Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Stella Lyewood (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

Stella saw something new in Rarity's eyes. It was something that resembled fear. Rarity seemed like she had a tough skin, but Stella somehow doubted it.
Look who's judging, she chastised herself.
"All that sounds good to me. Astrol and I both can use magic, so we thought we'd stretch those 'muscles' out today, too. Can you use magic?" Stella wondered, cocking her head and hoping Rarity wasn't offended or threatened by two magic users in her safe space.
Astrol (played by FirePaw225)

Astrol stayed out of that and just watched as the two girls talked
Rarity (played by spider_pig_girl) Topic Starter

Rarity kept her mouth shut, but shook her head.
"Are you--" Stella started, but Rarity cut her off.
"If you're going to ask if I'm human, I'm not going to answer. But I don't have any prejudices, if that's what you're worried about."
Rarity stood, brushing her skirt off and straightening her shirt to cover her back again.
"I have another community I know of that grows some great potatoes and has raw meat always in supply. Steak and potatoes for dinner, anyone?" She set off to outside the cave.

Just stares at her while she leaves and looks at Stella and shrugs, guessing its a sensitive topic for her to answer

Stella felt bad about asking that wretched question too much. She was just curious, and didn't mean any harm. She shrunk in on herself, but still followed Rarity outside.
Rarity had already put plenty of distance between herself and the cave. She probably didn't want anyone seeing her out here in the middle of nowhere and assume her shelter was nearby or something.
"Hurry, Astrol!" she shouted back to the boy, climbing down a small outcropping of rock to follow Rarity.

Astrol nods and jogged over to the girls so he won't be left behind and possibly lost if he dared try to find them with no sense of direction at all.

Rarity climbed carefully over a hill that used to be covered in lush green grass. Only a few tufts of dead grass remained, while the rest was rendered to only dirt. From here, she had a better view of the surrounding area.
The first thing she checked for was any other people, because if she could see them, they could easily spot her as well. With no one but her approaching companions in sight, she made a note of how many communities she could see. From this particular hill, only two were able to be seen. One of them was the Harper Community, where she and Stella had first met yesterday. The other one, which Rarity had yet to visit, was in the exact opposite direction of the first. Rarity wasn't sure what it was called, but they'd probably figure it out after they made it there.
Rarity had two empty canteens on her. She filled both up at a nearby pond and ran back to meet up with the others.

Stella struggled to catch up to Rarity. Before she had the chance, Rarity ran back and shoved a canteen into her hands.
"Here, some water for the road. We need to head that way," she said, pointing the direction the cave faced.
"Oh, thanks. Is this all there is?"
"No, I have another. It should be enough for the trip there, for all three of us."
Stella turned to see Astrol had caught up.
"Up for another little road trip?"

Astrol nods as he was always ready for trips like these considering he had to escape when the war broke out and walk non-stop dirt and grass plains and woods

Rarity led the way, keeping a canteen to herself and not speaking much at all. Stella carried on a conversation, half with Astrol and half with herself. She'd try to include Rarity, but with no response, she eventually gave in to telling stories for the road.

"I don't understand why we have to live this way," Stella said. "I know it's a dog-eat-dog world, but you'd think at least one of these places would see three young people, one who's still a minor, and not turn them away, or even worse, kill them!"
She sighed.
"Charlotte and I... That's my big sister," she clarified to Astrol, who seemed to be the only one listening. "Charlotte and I used to stay up late reading books about war, about fantasy, about all this seemingly impossible stuff... And now, it's so hard to accept for reality, even though it's day-to-day life for us."
Stella went on to describe her favorite book she had with Charlotte, a children's book with two sisters who get turned into bunnies and have to find a way to break the curse. When she spoke, her eyes lit up and got greener with her brightening mood.

They stopped near the campsite they'd all fought at the day before. The bandits were gone. Rarity worried they'd all survived and possibly followed them, but she knew that someone had probably looted and possibly even cannibalized their corpses.
Yuck.

Stella cut her story off and ran over to a different part of the parched road, and picked up a dust-worn notebook and pen.
"Hey, Astrol!" she called. "Is this the same pad and pen set you had?"

Astrol's expression perked up from his regular poker face to a great big smile when he saw the pad and pen set and ran over to Stella to retrieve the items

Stella handed Astrol his items just as Rarity called out to them.

"Guys, over this way!" Rarity yelled back to her companions who had fallen behind.
They were getting closer to the other community, which meant they were closer to food.

Here Rarity's call and jogs to her to catch up

When the others had caught up, they continued down the road to the community. Its walls were much taller than they'd seemed on the hill before, and a sign off towards the main entrance stated the name of it. Rarity jogged ahead of the others, over by the sign, to read it. When she returned, Stella asked her what it had said.
"It... It was too worn to read," Rarity said, not making eye contact. "Here, let's see if we can find a place to slip in like we did yesterday."
Rarity began snaking along the side of the wall, searching.
"I found one!" she hissed at the others, motioning for them to join her.

Stella followed Rarity through the crack in the wall. They came out behind a house, and hid there for a moment. A scent of food wafted from inside the house, and her stomach growled.
"Come on, let's see what we can find," Rarity said. Stella nodded in agreement.

He nodded and followed where they walked and sneaked around

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Eagle Constellation ~ Aftermath

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus