Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Fyonae (played anonymously)

Fyonae stirred the next morning, having slept very soundly, her body worn out from the awakening as well as her long travels. She felt much more awake now, invigorated as never before, her mind sharp and focused. Jumping out of bed, she realized she had slept in her clothes from the previous day, now feeling rumpled and needing a refresh.

Perhaps a bath... she thought, wondering if such could be had here. Then, her mind turned to the events of the previous day and she felt excitement sparking through her, having no idea of the wizards nighttime travels.

She wandered out into the main living area, leaving her pack on the floor, her wolven shadow trailing as always, seeming happy for the time being. Tucking a fee strands of hair behind an ear, she searched the room for Itrix. "Master?" She called softly.
Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

There was no answer. The door, however, was left open. Papers and other various objects were strewn about the room.

Feeling the chill morning air coming from the open doorway, Fyonae blinked in confusion as she moved to glance outside. She saw no one. "Master?" She called again, a bit more loudly this time. The ears of the wolven shadow flicked back as a twinge of nervousness flickered through Fyonae. Where was he?

Closing the door Fyonae moved back through the cottage, looking in each room she found, though she knocked before entering. Coming to one room, the door already ajar, she noticed papers strewn around what looked to be a study of sorts. On a desk by a small window, a notebook lay open. Fyonae cautiously moved for a clpwer look.

"Controlled Chronological Displacement" . The words stared up at her and she tried to make sense of them. What did it mean? How could it mean what she thought. Was the wizars able to time travel? Shock moved through her and she flipped through more pages, but found nothing to clue her into where Itrix might be.

With a sigh, Fyonae went to find food in the kitchen, grabbing bread and fruit, and stuffing more into the satchel she'd retrieved from her room. Not knowing if it would do any good to search for him, Fyonae still determined to check the surrounding area, just to make sure

Just then, not far from the outside, a hooded man strolls until he spies the small cottage. It was the man from before. Signaling the others, they open the door to the cottage. The main hood spoke in his menacing voice.

"Old man! I have returned with company so that I can destroy you!"

Fyonae, standing near a copse of trees yet very close to the cottage, sees the group of men approach, her face darkening at their intrusion. She knows she is outnumbered, yet the thought of the men vandalizing Itrix's cottage causes her anger to rise. Carefully she pushes it away, stepping forward out into the open.

"Excuse me," she called sweetly, blinking demurely at the men. Perhaps he wouldn't remember she had been with the wizard previously. "I already checked, no one is home. So it won't do any good to go bashing through." She smiled at them, tucking her hair behind and ear and giving a few more flutters of her hazel eyes.

"I am sure gentlemen like you don't go around vandalizing folk's home for no good reason." She murmered, hoping to talk them out of their violence.

The main member of the small group looked around in confusion. His black cape flowing in the gentle breeze.

"Gentlemen? Do you...mean us? Surely you're mistaking us for some other poor saps...but greetings to you, fair maiden-"

A voice piped up from the back.

"Quit the small talk. We've come on a mission to destroy the one named Itrix! As it looks...you seem be his disciple..."

Fyonae sighed. Clearly the men were not about to be dissuaded from their current line of thought. "Itrix is not here, as I said." She offered once again, voice laden with sarcastic patience. "I will let him know upon his return that you wish to destroy him. If you wish to make an appointment, please let me know." Her eyes glinted with amusement even as she took the measure of their small band, preparing herself inwardly should things come to a fight.

In her mind, she reached to grasp a bit of the light, instict urging her to try pursuasion once again, though with aid of the light. Focusing in the man who seemed to be the leader, Fyonae smiled demurely once more. "Really Gentlemen, violence isn't necessary. Just be on your way.. " her voice felt heavier, laden with sweetness as the light coated her vocals, adding pursuasion to her words beyond that of ordinary means.

The strongest of the group stepped forth and carefully examined the girl. He emitted a strange dark energy from his piercing eyes. He spoke with a heavy baritone voice that shook even the main member.

"Indeed. It cannot be denied. The fellow that lives here knows a secret and keeps it closely guarded. Only he would entrust that secret to you..."

He slowly gets closer to the girl's face.

"Tell me. What do you know? You're trapped. If you try anything that would harm us, well, you'll soon see why the Silent Eye has so many members..."

"I assure you, sir. He has told me next to nothing. I only arrived the previous day." Fyonae kept her voice level, keeping the fear which rose within her at the man's nearness, and the danger in his eyes out of her voice. She wouldn't let them intimidate her.

She lifted her chin and took a measured step back from the man to put distance between them. She didn't feel trapped. She knew the forest like the back of her hand. "I know not where Itrix is.." she said again, keeping her voice soft, trying to appear vulnerable even as she nonchalantly slipped a dagger from the waistband of her tunic, where she had kept it hidden.

Hoping no one had seen her pull it out she kept the blade a bit behind her as she blinked up at the man closest to her. "I would tell you his secret if I knew it." She lied. In all truth she wasnt sure which secret they spoke of. Perhaps she really didn't know.

Even as she spoke, and prepared her dagger, she wished she knew better how to use the light she was flooded with, wished she had more training. Not knowing what else to do with it, she gripped it with her mind, trying to pull it about her like a shield.

"Hmm...alright. Well, you must know something. Of course, Itrix is no shackled fool. He always has to tell someone about his adventures...listen, girl. I'm not patient." The man said with malice dripping from his words. "One more time. Where is Itrix?"

Fyonae pushed down the panic which threatened to arise, the wolven shadow at her bare feet snarling softly, ears pinned. Taking another step back, Fyonae desperately tried to keep calm. "He was gone when I woke up. I am telling the truth. If you had any power at all, you'd know that." She spat the words at the man, her feminine posturing gone in place of anger. No more pretending. "Get away from me." She added softly, menace in her own voice as she looked at the man defiantly."

"You...INSUFFERABLE-"

"NO!" The main leader exclaimed, holding him back. "Violence does not perpetuate the end...ah, who am I kidding? Of course it does."

The leader's eyes ignited with a deep red flame as he conjured an aura of sinister energy around him.

"Itrix is not here. You will suffice. I will find out what you know!"

In a moment, Fyonae's fear and anger had transformed her, the wolven shadow at her feet becoming real and solid, and the girl herself seeming to evaporate into nothing. Fyonae snarled at the man as his eyes flickered with red flame. Her black pelt rustled slightly in a soft breeze as she bared her fangs, growling softly as she circled a bit, trying to get behind the man, where she could better attack. The sinister energy emanating from him caused her skin to shivver, and her lip to curl, ears flattening, her still hazel eyes trained on the men.

"Such a novelty...luckily this magic is potent towards...animals."

The leader leapt into the air, the strong one activating his magic to conjure a powerful wind that ripped the roof straight off of the cottage. The other conjuring a red lightning bolt in his hand, throwing it to make an electric storm that violently spun around the perimeter of the ruined cottage.

Fyonae's head jerked to watch as the roof was torn from the cottage, a growl ripping from her throat. Ears pinned to her head as she hunkered low, the bolts of electricity causing fear to well stronger.

Lip still curled, she shot forward, baring her fangs and attempting to sink them into the leg of the nearest attacker, a snarl emerging from her throat, hackles raised. If she couldn't get a bite in, she would try to knock one of them over and go for the throat instead. Survive, the instict shot through her, her adrenaline pumping.

Inwardly, Fyonae knew it was probably better for her to face the men in her human form, with the light at her disposal, yet as she fought to regain that form, she struggled to overcome the strength of the emotion that kept her in wolven form.

The men stayed further away as they increased the power of their magic.

Suddenly, there was a crash of thunder and a flash of lighting directly hitting the girl from the raging winds.

"Succumb to the storm!" The large man exclaimed.

Fyonae whirled, snarling as she heard the thunder, and saw the flash of lightening. Spinning she tried to dodge it, yet wasn't quick enough, the bolt striking her side and pulling a yelp from her as it knocked her down, the pain of the jarring jolt coursing through her. As she lay there her form flickered back to human, the wolf returning to a mere shadow. Fyonae didn't move for a long moment, her limbs seeming unable to work, her mind groggy from the electric shock.

Trying to sit up, she wobbled, feeling weak even as she opened her eyes to look for her attackers. With a last attempt, she struggled to her knees, gripping the knife which was still in her grasp and hurled it at the one who'd conjured the lightening. Pain still coursed through her, and she panted slightly, her brow furrowed as she tried to remain conscious to see if the knife hit her target.

The dagger fell short a few feet of contact and all the chaos suddenly stopped. The man with the lightning eyes slowly came down and walked calmly over to Fyonae.

"A dagger? That's honestly pathetic, but hey, at least you tried. You might be of use to us..." The man conjured a swirling mist within his hands and released the blood red mist onto Fyonae. "The Silent Eye grants us the power of many ways to make others submit to our will. You too will know the ways of our society...very...very soon..."

Fyonae was too weak to move, her limbs betraying her will after the lightening strike and she found she couldn't move back from the approaching man who had dangerous eyes. Breath coming a bit faster, she could only watch with furious hazel eyes as the mist was conjured, though she tried to move back. "Just stay away." She muttered, her mind fuzzy. But the men were too powerful for her, and the mist wafted over her.

As she felt her consciousness slip further, she muttered, "I'll never... join you.." just before her eyes rolled back and she slumped to the earth, unconscious. Her red brown hair fell over her face a bit, and her eyes closed, though she still breathed softly.

Deep within the confines of her sleep, she saw a vision of Itrix within a strange land.
A familiar sky, except the lands were something unknown.
Giant alien fortresses within a sea of solid black. Strange large creatures seemingly gliding within the dark ocean. People on the ocean's edge...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus