Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

It's fine. I don't even know where I was going with that. I've been having writer's block as of late.
Fyonae (played anonymously)

Itrix Cotironin wrote:
It's fine. I don't even know where I was going with that. I've been having writer's block as of late.

(( okay ))

The dark figure stood in front of her, saying nothing. Then, he spoke.

"What did you feel? How did it feel? In order to continue further, describe to me the experience from within so that you can progress further and you can return back to the mortal world."

Slowly, the emerald bricks shifted color to a deep azure, the floor adjusting its strange pattern to adapt.

"I..." Fyonae faltered at the strange request. How could she even begin to describe what she had done to phaze through the wall? She reached up to tug absentmindedly on a strand of hair, her mind whirling.

"I don't know exactly how I did it... it just felt ... right. Within my mind I found a sphere of light, once I tapped into it, my mind felt flooded with the light, the strength of it nearly overwhelming." She paused, thinking back, blinking in the gloom as she watched the floor change patterns.

"Then, I guess I just reached with my mind to grab a bit of the light, and I knew I could move through the wall, my body it.. was the light for a moment, I guess. I don't know how else to describe it." Fyonae fell silent, hoping her answer was adequate, her gaze lifting to the stranger before her.

"It felt...right? Interesting description. For all who come here, none has ever described the power in that fashion. Of course, you seem to be alike all the others who describe themselves being flooded with the light...but not one of it. Truly you, Fyonae, have an amazing destiny ahead of you. Your...mind seems to be ready for what I shall show you."

The eldritch being did no motion, except the embers that served in place of his eyes grew brighter.

"Peer into me. Any part of my form, if you wish to know more..." The being said with no tone of emotion in his voice.

Finding the light was easy now, as she closed her eyes and saw it in her mind. But it was unorganized, everywhere. She wondered if it were possible to keep it contained for easier access. As it was she felt unfocused, distracted, and the light eaaily slipped through her mental grasp. Still, frowing as she concentrated, she was able to use a small portion of the light, and as she grabbed hold of it. Her mind felt sharper, more focused, nearly able to do anything. She then considered how to look inside another. How? She felt frustration well within her. Wasn't she supposed to be taught this, rather than forced to merely do it?

Yet somehow it was almost instictive, as if the light whispered to her its secrets, showing her how to reach toward the being beside her, to seek his own mind, feeling bis conciousness there, a different shade of light.

She probed deeper in. Who are you? she pondered, trying to see him, see his mind, and thus find his secrets.

The being spoke from within.

And then he collapsed onto himself, restructuring his form, folding inwards and exploding into a large mass of indescribable shapes. Electricity burst forth from the new form, a pair of eyes visible.

"I am no god. You are no mortal. We are one, yet separate. You have tuned yourself to listen to what I have kept hidden from the world. The world. This world is held together by an ancient bond spanning the very multiverse and other realities in existence. Of these things I cannot tell. Itrix, his son, the forces of darkness, and now...you possess the life forces that keeps the world in balance. And now, of the future. I can tell you that you will not defeat them. The darkness...it cannot be quenched. Only satiated. Nor you or anyone from this time period can destroy the evil that wishes to spawn its evil seed in the world. However...you must find Jupiter. He will herald the new kingdom. Everything else now is up to you..."

Fyonae jerked back from the form as it changed suddenly, sparkling with its electricity, a soft gasp on her lips, her mind still linked with it as ot spoke to her. The darkness could not be defeated? Everything up to her? Fyonae felt the panic set in. She was nobody... how could she be the one?

And who was Jupiter? She tucked the name away for later remembrance, no idea who or what the figure whas speaking about.

"Where is he? What must I do?" She whispered in her mind, her innner voice filled with turmoil. Surely they could not ask it of her, surely they could not put too much on one girl's shoulders. But her heart fluttered with excitement despite the anxiety, and she remembered her promise to Itrix. She would help his as she could.

Reality melted around the girl, colors fading away into a dark grey as the mystical pool came into view. The wizard still standing backwards not facing the girl.

Fyonae, her questions unanswered bybthe strange being opened her eyes to find herself omce more standing within the water, naked still, with the Itrix nearby. She sighed softly, feeling more weary than when she'd begun and walked slowly out of the water, care feet squishing onto the bank. She bent to retrieve her clothing, slipping into them with a bit if difficulty as she as wet.

Finally, she moved to stand before the wizard, her green hazel eyes worried. "I don't know what happened, really... there was a strange being that told me the darkness could not be destroyed. He said I..." she took a breath, "he said it was all up to me, and that I must find Jupiter."

"This Jupiter you speak of...I have seen the future, and indeed, a recurring vision involving someone of that name appears to me. I do not know how we are able to find him...come with me back to my dwelling. I'm sure we can figure the whereabouts of this individual."

The wizard begins to walk towards his home.

Fyonae nodded, settling a bit, her nerves draining away finally as she followed after the wizard, back toward the cottage they had left behind. Her footfalls were soft, and she was silent as they walked, thinking back through all that had happened this evening, and marveling at the new level of awareness she felt with the light's aid.

"Fyonae...I must know. What exactly did you see? Sights and sounds?" He grabs the journal from his pocket and readies his quill. "Your experience was certainly unique. I am trying to see if there is a pattern between our vision that we see while submerged in the lake."

Fyonae sighed, sinking down to sit on tbe floor ince they reached the cottage once more, the wizard immediately taking up quill and ink. Tiredness weighed on her, yet she thought back once again, recounting for the wizard all that had happened, and all she had done. She tried to include what she had witnessed within her own mind as well, the strangeness of it, even adding her continued connection to the light now.

The light...it had invigorated her, made her feel giddy with near invincisibility. It had offered so many possibilities, though she had not knowm how to unlock them all. The light still roamed, unorganized within her, and after she fell silent from her tale to the wizard, she once more considered how to control it within her mind a bit more, seeming to be nearly asleep as her eyes closed and body relaxed.
((Would it be too late for me to jump in? :o))

((I am sure he would not mind :D I don't ))

Hafr Gaerrarsson wrote:
((Would it be too late for me to jump in? :o))
(I...guess not. I suppose you could read over everything and try to slide yourself in as you see fit.)

"These records...they are indeed one of a kind...however, this gets me no further on how we could meet this Jupiter fellow..." The old wizard sighed. "Perhaps we both can rest up for the day. Indeed, you were inside your mind for quite a while, I had to take care and not doze off under the shadow of the tree."

Agreeing wholeheartedly with Itrix Fyonae rose and picked up her small satchel, covering a yawn with her hand and blinking a few times, nearly asleep already. Tucking a strand of hair behind an ear Fy waited for the wizard to show her the room in which she'd be staying.

Once within it, bidding her new master goodnight, Fyonae fell upon the bed, her satchel curled under an arm, and promptly fell asleep, still laying atop the covers. The bed was indeed much more comfortable than the gnarled roots of a tree, and Fy slept fairly deeply.

Of course, the wizard could not sleep. He had an important endeavor to pursue.
Leaning back on his chair, he let out a groan as he stretched his arms and flexed his fingers, cracking his knuckles. Now the fatigue left his body naturally as he recorded the events in his journal once more. Until he came across the last page of the bound journal. With a flick of his wrist, he turned the page to reveal in his neat and cautious handwriting the page title:
"Controlled Chronological Displacement"

Time Travel.

Itrix furrowed his brow and went outside. The darkness enveloping everything, with only the night sky to guide his direction. He followed the twinkling red star from the heavens until he arrived at his secret chamber embedded within a large structure of stone. Within this room, there was a pattern etched within the stone floor. A hole was meticulously cut into the cave ceiling and in a few moments, the moon would appear and activate the special markings in the ground.

He waited until the moon was straight above the hole, and just as he had predicted, the markings were activated, glowing red and scattering colored dust around him. The portal was opening to a strange land, familiar to only him. He channeled the polarity through his body and stepped inside, hoping that he would get back before his apprentice could awaken.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus