Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Itrix Cotironin (played by psionicburst) Topic Starter

"You may have unstable emotions, but..."

He conjured in his palm a minuscule sphere of raging water.

"...even the most wildest of seas can be tamed with the proper balance." He remarked as he hovered his hand over, making the small sea return to stillness.

He thought deeply at Fyonae's words.

"Even when attacked, you must remain composed so that your internal flow will not be disrupted and shatter under the tides of instinct. I tried...teaching my son this...but he...didn't listen. He was one that thought with his fists instead of his mind. Such ways caused him to...lash out at me and leave to never return. This was fifty years ago. Do not worry about keeping control for now. In due time, you will learn, if you so desire to help me."

He meandered towards his desk. Sitting down, Itrix opened up a small book with gold lettering on the cover.

"ESSENCE OF THE POLARITIES"

"If you wish to learn, this book will tell you everything about what I have been saying to you. It's a work in progress at the moment, but as I learn, I write more and more to understand the secrets of this power so that I never fall short of the magic that lies from within. If you wish to understand, I implore you to read it."
Fyonae (played anonymously)

Fyonae followed the wizard, looking down at the book as she listened to him speak. She could tell he spoke truth, and a gleam of excitement flickered through her as she finally gave in to the new adventure he proposed. "I will help you." She said simply. "I will stay for as long as you need me as your apprentice, to learn your secrets." She hoped she would be as capable as he thought. Nervousness twisted through her a bit, as she reached out and ran a hand over the old cover of the book wondering what secrets it held. Magic. Soon she would learn.

"What must I do to begin?" She asked softly. "It seems that the man who attacked us will return... perhaps with others."

"Splendid! You will be amazed by what secrets I have kept hidden from the world. Your first task is to follow me to the place of awakening...it is a lake not far from here that I have kept sealed with my magic. Nobody but me will be able to see us enter."

He sighed as he closed his eyes.

"As for that scoundrel, it is best we do nothing for now. We will wait and see the events that transpire...but...hold on for just a moment. I need to confirm my suspicions..."

He opened his eyes and took an ancient wooden staff from the side of his bookcase. He stood quietly in the center of the room and held his staff in front of him.

Suddenly, the room was filled with light as the staff hovered on its own off the ground. Itrix concentrated as images formed around him. Rapidly changing and blurry, these were visions of the many possibilities of the future. Only a few of these images could be seen clearly, but even those fazed in and out of his vision.

"Yes, yes. Indeed. Just as I suspected."

The light dissipated and the staff slowly floated down, landing on the hard ground perfectly straight as the old wizard grasped it again to place it on next to his bookshelf.

"There is nothing to fear, except making a wrong decision, but even then, the past is set and the future has yet to be."

Fyonae nodded, though she knew not where this lake was her new master spoke of, nor did she understand the images she saw flickers of as the man worked his magic.

Taking a deep breath she stooped to once again shoulder her pack, sending a glance around the room almost reluctantly. It seemed she may not spend the night her after all. Perhaps a cozy bed awaited where they were going? She would find out.

"How far is it? Will we leave now?" She asked, her curiosity causing the questions to come forth. She wanted to ask what the wizard had seen but she hesitated, not wanting to pry too much. She decided that he would tell her if she needed to know.

Then she added to the wizard's last statement, "I have made many a wrong decision I am sure. Hopefully as I learn from you, the wisdom gained will help me make fewer."

"Seeing as you got your belongings ready, I suppose we can leave now."

Itrix stood in front of the cottage door, unleashing his magic on his entire house. With a flash of light, the cottage dissolved from view.

"This way, they will not see it for as the lake, I have sealed it. I was waiting for the right time to do such actions, because I can only seal if I wait for a long time."

They began their adventure as he turned to walk in the direction of the lake.

Fyonae, tired from walking all day already, merely blinked in mild surprise as the house disappeared from view, apparently she was in for many more surprises. She looked forward to learning from the wizard.

Pacing beside the man, only a step behind, bare feet making no noise upon the forest floor, Fy listened to her surroundings, habit keeping her aware and alert despite her growing grogginess. The evening was a fairly cool fall one, and a bit of a breeze played with her reddish brown locks as they moved along, helping her stay awake.

"What will we find at the lake? What is this... awakening?" She asked, wondering of she should be more nervous about it.

"The awakening is a process that I call when I channel the mystic energies of the world into a new soul who is unfamiliar with polarity. I can see that look in your eye. There is nothing to be afraid of. It rejuvenates the mind and body, but one can only go in there once and never again. You can stay as long as you need, but once you come out, you cannot go back inside the water."

Eventually, they came across a large tree in the middle of a lush field of green grass. The sky was cloudy and there was a slight breeze blowing that made a few leaves tumble down to the grass slowly. In the distance was a picturesque mountain with snow at its peak.

"Here! This is the place that we seek. Behold!"

The wizard raised his hands as the ground shook. The seal was broken and revealed a large body of clear sparkling water gathered around the tree.

Fyonae stopped as they crested the next rising hill, where below them the tree lay. She did feel a twinge of restless nerves at the wizards words. What would it feel like? He seemed to think it wouldn't hurt her, so for now she gave a nod, eyes wide as suddenly water appeared around the tree.

With a slow smile, she lifted her gaze to the snow capped mountains in the distance, then moved them to the much closer mountains, where her clan resided. They would never believe what was about to happen. Would they accept her after this? They had already been wary of her...

With a glance then to the wizard she took a deep breath. "Do I go to the lake?" She asked softly, eyes uncertain.

The old man nodded.

"Yes, but first...before you enter, you must shed your clothing. Don't worry about it, I'll look the other direction. The reason for this is that whatever is inside the water becomes imbued with the power of the polarity. You don't want your clothes to become imbued, because what if you were to lose your garments? You would be helpless. Again, do not worry. You might feel a sensation of...well, I'm not sure. It is different for every person. The only ones I have done this to is myself and my son."

Fyonae started a bit at the wizards words, blinking in surprise at the reauirement. She blushed at the thought, her cheeks turning a light and becoming shade of pink as her glance darted downward over her body selfcontiously.

But, she had told the wizard she would be his apprentice, and that first meant awakening. She wouldn't go back on her word, so she swallowed her awkwardness and nodded to the man. "Okay. And then I just... step in?"

Once the wizard turned his back, she took a deep breath and moved closer to the lake, cheeks pink still as she began to pull off each article of clothing, placing them where they would not get wet. The wolven shadow beside her flattened its ears a bit, as she finally stepped, naked now, into the cool lake, her bare feet touching first.

Her reddish brown hair fell around her shoulders, brushing her skin and reminding her of her state of undress. Even though the wizard was not looking, she crossed her arms over her chest, keeping it as hidden as possible. Her mind then turned to what would happen, what would she feel?

"I am ready." She called softly to let the wizard know she was within the water. Would he cast a spell to stir the awakening?

"Precisely. Now in a couple seconds, close your eyes and concentrate on where you wish to store your main point of energy. Your mind, your heart, or your body. Each symbolizes something and to which you choose, so shall your destiny will lie. Think as long as you want. There is no rush. In addition, you must remain perfectly still and meditate as the waters move around you."

Itrix moved around the lake, stirring the water with his hand, averting his eyes away from the girl. His hand surging with the mystical energy as it flowed into the lake.

"It is ready."

Her mind, her heart, or her body? Fyonae closed her eyes softly when bidden, concentrating instead on the feel of the water as it moved around her. Soon she became aware of a tingling sensation, as if each sense were becoming more attuned, heightened. A soft gasp escaped her lips and she nearly opened her eyes but forced them to stay closed.

Her mind, her body, or her heart? Where should she store the energy? She found herself at a loss, having no idea which choice to make. As she lingered the sensations continued as the water circled around her, her heartbeat grew quicker, her breathing more rapid.

Her mind. She finally decided, thinking it the best place to have access to, the safest place to store the energy. Her heart could be taken with love, her body could be held captive, yet no one other than herself would control her mind. Yes, that was her choice.

Unsure if she was supposed to speak again, having been told to remain still, she didn't move, instead waiting further instruction. Once she had decided, she had felt a much sharper sensation, causing another small gasp, as if something had overtaken her, invading her with a foreign energy, filling her mind with a light so intense she nearly opened her eyes, but stopped herself before she did. What was happening?

She tried not to move, to keep still even as she felt like stumbling back. Even amidst the odd sensations and the confusion, a sense of peace of calm also slipped over her, helping her to remain still.

In the midst of the light, reality itself folded inwards. The skies shifted in color, the landscape cascading as if it were liquid. This was the power of being in the midst of the polarity energy hidden within the core of the earth.

Around her, the light shifted into a warm darkness. Various sounds of thunder and the clash of lightning revolved around the girl as her body became more attuned to the enveloping energy.

She could hear various voices around her, muffled and discordant. These sounds merged to form a single voice.

"Fyonae. We welcome you to our hidden world. You will be cast inside of the labyrinths of time. You will take care not to get lost or else your memories will fade and nothing will be left. Do not worry. At this time, you can speak. Will you take up this challenge we pose?"

Unable to see through her closed eyes Fyonae's brow furrowed in confusion as she heard the voices which seemed unlike the wizards. Who else was there? Or was it coming from inside her head?

She felt disembodied, as if she no longer knew where she stood, or what surrounded her, sounds of thunder booming around her further added to this feeling.

"What is happening?" She whispered when given permission to speak. Wjat did the voices mean, there would be nothing left? Did she now have a choice? Or had she gone too far to turn back... she didn't know. But she did know that she must go on to satisfy the curiosity, and hunger for knowledge which now burned within her, as well as to keep her word to the wizard.

"I am ready." She finally whispered, wondering if she'd lose herself entirely, completely unsure what to expect. Fear sifted through her a bit, and she allowed the feeling, recognizing it, but refusing to let it overwhelm her.

Then everything went silent. Complete darkness dissipating into blurry green surroundings. The girl was inside the labyrinth. Floors tiled of blue crystals, great walls of emerald and diamond bricks reaching the heavens as far as the eye could see. A distant droning noise echoed in the background, alongside eldritch alien noises from up above.

The disembodied voice appeared to her again, but in a physical form.

A tall humanoid figure that had eyes of fire, skin completely devoid of any color except black as the night sky stood in front of her, staring directly into her eyes.

"You wish to delve into the secrets of the universe, Fyonae? Follow me, and the answers will reveal themselves."

As the unsettling humanoid walked, he made no sound.

Distracted by the strangeness of her surroundings, and the even stranger form before her, black as night, Fyonae had all but forgotten her state of undress.

Wordlessly, she nodded, swallowing back her nerves. No going back now, she reminded herself, and took the first steps with feet bare to follow the figure who moved ahead of her. As she walked, wondering of she could even handle the secrets of the universe, she also marveled at her surroundings, the gemlike walks, glittering as diamonds, and the crystal blue floor she walked upon.

What else lay beyond? Fyonae took great care to stay near the humanoid figure who lead her forward, mindful not to get lost.

Eventually, the two came to a stop. The eldritch figure phased into the solid wall in front of them.

"Beyond this emerald wall is the first trial you will face. Phase through this and I will grant you access to the next trial."

"Phase... through?" Fyonae's voice came as a whisper. Yet she had just seen the one she followed do so. It must be possible, right? Confusion and nerves flickered through her and she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she tried to think.

She felt different, but how? She tried to sift through her buzzing senses, somehow finding a small sphere of light within her mind. Eyes still closed she pondered the source... tried to figure out how to tap into it. In her mind's eye she tapped on the sphere and suddenly gasped, falling backward onto her rump, landing hard her eyes still closed as her mind was once again flooded with light. But this time, she could see through it, as if small particles drifted within her mind, and somehow she knew she could use it. How?

Fyonae felt lost in the newness of the power, overwhelmed almost to the point where she felt herseld blacking out, yet the voices came back to her, and she remembered that her memory would be lost. Opening her eyes she struggled back to her feet and once again approached the wall. When she reached it, she closed her eyes, mentally grabbed a handful of the light, and stepped through the wall, her body flickering, seemingly light itself for a moment.

Then she was through and she opened her eyes, letting go the light dust in her mind, breathing a bit hard with adrenaline, feeling a bit of her energy draining from her. Then she gazed at the dark figure which stood waiting, saying nothing.

"Come. You're ready for the next trial."

The walls shifted around them into a crystalline temple, loud noises of scraping and rebuilding reverberated throughout the atmosphere.

"Come inside. The universe will tell you how to begin on the outside."

Itrix Cotironin wrote:
"Come. You're ready for the next trial."

The walls shifted around them into a crystalline temple, loud noises of scraping and rebuilding reverberated throughout the atmosphere.

"Come inside. The universe will tell you how to begin on the outside."

((Sorry I have no idea where to go with this.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » From Legend to Myth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus