Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

"I sense something, Lwyence," Audemar spoke lightly, "do you feel that too?" It felt like a shallow but heavy sorrow.

"Because Lywence and I felt it when we were cuffed," Audemar said quietly, "there's no mistaking the feeling, Taff."
Lilim (played anonymously)

Elesa was shivering and crying her eyes out, though her eyes were clenched shut as she held her head and huddled up in fear. She'd whimper and bring herself closer to Raven and the others as they clung to her, at the very least quieting down from the attention. When she felt the kiss come to her forehead and feel the warmth of the barrier around her with it, she calmed down enough to look at herself and around at the barrier, listening to Raven as she spoke.

Elesa listens to Raven closely, looking at the demon as she was told to, "I... I see... Darkness... A-and evil... That... Thing... Is too scary..." she whispers before hearing Raven speak of Lilim being somewhere in the camp and needing her help. The pep talk had Elesa's gaze changing from timid and fearful to braver and more determined, nodding to Raven and showing that she'd be alright. When Raven teleported her to Lilim's vicinity, she'd see Haldor holding Lilim and scrambled close to them as quickly as she could, latching onto Lilim and bringing her and Haldor both into Ravens barrier of Light.

Eclipse would see the ball of Light coming at him, and raised his hand in time to swat the orb away like a bug. The Light wasn't totally ineffective though, as half of Eclipses hand would be gone, slowly regenerating from more black and purple mist. Then came Pentre after him again, which made Eclipse give another jagged, neddle toothed grin, "Oh come now, Lord Knight. A spirit like me has no mother. But if you must know which wench has nurtured me the most over these past two decades...

I'd have to say it was Martha of Wellspring that provided an ample dark embrace. You made her fear magic so much that she had no idea she was feeding me every time she preached your greatness to Little Jimmy. And thanks to him and his sheer adoration of you, I was able to feed on his own angst until I met that Succubus. Without her magic and your influence and potent stockpile of pure angst, it would have taken me another 40 years to get the power I have now.

Oh? You're offering me another helping? Why Father, you're too kind. I'll not refuse though. After all, it is YOUR angst that will see this new Witch Queen to her grave. And once I have her angst, I will be stronger even than the GODS themselves. In your name, I will use all that power to slay Gaia herself, and all of her underlings. I'll do away with Emris and Titania too. And with no one to stand against me, I will cover this world in everlasting Darkness. This world will become a baren desert, void of magic and light, just as you wish it to be, Lord Knight.
" Eclipse growls forbodingly, grabbing Pentre by the shoulder and sucking more of Pentre's angst out of him.

Along with it went Pentre's stamina and by extention his vision, Eclipse forcably blinding Pentre before tossing him aside into another tent, for some reason not wanting to kill Pentre as he planned to do to Raven, but wanting the Lord Knight out of his way so as not to kill him by accedent. Spotting Jimmy next, "Ah. Hello there, Jimmy. How's my former incubator feeling this evening? Come to make a tribute to your GOD?" Eclipse growls to the boy, glaring at him with those deep crimson orbs that put a petrafying red spotlight on Jimmy.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven would watch expressionlessly as Eclipse had swatted her attack away like it was a mere bug, but also noted that it made part of his hand disappear, before it regenerated itself. It was then that she knew what she needed to do, or what type of magic she needed to use. She would fly up in the air with her bony wings, only to hear Pentre approaching them. Her dark aura would only get stronger at the audacity of the man, and she would whirl around to stare him down from the sky, firing a few sharp smoke needles at his feet. They weren't made to scare him, but rather to try and get him to leave. She would glower down at him, if he even recognized her in this form, and her voice would have changed drastically as she speaks to him from above.

"YOU!!!! It's ALL YOUR FAULT that this...this...THING even exist! It said so itself! Your its father for gods sake!! I'll deal with YOU later!!"

She screams at him, before whirling on Eclipse.

And YOU!!! You seem really eager to pick a fight with me!! But I won't go down without a fight!!!"

She says before noting the thing approach Pentre and start sucking more energy out of him, reducing him of his stamina and making him blind before tossing him to the side. She would note Eclipse's hesitance to kill him, and would be sure to use that to her advantage later. Meanwhile, she would stop in her tracks as she saw Will come towards them.....followed by Jimmy. Her eyes would widen and she would curse herself, before flying down in front of Jimmy and pulling him into an embrace. She would note the collar on his neck, and she would be sure to give a beating to the person who placed it later. Though right now her main focus was on protecting Jimmy. Jimmy would be seeing her in her demonic form, but she hoped he would realize that she was ready to lose herself if it meant protecting him and the others.

"Honey....Listen to me....I know you hate me right now, and honestly, I don't blame you....I would hate me too....It's all my fault your orphaned, but I hope that someday, you'll come to forgive me...and if you would let me, I would like to adopt you....I don't expect you to say yes, and that's fine....but we can talk about that later...for now, don't listen to a word this thing says....and no matter what happens, just know I'm doing it to protect you....all of you....ok?"

She says before placing a kiss on his forehead, casting the same barrier of light around him that he put around Elesa. And with the golden collar on him, he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. She would stand up and whirl around on the demon, her eyes glowing red as she flew up in the air, her body glowing a white radiance starting from the center of her torso.

"IF YOU SO MUCH AS LAY A HAND ON ANY OF MY FRIENDS, YOUR ASS IS MINE!!!! YOU WENT SO FAR AS TO CHALLENGE ME?! THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE SO FOCUSED ON EVERYBODY ELSE! I'M RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!"

She screams before the light orb around her gets bigger and bigger, engulfing her completely until her figure wouldn't be able to be seen on the inside, and she would merely look like a ball of light. With that in mind, she would charge her entire body right for Eclipse, flying right at him. Flying right through him. The ball of light would be cause for the now gaping hole in his stomach, and it would also be a display of power, showing Eclipse that she wouldn't be going down easily. Once she had flown through him and the light did it's job, it would disappear and Raven would be flying behind him, preparing her next attack.

Audemar looked to the entrance of the harem, then to Taff, "It seems to me that I will have a lot to teach this young boy but I am not sure how I can without rising suspicion."
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will stood up to Eclipse, standing between the demon and Jimmy once he heard Jimmy and saw the demon going for him. He scaled up, his out as the black clouds above started to pour down buckets of rain onto everyone. Will swiped at the demon to get it to move back. Before he could do anything else, he saw Raven's orb of light, then watched as she flew through the demon. Seeing as how Eclipse wasn't going down with just that one attack, Will stepped in to help, sinking his claws into the demon's back to hold him still for her next attack. That would've been what happened, if it wasn't for a bolt of lightning striking Will's head as soon as he sunk his claws into the demon's back.
Lilim (played anonymously)

Eclipse grunts sharply as Raven flies through his stomach, feeling Will's dragon claws sink into his back and using his own body as a conductor to hit him with the lightning. He'd growl sharply as the lightning burns into him, but it didnt last long enough to do any lasting damage and Eclipse was able to cast Will off with a wave of his wing. He'd look again to Jimmy, thrusting his arm after the boy and latching onto him with his claws. Thanks to Jimmy panicing so bad when Raven was trying to be nice and protect him, Jimmy had negated the protective barrier of light that would have saved him from what was going to happen next.

Eclipse sharply yanks Jimmy back to him and pins him sharply to the ground with the childs chest in the dirt, held in place by deeply rooted chains of black mist, preventing Jimmy from running, "Ignorant child!! Of course your blood is red!! Magic or not, the appearance of your blood will ALWAYS be the same!!" Eclipse shouts before using his claws to lay Wills chest clean open, tearing his scales away like layers of worthless glass just to make him bleed in front of Jimmy, showing the child that magic or no magic, all spilt blood was red. Jimmy could do nothing but watch as Will bled in streams and ribbons in front of his face.

Finally he'd turn his attention back to Raven exclusively, "Yes... You're very right my dear. How careless of me to declare my challenge and then ignore you. Let's take this battle where all can see and none can further interfere." he growls loudly, spreading his wings and taking to the air, effortlessly rising high above the camp as his wounds healed with the dark power of angst once again. He'd produce a barrier of pure darkness around him and expand it so it was a large spherical arena which only Raven would be invited to enter.

Back on the ground, Elesa would be clinging to Lilim and listening to the thundering voice of the demon, Eclipse, hearing him say what he did to Jimmy and hearing Will scream out in agony as Eclipse does something, then turns around and makes Raven an offer for a secluded one on one match. Elesa was worried, and feared that Raven wouldn't be able to face Eclipse all alone. She'd look to Lilim and started to shake her, "Big Sis... Wake up... Wake up, please... Big Sis... Big Sis... Raven needs help." she pleads out of worry.

Lilim was still unresponsive, at least for several more seconds. She'd slowly come to and open her eyes, only for the light around Elesa to sting her pupils and she'd have to clench her eyes shut for a second to let her eyes adjust, "Mmm... Elesa?... Wh... What happened?... H-Haldor?... Where are we?" she inquires before trying to sit up a little.

Raven's claws of black smoke would quickly turn into claws of pure white light, as she was helpless to do anything to help them. Not to mention the fact that after Jimmy ran away from her, she had all but given up on trying to befriend him, since his reaction would reveal his true feelings towards her. And in this state, she was almost certainly ruled by emotions and emotions alone. And there was only one thing she was feeling right now: rage. She would also notice that Will had been swatted to the side like a fly, and would make an effort to heal him later.......assuming she remained in some control of her demon form. It wouldn't go away just because the battle ended, and if nobody managed to snap her out of it, then it would mean holy hell to everything and everyone in the nearby area.

She would stare at the demon cold heartedly, no emotion behind her eyes but rather a burning fire as she stared him down and turned to address her. She was absolutely seething. This thing had possessed one of her friends and injured another. She was surely going to make this thing pay for what it has done, even if she died trying. That was the mental state she was in at the moment, and nothing would be able to rouse her from this form. She watched as the demon took to the air, and looked on as he produced a barrier of pure darkness, which called out to her. She would hold her hand out and summon her staff, as it flied up towards her and into her hand. She would stare and nod with a steely determination as she flew straight upwards and into the barrier, disappearing from everyone else's sight as she passed through it.

"Raven....just so you know, no matter what happens-"

"Crow and I are right here with you until the end, ok?"

"I know that....for now anyway...."

She says as she pulls her body to her and gets into a fetal position, preparing for her next attack. She would close her eyes and another white light would surround her as she started chanting.

"monde cura boku....boku de llarona zief....zief gal sutna!!!"

The three of them say in unison, and Raven's body almost immediately springs out of it's fetal position, and the area around the two of them would begin shaking rapidly. The ball of light would explode around them, producing shard after shard of light rays, and the after a moment of nothing, the shards would fire off in random directions, so there was no pattern to predict and he wouldn't be able to dodge them all so easily. They would pierce him everywhere, from head to toe, but whether it proved useful or not was to be determined. Though she just needed to find a weak point, which as of yet she had not been able to find.

Will was laying on the ground, still as a rock from getting blasted to the brain with lightning and swatted like a fly from the demon and his chest torn open. He would lay on the ground like a corpse for a minute or so before he twitched. He twitched a few more times before he shot up towards the demon, only to get reflected back down by the dark barrier.

A flash of lightning came out, showing a changed Will. Instead of his normal face, his head looked like a scale covered skull with a nose and pointed teeth, every single one of them visible, giving him a sinister smile. His wounds glowed orange as they seemed to burn themselves trying to heal.

Audemar looked to the entrance once more. This feeling of sorrow and defeat weighed on Audemar even though it was not his own and he so desperately wanted to help. He had a purpose after a century of ending life, though he saw it as putting others out of their misery. "Surely, you can seek agreement with me on this feeling, Taff," Audemar spoke quietly.

(Okay then, that's a way to stop something lol)

Will continued trying to get through the barrier, jumping with inhuman strength and crashing into the barrier, each time ramming it and falling back to the ground, any wound getting instantly healed as he jumped back towards the barrier, repeating the process like a rabid fox trying to get into a sturdy hen house. He continued this until he saw the barrier fall, thanks to Lilim. His eyes shined red as he jumped up at Eclipse, butting his feet on his back and grabbing his wings as he bit down hard on the demon's shoulder with his fangs.

Raven's eyes would travel upward, staring even deeper into the sky as she saw it open up and eventually felt them tear away all of her bindings. She would yelp in pain as black spots formed in her vision, her wings flapping weakly as she tried staying awake. The shock of having it all ripped from her body would have caused her to faint, but she would glance at Lilim who was casting a pink rose towards her. Before she knew it, she was engulfed in a blue light with a white outer hue, and she could feel her wounds closing, though it wouldn't be painful. No, it would almost feel rejuvenating. Even the pain in between her shoulder blades would start feeling better, as she stared between eclipse and Lilim.

"Raven!!! Are you ok?!"

"Better, now that I'm not at risk at being that demon's play thing..."

She says before hearing Pentre shout to all the bandits a reward for Will's head, watching as bandit and slaver alike poured into the midst of their battle. Before she could do anything about it though, Eclipse was already sucking the angst out of all the bandit's and getting more powerful. She would be seething with rage, as she turned to face Pentre from above. Since he to was blinded, he wouldn't be able to see this coming. She would stop flying, and allow herself to plummet down towards the earth, her feet aimed at Pentre's back. With every second, she would gain momentum before her feet were planted in his back, sending him face first into the ground and eating the earth. She had landed ontop of him in such a way that she was standing ontop of him, and she would put her foot on the back of his head, pressing down on it harshly. She had landed ontop of him so hard that the impact caused a crater to form in the ground, surely leaving Pentre severely injured. Raven's voice would boom over him as her eyes became darker red with each moment.

"YOU IGNORANT FRACTION OF A MAN!!! CAN YOU DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!?!? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! SO STAY DOWN LIKE THE WORM YOU ARE, EATING THE DIRT UNDERNEATH YOU AND SHUT. UP. BEFORE I RIP THAT TONGUE OUT OF THAT DISGUSTING AND FOUL MOUTH OF YOURS!!!"

She screams before flying back up and wheeling on Eclipse simultaneously.

"And YOU!!! I've had ENOUGH of you!!!! You are not going to get away with what you were trying to do!!! No more messing around, the games are OVER!!!!!"

She says, having come completely enraged. She had been messing around before, but no more. She was thoroughly pissed off and ready to end this. She cupped both her hands out in front of her but close to her chest, and a small ball of light appeared in between her hands. It was so small it was laughable. Though that would only last a moment, as it got bigger and bigger and bigger. It continued to grow while Raven chanted, and eventually grew to be quite large. She was going to get her revenge before ending this, as she thrust her hands outwards and down at Eclipse, firing the ball of light like a cannon. When it hit Eclipse, it would hit him with a thunderous crash, and when Eclipse noticed, he would see a medium hole in his stomach, that laid dead center of his stomach. It would have been bigger, but Raven was getting tired and it wouldn't be enough to kill him, but it was sure as hell going to hurt him. She was showing him first hand that she was messing around before, but she was all business now. The games were over. This wound would take a tad longer to heal, and that was indeed her plan as she started charging up for her next attack.

Will grunted as Eclipse used his body to soften the blow to the fall, but the fall did jerk his head back, causing him to rip the chunk of shoulder out. Will chewed and swallowed the chunk of demon shoulder he bit off as the demon turned into smoke and moved a distance away from him.

Will quickly got up to see himself surrounded by bandits and slaves, all ready to kill. He looked around as the shirt he wore burst into flames, quickly burning off as a dragon tail grew from his backside. At the same time, a bandit stabbed him with a lance while another went for his back with an ax. Both weapons shattered as Will grew increasingly angry. Will opened his mouth and let out a loud, ear pounding screech which was sure to make everyone drop and cover their ears, all the humanoids that is.

Audemar whispered, "I know I'm not who you were expecting, Jimmy but Taff has told me about you. My name is Audemar and I can help you embrace and control your magic." Audemar felt a nervousness which he hasn't had in many years.

"The herbs or plants with the ability to defeat such a demon are created," Audemar whispered, "but there is a way to weaken this demon. I have only tried it once but I can help." Audemar sighed, "When awake, you can call to me and I can sense it now that I've seen you."

"Jimmy," Audemar whispered in concern, "can you hear me?" The old sorcerer had a bad feeling in his gut but he knew the boy needed him. He turned to Taff, "I am going to attempt to go to Jimmy, I sense an uneasiness."

Audemar felt the warmth of Lywence's embrace and held on to it. He nodded and spoke, "I shall return safe and sound." Audemar walked out of the harem and found the Sultan in his throne room. He bowed to him, "I feel an uneasiness in the fields and I request to aid those in danger, please allow me to go and help those who are in need."

Audemar bowed once more to his superior, "Many thanks, your Highness." Audemar was led out to the stables. He looked back to the men who will be assisting him, "Are you ready?"

Calico was met with a smile from the sorcerer as he opened the stable door, "I am not worthy of a title but worry not, I can summon water but we must make haste. I sense grave danger up ahead." Audemar boarded a beautiful brown horse and calmed her as she nieghed loudly.

"I would advise you do so," Audemar said with a serious expression, "I feel we may need them and no matter how powerful my magic is, it never hurts to have even a small army."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus