of you! And this is how you ****ing TREAT ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Stella kicked a rock so hard that it flew through a window in the house. The front door was wrenched open, and Stella's mother came out, noticing her daughter and the other two who stood behind her.
"We have no child," her mother said in a dark tone, her eyes still huge. "As far as we know, we are a married couple and nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing more!!"
Stella's anger was crushed by something else.
Fear.
"Wh-what do you mean?" she stammered. "Nothing more?!"
Her mother retained a smug expression and lifted her chin.
"Yes. Nothing more."
"But... What about...?" Stella's voice caught.
"About...?" her mother egged, sending Stella into another rage.
"CHARLOTTE! YOUR FIRST ****ING DAUGHTER!!! What about her?!" Stella shouted, her voice breaking multiple times as fresh, angry tears streamed down her face. Her mother's face straightened.
"She's gone, Stella. She's dead."
And what Stella did next scared her mother so much that she rushed back into the house and locked the door.

Rarity watched as Stella laughed maniacally, scaring her mother inside.
"Stella..." she said softly, putting her hand on Stel's shaking shoulder. "The sign... It wasn't too worn to read. This is the Lyewood Community."

Astrol gently patted and rubbed her back to comfort her, almost knowing the same pain she felt but under different circumstances when he found out his own parents passes away from the war

Stella laughed for a few minutes before shrugging her companions off. She turned to face them, her eyes glassy.
"It's okay," she said, smiling brightly at the others. "Charlotte is alive. She's alive because she can't die."
Stella walked back the way they'd come, helping herself to some fresh potatoes that sat in a barrel on the edge of her parents' lot.

Rarity thought Stella had lost it and was in the first stage of grief, denial. But she kept her mouth shut and grabbed a few more potatoes and slipped them into the makeshift bag she'd fashioned from her cardigan.
They found some meat, took it as well, and slipped back out of the Lyewood community and made their way back to the cave.

Astrol kept his head down, feeling uncomfortable at the awkward silence in the air

Once back at the cave, they unloaded the food and Rarity gathered up the empty water canteens to go refill them.

Stella sat by the dirt pile and stared at it, her face void of expression.
"Astrol... Where you ever in my shoes? Did you ever get disowned or abandoned by someone you loved and worried about?" she said softly.

Astrol's stomach wrenched and he swallowed hard and wrote on the dirt pile "Yes."

Rarity stayed outside for a while, giving Stella and Astrol some time to talk.

Stella shook her head at the word written in the dirt.
"I'm so sorry," she whispered. "This... My own parents... And it's not just me."
She looked at Astrol.
"I know you probably think I'm crazy, but I know for a fact that Charlotte is alive. I just need to keep an eye out for her." She sighed and gave Astrol a small smile. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

He smiled softly back and wrote 'Only if your fine with it, I don't want you to feel even more bad than you already do'

"I'm fine as long as I know Charlotte is still alive. She would never abandon me, and I know that she would never give up hope looking for me." Stella scratched at her leg and frowned. "I just don't understand how my parents could act like that. They were never overly affectionate, but for them to pretend like Charlotte and I are actually dead..." She shook her head.

He pats her back to comfort her 'Well to start off his name was Leo, we were childhood friends but something in me....' Astrol trailed off from that and then hesitantly wrote '..wanted to be more with him...' He swallowed hard, scared Stella might judge him.

Stella nodded understandingly and watched as Astrol wrote out the rest of his story.

"He was going through hard times, with his adoptive mother, financially and he was being picked on to the point he thought he didn't matter, I tried to help him along the way, and he snapped one day saying he was unwanted and useless..I confessed to show he mattered to me....but he just said "Why don't you prove it to me, Rol say it to my face, go on speak!"...I tried but nothing came out my mouth...just silence and me mouthing out what I want to say..he thought I only "confessed" because I felt sorry for him then he walked away back to his home...the next day I found out he ran away from home...I never saw him since.." he finished writing and sniffled remembering everything that went down as he wrote.

"I'm so sorry," Stel whispered, hugging Astrol while he wept.
"I'm sure he cared about you. If not, you wouldn't have known what was even happening to him. He was probably stressed beyond belief and ended up taking it out on you, because you were closest to him at the time..."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus