Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

"Stand back. Hopefully this works."

With a flash of golden light, the entire cave glimmered with the raw energy of the polarity force. With a shake, there was a rift that tore open a hole in the very fabric of reality. The other side was dim but glowed bright as it gained more energy from the soul of Jupiter.
Fyonae (played anonymously)

Fyonae gasped softly, the glow reflecting on her face as she watched the rift open, her lips parting slightly in amazement. "Unbelievable.." she murmered, feeling the light within her mind respond, pulling her a few steps forward as she felt the use of magic call to her somehow.

"My eyes! No! I can't do this!" Elyis said while running out of the cave.

It might've been just an illusion, but as soon as the light engulfed the cave, patches of his skin were slowly eroding into a fine red dust.

With a startled jerk Fyonae ran to Jupiter with a last look atbthe brightly lit cave, then looked for Elyis to make sure he was around and okay. "Jupiter! Wha.. what happened? Are you okay?" She quickly reached out to gingerly touch the boy, concern emanating from her as she thought she had seen his skin.... changing into red mist.

Elyis tore off his cloak in a fit of rage. His dark skin filled with old scars of cuts and slashes on his back, he dropped to the ground on his knees.

"I'm a fabricated construct of the real Elyis's consciousness, Fyonae!" Gritting his teeth through the pain, he uncovers his face. The red dust falling down from various places. "I'm not real! The real Elyis is chained within the confines of the Dark Spire....they're harnessing my positive polarity to make an energy well of pure refined darkness...they must be stopped....I can do no good! That is why I'm fading."

((Woops looks like I was a bit confused with my last post. Sorry!))

Fyonae's hand flew up to cover her mouth, her eyes pinned to Elyis. "Not real..." she whispered, her mind spinning as it tried to make sense of it, to catch up. "I... what.. " she felt overwhelmed. "I don't understand." She did the only thing she could think of, throwing her arms outward, grasping at the light within her to try.. somehow... to interrupt whatever was happening to Elyis, or whatever this being was. She imagined the light coating him, trying to keep any more of his skin from changing.

(No problem!)

"Don't!" Elyis yelled, shrinking away from her. "Negative will not mix with the light! It's already too late for me! The corrosion gets worse if you try to manipulate it! I didn't tell you this earlier because I legitimately wanted to assist your cause...but even through this, I can strive for redemption." The mist trail grew denser.

Fyonae ceased trying with the light, instead just standing helpless as she watched Elyis disintegrate. Sadness moved over her face. "But you will be alive somewhere? Where your real body is?" She still struggled to understand. She held no affection for Elyis yet as he had tried once to capture her, yet he had since begun to change, and she wished him no ill.

"My real body is within the Dark Spire. I'm currently suffering both here and there. Don't feel sorry for me. This version of Elyis was never truly real..." His body succumbed to the disintegration, leaving behind nothing.

Fyonae sighed the man disappearing from view entirely. Finally she turned and looked at Jupiter. "What now?" She asked quietly.

"We don't have a choice. We must find him at the location of the spire. But this..." Jupiter says while gesturing at the rift. "...it takes priority for the time being."

Fyonae nodded and turned back around, refocusing on the rift. She had to push Elyis to the back of her mind so that she could remain able to think about the present problem. "Do you need my help?" She asked Jupiter. "I don't know much.. but if you tell me how, maybe ai can aid you.."

Jupiter holds his hand in front of the girl.

"Join me." He says in a calm voice.

Hesitantly, Fyonae placed her hand in Jupiter's, wondering what would come next. For better or worse, she was part of the adventure.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus