Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Fyonae (played anonymously)

Fyonae, who had begun to follow Jupiter, stopped at the words from Elyis. He had seemed to be so honest in his sorrow, yet would he turn back to evil once again? A twinge of nervous energy moved through her and she regarded the man warily, reaching for the light within in case Elyis tried anything. "Perhaps you can serve the light, rather than the dark." She finally said, hoping to convince the man to abandon his focus on taking her to the Spire.

"The dark will only use and manipulate you. It rules with fear and hate. The light serves and protects." With a glance to Jupiter she bit her lip a moment then added, "just come with us. I don't understand my own purpose within all of this, I don't know where my path leads, only that I will never aid the darkness. I would die first." Her voice hardened slightly.
Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

Elyis' voice wavered as he closed his eyes and spoke.

"The Silent Eye...my conscious? Aid those that bring death and destruction, or join the good fight that will undoubtedly kill me? Such is the whims of the world. On my left hand lies the world, on my right, the fair Fyonae, young Jupiter, wise Itrix. Tis a familiar place I do venture back, and the path of the unknown I might step to. Where do I turn? Who shall be the judge of my own? I can start over and be hunted thusly, but also I return to the Silent Eye with the task failed...I am not certain of what future comes to throw me asunder, I...will join your cause."

A flicker of relief passed over Fyonae's face and she offered a soft smile. "Thank you." Shr whispered, glad the man would not try to drag her to the dark spire.

Turning she motioned the man and began to follow in Jupiter's footsteps, wondering where he would lead, and to what strange land and new adventures.

Chapter I: Time Flux
The trio began to walk towards the entrance of the cave. Jupiter leading and Elyis in the back. It wasn't long before the blankets of night fell upon the world, leaving only the stars as their guide.

"Great...I think I may have carried us in the wrong direction. Fyonae, or Elyis...do the lot of you know your way around this area?"

Elyis looked up towards the sky and then back towards the ground.

"I'm not sure where this is at...Fyonae? Pray tell you know where we are?"

Fyonae indeed knew the forest in this area, or most of it. Sbe traversed the forest whenever she went to the nearest town to sell her carvings. "My clan lies about a day's more travel to the north. Near the very center of this large forest where a crystal lake stretches out. There my clan lives. On the far side of that mountains begin to rise. And on this side, before we reach the lake, a gorge runs through the forest, with a river at the bottom. It is not easy to get down, but at one point there is a small path that winds down the canyon and up the other side."

She wasn't sure where it was Jupiter wanted to get to, and her gaze glanced over him, wondering if he remembered.

The quiet of the night around them was only broken by the buzzing of insects and the occasional hoot of an owl. Overhead, the moon peeked through the canopy of trees, lighting their way a bit.

(Sorry to break up the story's mood, but what's your opinion on roleplay stats like health points and experience points and all that? It's an idea I've been toying around with, wasn't sure if I should add it to here or not...)

"So it is true." Jupiter said with a defeated tone. "I led you all astray. We were going the opposite direction. The cave that I appeared in was a way around the mountains..."

((I say do whatever you fancy for your rp. I don't have a lot of experience with that kind but I'd give it a go if you want.))

Fyonae sighed as she regarded the others. "It's okay." She finally said, offering a smile to the boy. "It'll just take us longer to get there."

(Great! It adds more depth to character progress in my opinion. Gonna test it to see if it works.)

Stat Info

Fyonae: Lv. 1
HP: 100
Mt: 8
Def: 10
Agl: 10
Per: 9

Itrix Cotironin wrote:
(Great! It adds more depth to character progress in my opinion. Gonna test it to see if it works.)

Stat Info

((You'll have to tell me what these stats mean xD))

Here's how it works.

~ This is your character's level. Generally speaking, how strong your skillset is as a whole. Once you reach a high enough number, your level will change.

~ Hit Points, health points, whatever. This is your main health. If it drops to 0, you're KO'd for a bit and are out of action for a while depending on the killing damage.

~ Might, or usually known as Atk (Attack), this gauges how strong you are and how much damage you can inflict on foes. Remember, it is best to keep your attack and defense within at least a threshold of five or six for maximum flexibility on offense and defense.

~ Defense! Keeps you protected from the whims of damage and stuff...If you want to maximize the potential of this stat, you'll have plenty of resistance to PHYSICAL attacks and will practically be a walking tank.

~ This here is often called Spd (Speed), but here, it's Agility. This stat determines your overall stamina during moments where, say for example, you're forced to run inside of an arena. You'll be able to make a couple laps around this theoretical arena in one breath once you level it up enough with AP, in which I'll discuss later.

~ Perception. Determines how your character can sense its surroundings. A character with low perception is prone to clumsiness and will often be surprised by blatantly obvious things. A character with a high PER stat is like...omniscient in a sense that they still have their humanity...I'm not sure how that really works, they're just scarily accurate about everything around them.

M.Res: 8
~ Mystic Resistance. Determines how your character is resistant to magic and mystical attacks. Buff this stat up with AP and you'll be practically nigh invulnerable towards the magic attacks of evil mages and whatnot.

AP: n/a
~ Something I forgot to include, silly typical me, Ability Points. Once you gain enough experience, you'll gain AP. You can use AP to apply it to your stats in order to level up. Leveling up is manual, mind you.

XP: n/a
~ Experience points. The number will increase depending on various tasks. Will grant you AP if it reaches a certain amount, I just said it before, why am I typing it again?

Again, note that the skills don't cap off at 99. I'm being generous and allowing the cap for all stats to be a little over than twice that amount, 200. The amount equal to having a low count would be 70 and below. 71 and over is considered a high stat.

So, there you have it! A brief rundown of the mess that's been inside my head for a while nowOH WAIT, before I forget, you'll have rly cool stuff such as clothing, armor, and weapon slots as well. I don't think I need to explain that too much...

Itrix Cotironin wrote:
Here's how it works.

~ This is your character's level. Generally speaking, how strong your skillset is as a whole. Once you reach a high enough number, your level will change.

~ Hit Points, health points, whatever. This is your main health. If it drops to 0, you're KO'd for a bit and are out of action for a while depending on the killing damage.

~ Might, or usually known as Atk (Attack), this gauges how strong you are and how much damage you can inflict on foes. Remember, it is best to keep your attack and defense within at least a threshold of five or six for maximum flexibility on offense and defense.

~ Defense! Keeps you protected from the whims of damage and stuff...If you want to maximize the potential of this stat, you'll have plenty of resistance to PHYSICAL attacks and will practically be a walking tank.

~ This here is often called Spd (Speed), but here, it's Agility. This stat determines your overall stamina during moments where, say for example, you're forced to run inside of an arena. You'll be able to make a couple laps around this theoretical arena in one breath once you level it up enough with AP, in which I'll discuss later.

~ Perception. Determines how your character can sense its surroundings. A character with low perception is prone to clumsiness and will often be surprised by blatantly obvious things. A character with a high PER stat is like...omniscient in a sense that they still have their humanity...I'm not sure how that really works, they're just scarily accurate about everything around them.

M.Res: 8
~ Mystic Resistance. Determines how your character is resistant to magic and mystical attacks. Buff this stat up with AP and you'll be practically nigh invulnerable towards the magic attacks of evil mages and whatnot.

AP: n/a
~ Something I forgot to include, silly typical me, Ability Points. Once you gain enough experience, you'll gain AP. You can use AP to apply it to your stats in order to level up. Leveling up is manual, mind you.

XP: n/a
~ Experience points. The number will increase depending on various tasks. Will grant you AP if it reaches a certain amount, I just said it before, why am I typing it again?

So, there you have it! A brief rundown of the mess that's been inside my head for a while nowOH WAIT, before I forget, you'll have rly cool stuff such as clothing, armor, and weapon slots as well. I don't think I need to explain that too much...

((Okay that's not too hard. The only problem is I don't have a reference for what are high stats and what are low ones. Is there a range, just so I know?))

(The cap range for all stats are 200. Forgot yet again to mention that. A "high" stat would be around the 70-200 range while a low stat would be below this range.)

Itrix Cotironin wrote:
(The cap range for all stats are 200. Forgot yet again to mention that. A "high" stat would be around the 70-200 range while a low stat would be below this range.)

((Ok. Thanks. So will you be updating all that accordingly?))

(Of course.)

The trio began to walk in the opposite direction with Jupiter leading. Eventually, they come across a familiar tree and lake, and then to the mouth of the cave.

"We've made it. It's still dark. I'm sure that no one would have the sense to follow us here. They won't be able to access this portal anyway." Jupiter said.

(I, in addition to this, made a group so that other people don't get all salty that we always have our thread at the front.)

Fyonae moved along with the others, her feet quiet upon the forest floor as she glanced about, trying to commit the way to memory. When they entered the cave, she blinked, eyes adjusting to the very dim interior.

"So this is where we go to the other land? Did Itrix... time travel?" Fyonae asked softly, her curiosity rising.

"If you want a straightforward answer, yes, in a way." Jupiter said. "If you want a...longer answer...he was not able to take you because not only was it time travel, but another...reality in the future."

"So how can we follow now, if he was unable to take me before? And why did he go?" She asked, question fter question shooting through her mind. She felt a bit frustrated that Itrix had left her to the mercy of his enemies without so much as a word of explanation. But she would be strong, and she would overcome the trials, learning all she could in the process.

"I'm sure you have many questions, but I assume, as with all things, they will come naturally. This power binds all of its users in the same net. We are all connected, negative to positive. It's a destiny that we can't escape from. I'm not speaking this for myself, mind you. This was all Itrix's words. Hopefully I said it right..." Jupiter remarked.

"This Itrix guy...he seems...quite...knowledgeable. I can tell that he's indeed a formidable force to be reckoned with. He had already seen this...all of this transpire before. And if he knows this much, maybe he's way older than I originally thought." Elyis added.

"Fyonae, mind stepping back? This thing that I'm about to do, I don't know in what ways it would affect you..." Jupiter said.

Fyonae wasn't sure she liked the idea of her destiny already being written for her. She preferred to think she had a say in things. But, with a nod she shrugged and stepped back a few long paces, watching Jupiter, curious to see what he would do.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus