Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Fyonae (played anonymously)

Fyonae moved restlessly, her mind feeling trapped in uncontiousness, visions passing before her lidded eyes. Where was Itrix? What strange land was this, and was it real or merely the conjurings of a muddled mind? The sights she beheld were amazing indeed. How had he come to be there, and why hadn't he returned?

Slowly, Fyonae rose from unconciousness, her head pounding with an aching pain. She blinked a few times, not moving at first as she tried to assess her situation. Had the red mist caused her to black out? Or had it merely been the after effects of the electric jolt she'd received? Still without moving, Fyonae tried to flick her gaze to see if any of her attackers were still about, hoping to not draw attention to her awakened state.
Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

The man from before was standing over her menacingly. The other two were not around.

"It isn't everyday I get a fine specimen the likes of yourself. That red mist was my special ability. I am the Recruiter. I can forcefully eject the will of whomever I choose and replace it with my own. You'll find that you're aware of everything around you, but your body will not move unless prompted. Behold. Stand and face me."

Fyonae gasped softly as she heard the man's words, her body moving even as he spoke. She tried to stop it, tried to force herself to stay on the ground, yet soon she had done just as the man said, standing before him, gaze resentful and angry. "I will find a way to stop this." She whispered, trying to force the fear out of her eyes, hating how it made her feel.

"Itrix will return to stop you as well." She hoped he did, or could even return from the strange land he had gone too. She stood still because she could not move, yet everything in her wanted to run, or fight.

Fyonae reached for the light within her mind, trying to somehow figure out if she could stop her body from betraying her like this.

From far off within the stone cave, all was silent. The dust moving about in the open air, glinting as it floated about. Soon, there was a breeze, and then a gust of wind, displacing the dust of the cave. In a flash, the patterns on the ground emanated the colorful mist from off the floor and coalesced into a thick fog, forming into a portal. Soon, there was a light that shined from within the cave's interior.

A young boy was ejected out from this portal and proceeded to get up and dust his clothes off. He had remembered his mission from the elderly "wizard" and set out to find someone named Fyonae. It was only then that his destiny would form and the forces of darkness would awaken from beyond the depths.

Bewildered from the sites, he figured that he had landed precisely not too far away from Itrix's cottage. Taking one last look around, he courageously marched forth to begin his journey.

~~~

"I can convince anyone to do whatever I impose upon them. Even you, filled with the light of life, shall soon succumb to the darkness and join my forces. Already your body is reacting to my words. Come. Follow me towards...the Dark Spire...it will be there that I can truly make you...mine." The man whispered to Fyonae.

Though her skin crawled a bit at the man's whispered words, Fyonae could not keep her body from moving to walk just behind her captor, her gaze trained toward the distance. "I will not embrace the dark." She muttered, her words coming a bit haltingly as she forced them through lips that did not obey.

She imagined the light within her, coaxed it with her mind to glow as brightly as it could, to spread through her, protect her from further invasion of the darkness. All the while her bare feet hushed quietly after the menacing man, fear coiling in her belly.

Still wearing her clothing from yesterday, leggings which ended mid calf and a light green and brown tunic which flattered her feminine figure, while still remaining practical for travel, Fyonae noticed that the edges of it were a bit blackened, as if a bit charred from the electric strike earlier.

Around them, an absence of bird calls caused the forest to take on an eerie feel, which seemed appropriate under the circumstances, Fyonae thought ironically. Yet she longed to hear the sound of anything other than her captors dark words

"I suppose that...this all might seem...very frightening, but don't worry." The man said as his fingers glided through her hair. "The Silent Eye would always benefit from interesting sorts like you." There was now a hint of sadness within the man's voice.

"I never wanted this life...I'm trapped by an oath from the Grand Disciple. I told the others to leave so that I could have a chance to explain myself to you. What you're going to witness at the Dark Spire is very frightening. The process in short is described as an erasing of the will and soul so that it can be filled with the dark essence. That bolt of lightning...was a diversion. I did not mean to harm you. In order to take you alongside me, I had to do what I was meant to do. My "purpose". This is certainly no way to live. Not like this..."

The man sheds a single tear as he looks towards the ground. The essence's effect slowly dampening until it dissipated entirely.

Fyonae's feet halted as her captors did. As his hand glided through her hair her back stiffened. She wanted to pull away, to slap the hand, and then the face yet of course she could not.

His words surprised her though. Was it a ploy to make her feel sorry for him? To slip through her defences? She had to be strong, to not let the darkness in as he had. Her gaze hardened and she would have looked away had she been able.

"Then don't take me there." She said simply in response, hoping his emotion was real. Perhaps he would release her. "And tell me your name. So that I can always remember." She still struggled to speak, still strove to pull the light around her as a shield.

"They refer to me as Elyis. I am truly sorry that I am putting you through this, but we must continue forth. They have orders to find and destroy me if I neglect my duties. At the very least, make them believe that I still have command over you when we arrive. Hopefully that would be enough so that I may stall for time. With our combined strength, we can take down the other members and hopefully find your mentor-"

Just then, the young boy stumbled as he ran to meet the duo.

"Yes! I've certainly crossed paths with you! Are you the one Itrix calls...Fyonae?"

"I will not go to the dark tower freely." Fyonae muttered despite the man's explanation. He had changed so much so quickly, she felt she couldn't be sure it wasn't a ruse. Perhaps he was telling the truth, it seemed so, but she wouldn't go to the Dark Spire willingly, wouldn't be turned or manipulated. She couldn't be. Her body still betrayed her though and she relunctantly followed Elyis, her gaze on her bare feet.

Her visions of Itrix had caused her to believe he was not in this land at all, and she wondered if she'd ever see her master again, though it these people wanted him, it was probably best he stayed away. Suddenly a boy ran toward them. She could hear his voice, but she couldn't turn to look like she wanted, her will not her own. Intead she stood with her back straight, until the boy moved into her line of vision.

How did he know her name? "I am.." she answered softly, her eyes moving to Elyis to gauge what his reaction to the newcomer would be. She didn't want this new boy to share Itrix's location while the man was near, no... that wasn't safe. "Does he seek me?" She asked. "Tell him to stay away." She finished the words quickly.

"You think I would be false, but in genuine honesty...I-"

Suddenly the boy spoke out loud. "Fyonae! Yes! It is true! That sorceror, Itrix, wishes to...if I may be blunt, what's happening here?"

"Alas, we've been found out! But no matter. Who are you?"

The boy looked upon the man's strange garb.

"My name is...Jupiter Rose."

The name jolted through Fyonae as she recognized it from her awakening. This was who she was supposed to find? Her eyes glittered with frustration as she found herself faced with one she needed to speak with, yet couldn't even move her own body.

"Jupiter" she murmered. "I recognize your name, though I don't know why you are important to me." She said this with a flick of her gaze to Elyis. Then she added, "he says he is taking me to the Dark Spire. They think I can aid them somehow."

"The old wizard said that apparently you know something about the mystic arts, and also I do as well?" Jupiter replied. "And what's wrong? You look-"

The dark mage looked upon Fyonae and realized that she was still bound by the mist.

"I am terribly sorry I can't release you from this. Juniper-I mean, Jupiter! Based on what you just said, maybe you can undo this..."

The child looked at his hands and closed his eyes. The spark of light awakened within his hands and slowly enveloped him in an aura of light, but suddenly receded as Jupiter groaned in frustration.

"Curse this! Every time I have the power within my grasp, it always never stays put!"

Fyonae understood Jupiter's problem, she had been struggling with it herself. A soft sigh escaped her lips, and she closed her own eyes, trying once again to stop the mists control.

She found the red taint within her mind, clouding it slightly, the mist keeping her from moving unless directed by Elyis. The light seemed to stay away from the mist, as if hating its very presence. She tried to grasp the light to stab the mist with it, to break it apart, to make it vanish. She began to breath a bit harder, frustration building, was it just her imagination or did the mist give a bit of ground?

"Hmm...maybe if I try it again, but in a different way, we can displace the negative energy from inside."

"I certainly hope so. I'm beginning to feel a deep remorse for all the trouble I caused..." The man said quietly.

"Here. If you would allow me to...I apologize if this is awkward, but make contact with your forehead? The energy will empower your mind so that you can break free of the shackles." Jupiter said.

Fyonae spoke since she couldn't nod. "Okay. Let's try it." She reached inside for her own light magic, trying again to banish the red mist within as Jupiter tried is own magic.

Jupiter focused with the resonating energy that lay within Fyonae. The light energy was now overcoming the darkness from within. The red essence dissipated into nothing. Jupiter still remained, eyes closed, on the girl's forehead.

Feeling the last of the mist leave her, and finding her will her own once again, she jerked suddenly back from the others, in mere reaction. "Sorry.." she muttered, sending a glance to Elyis, whom she wondered if she should now trust, then to Jupiter.

"Thank you." She whispered to the boy. "Is Itrix okay?" She asked then, hoping nothing had harmed her new master. She had only just begun to learn from him.

"You're very welcome, Fyonae. As for the whereabouts of Itrix, he managed to...displace himself through his time portal. He might never return...or so he says. I was only able to cross over because I have something from his son, long ago..."

From his pocket, he retrieves three sharp silver objects in a crude shape resembling a dagger.

"Time Rippers, or so his son calls it...he gifted them to me after Itrix paid him a visit. Of course, he was only allowed to see him once again, but he entrusted these objects to me as per my...unique destiny of sorts..."

Elyis speaks up, completely baffled by the whole order.

"Such a bizarre conundrum. Perhaps, that was not a time portal at all. We know of the son of Itrix went off long ago and never returned. Maybe this..."time" thing could be a reality bender? It would surely make more sense. Things are not seeming to be right."

Fyonae sighed. She didn't understand anything either of the males were saying. She was only an ordinary... or not so ordinary... clan girl after all. One who loved the forest and the freedom. She raised an eyebrow slowly, trying vainly to follow what the two spoke of.

"So.. what do we do next Jupiter?" She asked softly. "Do we rescue Itrix?"

"Of course. Come with me to the place where I was thrust into this land." He pointed in a far off direction. "It's not too far from here."

Elyis looked around, still trying to come to terms on what the boy said.

"This confuses me greatly! Fyonae, what do you make of the situation? Clearly it involves you, but what of me? Do I join you and potentially become an outlaw towards the Silent Eye, or do I still take you to the Spire against your will and things get worse...I'm not sure what to make of this..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus