Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Kingdom Hearts: Scattered Fragments (Private RP)

The Heartless had collapsed to his hands and knees after Raixon's barrage and had been hurting all over. His sword had fallen onto the ground next to him with a metallic clang, disappearing. He was struggling to get back to his feet, but he had managed to get up on one knee. The Seeker of Darkness was a little pissed about getting his ass handed to him by a guy in a blindfold. He was about to continue his attempt to stand before he heard the sound of metal deflecting off of something. He turned his head with some difficulty to see a hooded figure in a body suit deflecting the Nobody's strike. The Heartless then heard the hooded figure ask him to go through a dark portal that he summoned. He didn't need to be told twice. The Heartless staggered to his feet and went into the portal as fast as his newly-acquired limp would allow.

--

Not too long after this, he stumbled out of the other end of the dark corridor and onto what appeared to be sand. He stood there, hands on his knees, breathing heavily. He ached all over from Raixon's barrage and trudging through that dark corridor. However, after a few seconds, he realized that he was feeling more revitalized as he stood there. He felt the exceedingly comforting weight of Darkness draped over him like a blanket. Indeed, its pleasantness was almost intoxicating. He felt his wounds healing all over his body.

Once he was comfortable enough, he stood erect and looked around. He found himself on a moonlit beach dotted with strangely organic rock formations. The water was serene, and a full moon hung low over the horizon. "Nice," he said softly to himself.
Noah Ryan (played by Syaoran555)

Hanox lapsed into thought, bringing his right hand to his chin. What Moguri said did not sound good at all. Indeed, the more he thought about it, the more the Nobody believed that this Heartless could cause a lot of destruction. And with a man like Claude Frollo commanding it...there could be devastation. He also heard Quasi's despair at Esmerelda's possible fate. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that they had to do something, and quickly.

The Nobody looked back up at Phoebus. "Do you know where the Court of Miracles is?" he asked. "Because we need to get there immediately and see if we can evacuate people to minimize casualties. I know there are only 4 of us, but still."
Arion (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

A sliver of a second before the Dark Barrier was erected, Raixon had lunged forward, Twilight Continuum gleaming brightly with a corona of light, to strike at the Heartless--only for the attack to slam harmlessly upon the sudden barrier as another presence of darkness made itself known to him in almost an instant. The force of the strike made the barrier shudder, but it held, and anticipating a possible counterattack, the Nobody immediately jumped back several paces, baring his Keyblade. He idly noted the disturbance of the continuum caused by the sudden Corridor that had opened up, and he shifted his stance.

Although the severity of the dark signatures differed, he could tell that the new figure was also a Heartless in itself. And with such a calculated and intelligent move, he could only correctly assume that it was another Seeker of Darkness, a Heartless of a Somebody who had willingly given up their heart. As was the other he had fought, now escaping.

"Reinforcements." The observation was spoken simply. Heartless often flocked to one another, and amassed in only greater numbers with a Seeker at their helm, guiding them. A second Seeker on the loose only meant ill for the future. "Retreat and remain in the dark from whence you came," he bade Ryuga. "The World is not your frolicking ground." Keyblade still glowing, he whirled the blade above his head, creating three large disc-rings of light, one after another, that arced wide above and attempted to strike Ryuga, one at a time.
Ritsuka (played by Monkeycyborgninja) Topic Starter

"I'm afraid I don't, I didn't even know that Frollo knew." Phoebus admitted with a shake of his head. "In fact, I was hoping you lot would know, you were the ones that helped Esmerelda escape after all."

"Sorry, we don't, we split up halfway through town, so we have no idea where she went after that." Ritsuka lamented, cursing himself for not having guided her the whole way.

"...I may know." Everyone turned their attention to Quasimodo, stepping forward with the pendant he had received from Esmeralda in hand. "Before she left, she gave me this pendant. She said that if I ever needed sanctuary, that this is all I'd need to find her." He explained.

"How's a pendant going to tell you where the Court of Miracles is, kupo?" Moguri questioned, floating over and examining the small, woven piece of jewelry.

"Perhaps through some sort of mysticism the gypsies are known for." Phoebus offered, scratching his chin in thought. Quasimodo did the same, look at the pendant from each angle, trying to figure out where he had seen it before.

"When you where this woven band, you hold the city in your hand... it's the city!" Quasimodo exclaimed. "It's a map of the city, look, here's the cathedral, and the river, so this mark here... must be the Court of Miracles!"

"A map, kupo?" Moguri said quizzically.

"Doesn't look like any kind of map I've ever seen?" Phoebus denounced. Ritsuka on the other hand quickly ran over to the window that overlooked the city, looking at the view and then back at the pendant in Quasimodo's hands.

"Hey guys, I think he's right!' Ritsuka said, hopping down back to the others. "The view from outside looks exactly like the shape of the pendant, right down to the weaves that make up the main roads!"

"Exactly! If we fallow these roads, then we'll find the Court of Miracles!" Quasimodo said, Ritsuka nodding in agreement.
Ryusei (played by Monkeycyborgninja) Topic Starter

Ryuga couldn't help but scoff a bit at Raixon's words before he was forced to evade the rings of light. He dodged the first and second perfectly, but wouldn't be able to evade the last, so instead charged his hand with darkness and fired a Dark Firaga at the last ring, the two attacks clashing and exploding in a burst of light and darkness.

"Heh, just barely managed to match the power, huh? You really are quite something, but I think we both know that you have just about as much right to be in "the World" as I do, Nobody." Ryuga said tauntingly as he shook his wrist, snuffing out the dark flames that remained in his hand. "Well, as much as I'd love to hear your poetic rebuttal, I think we both have places we need to be. Catcha later." He said as he summoned a Dark Corridor right behind him and stepped through. On the other side of the Corridor, on the shores of the Dark Margin, he saw the newly born Heartless he had just rescued admiring the view of the distant moon on the horizon.

'Geez, what a pain.' Ryuga complained to himself, hitting the first real hitch in his plans. Technically speaking he was still on the right track with the Knight of Darkness becoming a Heartless, but becoming a Seeker of Darkness made things just a tad bit more complicated than he would have liked. He had planned on turning Zinkaze into a Heartless by force, make himself a big, dumb Heartless that would obey him without question, but now as a Seeker, he was a wild card that he would need to account for. With a bit of an annoyed sigh, Ryuga approached the Heartless.

"Hey there, that was a pretty close call, wouldn't you agree?" He said, putting on as friendly of an air as he could.

A low sound escaped Raixon as he twirled Twilight Continuum once more, and as Ryuga formed the Corridor, the Nobody cast a large Firaga towards it. However, the Corridor sealed itself a moment before the fireball struck, only striking the building behind it.

Raixon straightened, lowering the blade as the enemy was no longer there. A second Seeker of Darkness, this one not a Knight, not one of them...it would seem that the influence of the darkness still reached farther than their appointed bounds. Which would be where the Organization would focus its efforts once the others were informed. Where there was one heartless, there were usually others. And where there was one Seeker, there would be a horde. And now there were two of them.

Regardless, priorities had to come first. The Nobody who had just been borne would be of great use to them...

Raixon took a moment to cast Cure upon himself, healing the small cuts and marks of darkness he had sustained during the fray, before dispelling his Keyblade and holding out his hand to form yet another Corridor. One that he himself would walk through.

The orange light of the perpetual dusk greeted him, and he found himself surrounded by the trees of a forest. With purpose, he would seek the figure now standing upon the small space just before the mansion buried within.

Hanox went over to join Quasi, moving past Ritsuka to join the Hunchback at the window. He looked down at the pendant, studying the weaves in the band before looking outside. Wow, the Nobody thought. I can see the correspondences. He looked back and forth between the object in Quasi's hand and the scene outside, wondering if he could perhaps place the elusive Court of Miracles. With a map this surprisingly accurate, maybe we could get there with an amount of relative ease

The Nobody's gaze focused on Quasimodo. "So, Quasi," he began, "do you have an idea of what location that symbol would correspond to in the city?" Other than his, Ritsuka's, and Esmeralda's brief journey through the streets of the city, he knew nothing about the place. Despite his years of being trapped, he hoped that Quasi would know offhand.
The Nobody awoke to the sight of a vast, perpetually twilit sky and the soft sounds of birds chirping. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking around the forest clearing in which he had appeared. He didn't know where he was, or why he was here, but something told him that he needed to be. Just as he was about to get to his feet, his head throbbed slightly. It was a small, dull ache, nothing more, but it was still uncomfortable. Ow... he thought. Many images flashed through his mind in quick succession. They were swift, fleeting, and strangely distant. The Nobody wondered what they were for a few moments, before settling on the idea that they were memories. His memories. He wasn't sure how, but he somehow knew such a thing instinctively.

One of the last things that flashed into his mind was a black-cloaked, brown-haired figure saying to him, "Wait for me; I will follow soon." The newborn Nobody vaguely felt like he knew the figure, but the name of the man escaped him. He sighed, before finally getting to his feet. He stretched his arms over his head, feeling his back crack in a couple of places. He looked around a bit and his eyes alighted on the massive structure of brown stone that was the old mansion. He moved towards it and stopped directly in front of the gate, gazing through the bars. His expression was perfectly neutral. There was no wonder, no intrigue, no apprehension, no nothing on his face. Just simple and unemotional observation. The Nobody felt nothing either. He vaguely wondered why, but it wasn't bothering him too much. The eyes that looked upon the mansion were now a different color; instead of the bright, vibrant green of his Somebody's, they were now a dull, solid gray. They were as neutral and emotionless as his expression.

When Raixon finally walked into the clearing, he would see a tall, black-haired figure. He wore a black jacket like the one his Somebody wore, but with the notable difference of having a small, strange x-shaped symbol below the collar on the back of it, just above the space between his shoulder blades, dark jeans, and black sneakers.
The Heartless had been admiring the view of the moon and its reflection off the water. He had been breathing deeply, the smell of the salt air entering his nostrils and calming him. Not as much as the Darkness around him, but it did so nonetheless. A sudden, bright flash of memory entered his mind. It was only momentary, but in the flash he saw that he was on a sandy beach on a bright sunny day. A woman around his age was there with him. He put his hand to his face and shook his head to clear it. What the hell was that? he thought.

Anyway, he turned at the sound of the other Seeker's voice. The Heartless who had saved him still had his hood up, but sounded friendly. However, something told him something was off about the guy. He'd have to watch himself. The Heartless nodded at Ryuga's question. "Yeah, most definitely," he said. "Thanks for pulling my ass out of the fire." He then crossed his arms and shifted his weight to his right side. "That having been said, though," he continued, "Answer me a couple things: Who the hell was he, who the hell are you, and where the hell am I?" a note of hostility easily slipped into his voice, even though he hadn't meant it to. The heightened negative emotions were already making themselves apparent. He immediately tried to be contrite. "Sorry...the hostility kinda came out of nowhere."

"Well, if I had to say..." Quasimodo said as he examined the pendent one last time, cross-referencing it to his mental map of the city. "It's probably the cemetery."

"Then that's where we need to go." Phoebus stated with gumption. "Well Quasimodo, lead the way."

"Wha-, m-me?!" Quasimodo was shocked at the order.

"Of course! Your friends here are foreigners, and I am admittedly not to well versed in the city's layout after a decade away, you are our only hope of finding the Court of Miracles!" Phoebus insisted, though the determination seem to just frighten Quasimodo even more.

"But... but my master..." Quasimodo stammered, looking away anxiously.

"Is trying to hurt a whole bunch of innocent people, including Esmeralda!" Ritsuka interrupted the hunchback's argument, gaining his full attention. "Forget all of those lies Frollo has told you, what does your heart telling you to do!" He pleaded with him.

"My... heart?" Quasimodo grasped as his chest where there organ should be, his mind clouded with countless thoughts. Most were of his master, of all of the things that Judge Frollo had told him over the years, that he was deformed and ugly, that he was his only friend, the only person that would ever accept him. But that was wrong, in the span of just a day many others had come to accept him, and once he cleared his mind of all of the lies and deceptions, the answer became clear.

"...Alright... I'll take you there!" Quasimodo replied, gaining a supportive smile from Ritsuka.

"Well then let's go, there's no time to lose, kupo!" Moguri cried, to which Quasimodo rushed out of the bell tower, the rest of his new found companions following suit.
Ryusei (played by Monkeycyborgninja) Topic Starter

"Hey, no worries, I get it." Ryuga casually shrugged off the Knight's apology. "Anger, hate, resentment, fear, that's all your heart has left to give, no point in keeping all bottled up." He insisted before stepping just a few steps closer, standing beside him as if to admire the waves as well. "As for the guy who jumped you, his name is Raixon. I'll spare you the boring details, but the gist is he's the leader of a group of people who think of our kind... as vermin, a plague to be extinguished. So yeah, you run into anyone with that stylish black coat, and you'll be in for the fight of your life." Ryuga was stretching the truth just a bit. Of the Organization members, only Raixon himself and perhaps one or two others were a real threat to either of them, especially considering his new companion's status as a Knight of Darkness. However, the last thing he needed was for the Knight to fall into their hands, so he needed to make sure he steered clear of them.

"Next question: Where we are exactly?" He continued. "This here is the Realm of Darkness, it is the closest thing us Heartless have to a safe haven. The Organization is hesitant to come here, and other light toting pests rarely have a way in, let alone back out. Not to mention, we're at our strongest here, so it hardly makes sense for them to fight us on our home turf."

"And finally, me." He turned his head just slightly, his eyes still hidden but clearly looking at the newly born Seeker of Darkness. "I'm the same as you; a Heartless, a Seeker of Darkness, a person who allowed his heart to be stollen away by its own dark forces. But, you can just call me Ryuga." He introduced himself. "So, what do I call you?"

The newly-christened nobody would be able to hear the soft sound that Raixon's black shoes made on the crisp grass beneath their feet. Those who still held enough strength of will even after losing their heart were birthed here, in the void that should not exist, in the inexplicable line of twilight between eternal light and eternal darkness. It was in this world, in Twilight Town as it was so aptly named, where the rift of existence was more uncertain, and where the shell of the lost heart would be able to manifest.

It was all of their beginnings. And now it would be this one's as well.

"I commend you." The statement was firm as he stopped a few paces away from where the new Nobody stood, who had turned to face him upon the sound of his voice. "The dark can no longer have a hold upon you unless you will it. This new path you have taken... is truly the old one, the ancient one, the one that we have forgotten but have now found once again."

Raixon placed out a hand towards the new Nobody, and a glimmering, mirrorlike 'x' seemed to appear, floating and twirling mere inches above his hand. "The original Keyblade, the x-blade, is our origin. In wielding its cousins, and its descendants, we have been chosen to continue to carry out the with its purpose: to protect the great force of Kingdom Hearts. And in doing so, balance must remain between light and darkness."

Kaze's name suddenly appeared, each letter one after the other, in front of the x, in similar, mirrorlike forms. With a vague and offhand gesture, the letters, including the 'x', began to shuffle.

"Speak your name, and you accept this purpose."
The new Nobody regarded Raixon with neutrality firmly on his face and in his eyes. As the brunet spoke, the Nobody began remembering a well-lit street under a starry night sky; a horde of Heartless; a decision made to give up a heart; a torrent of Darkness pouring out of his chest. He also remembered the name of the man in front of him: Raixon. When the latter conjured the strange, mirror-like "X", the nascent Nobody's gray eyes were drawn to it, seemingly studying it intensely. When Raixon finished detailing what they had been chosen to do, the new Nobody looked the former in his blindfolded eyes and nodded resolutely.

His eyes were then drawn to the letters that had appeared in sequence next to the "X". K-A-Z-E. Kaze...his name...and yet...it also wasn't his name, or at least, it didn't feel that way to him anymore. That was his given name, but it didn't feel right to him anymore. It sounded strangely alien to him, as something about him had so fundamentally changed that it didn't work anymore. He watched as the five letters shuffled around. As he watched, even as they continued to move, they seemed to slow down and stop. X-A-Z-E-K. He looked back at Raixon. "Xazek," he said. The letters quickly rearranged themselves and stopped in the configuration he desired. The letters seemed to glow a bit as they settled into their final configuration.

Raixon nodded, the barest corners of his lips upturned. The letters floated over his hands for a few more moments before they dissolved into small shards, scattering into nothingness. Xazek... Keyblade wielders were difficult to come across, especially a Knight. He would be a formidable addition to the Organization. "You have chosen a noble path," he affirmed the newly-christened Nobody. "There are others, Xazek, like you, like I, who have chosen this path of dusk, of twilight, where the only true direction is given by neither the light or the dark, but the only true constant in the World, that of Kingdom Hearts. And we, the Organization, will tread this path together, deterred by no one."

There was a torrent of darkness just beneath his gloved hand, and as Raixon reached into it, it seemed to coalesce into something smoother, more corporeal, and it seemed to formulate itself into a long, black cloak, almost identical to the one he wore aside from the size. "As a Nobody, a shell without a heart, you are susceptible to the dark around you. Wear this, and it will protect you." He handed it to Xazek before turning away, holding his arm out.

A few feet away from them, a Corridor of Darkness appeared, opening only to a deeper darkness. "And yet, the darkness bends to us. A delicate balance. You will learn for yourself as time progresses. The dark can open corridors that allow us to travel between the worlds." Raixon began to walk towards it, before pausing. "Come with me. There is much for you to learn, and the others will welcome you." And, in faith, he stepped into the corridor, the darkness swallowing him and remaining in existence before the new Nobody. Xazek would have to take the first step on his own, of his own will.

A few minutes later, Hanox and everyone else in their little motley crew were making their way through the soft, early-morning Parisian light. They had made it out of Notre Dame with surprising swiftness for a building so large. As they were moving through the streets, he, Phoebus, and Ritsuka were keeping an eye out for any Heartless or any other possible threat. Hanox thought that if Heartless had attacked him and Ritsuka the previous evening while they were escorting Esmerelda, there would be a very high chance that they would attack their group, especially when one considered who was controlling the Heartless and the group's destination.

Sure enough, as they were moving along a shadowy street, two groups of heartless appeared; one in front, the other behind them. There were 8 heartless in each group, an even split between Shadows and Soldiers in both. While Hanox felt no frustration or annoyance, he still reflexively let out an annoyed/frustrated growl at their appearance. The Nobody looked at Ritsuka, indicating the group of Heartless in front of them. "You and Moguri take that group," he said, his voice oddly flat. "The Captain and I will take the other." Hanox summoned his pistols and beckoned Phoebus to the group of Heartless to the rear with a jerk of his head.

As Phoebus charged the group of Heartless, Hanox got a running start and dove into a shadow in front of him. A couple of seconds elapsed before he came careening out of a shadowy section of the side of a building that had been to his right. He reduced his acceleration due to gravity, which slightly lowered his rate of descent. The Nobody raised his pistols into firing position and pulled the triggers several times, firing at the two Heartless closest two him, a Soldier and a Shadow. The Shadow was hit in the head six times, and the Soldier was hit in the chest six times. The two exploded into shadowy clouds of Darkness after the last bullet hit each of them. Hanox returned his gravity to normal and landed on his feet.

As he landed, he put his pistols together and concentrated on bringing out his shotgun. A second later, his pistols glowed and his shotgun appeared in his hands. Barely even pausing to think, he blasted the next Shadow and Soldier in quick succession, causing them to dissipate into the same black mist as the first two. After dispatching those two, Hanox looked over at Phoebus who had just run through the last Soldier with his sword, causing it to explode into Darkness like all the others. The two looked at each other and nodded before Hanox looked over to see how Ritsuka and Moguri were doing.

"You got it!" Ritsuka replied to Hanox's instruction, summoning his Keyblade as he turned to face the Heartless.

"Let's clear them out, kupo!" Moguri added as he summoned his casting sword.

He casted a quick Thunder spell on the surrounding Shadows, paralyzing them and allowing Ritsuka the chance to charge forward and slash through two of them. Before he could attack the third however, he was forced to evade the claw of one of the soldier, only to just barely be able to guard against the kick of another. The recoil from the guard sent the Soldier stumbling back, allowing Ritsuka to land a Quick Blitz and finishing it off with a Sliding Dash that carried him into another Soldier. As Ritsuka engaged the Soldier, one of the Shadows attempted to sneak up behind him, only for Moguri to incinerate it with a blast of Fira, before aiding Ritsuka with the Soldier by freezing it with Blizzard, allowing him to finish off easily.

The last two Soldiers attempted to attack the duo from both sides with their spinning kicks, but Moguri quickly cast Reflect to protect them, sending the Soldiers flying back in the process. Ritsuka finished one off with a Strike Raid before quickly summoning the Keyblade back to him to block a strike from the last remaining Shadow, which Moguri swiftly struck down. The last Soldier attempted to strike at Moguri from behind, but Ritsuka quickly countered with Thunder, ending its existence in a flash of light.

"Let's get moving, we're almost there!" Quasimodo insisted once the Heartless were all defeated. Ritsuka and Moguri complied, quickly following after him. Eventually, they made it to the cemetery, an ominous veil of storm clouds above them spelling a sense of dread that was absent from the rest of the city. "It's this one." Quasimodo said as he stopped before a particularly large and ornate grave.

"Are you sure?" Phoebus asked.

"Positive, it has the same symbol as the pendent." Quasimodo explained. With a loud grunt, the hunchback pushed open the stone coffin to reveal a set of hidden stairs. "Ritsuka?"

"Right, I'll take the lead." Ritsuka replied. "The rest of you cover our backs, we have no idea if Frollo is here yet or not." Ritsuka instructed before leading the group down the stairs.
Xazek pondered Raixon's words, his mind working quickly. However, his eyes never betrayed his inner thoughts, the solid grays remaining perfectly neutral. The other Nobody had made a compelling argument. Additionally, being newly reborn, Xazek currently lacked a purpose. Joining this Organization would give him one. Also, it seemed that he wasn't alone in this. After Raixon said they were deterred by no one, Xazek gave a slight, almost imperceptible nod of affirmation.

It was then that Raixon produced the cloak and handed it to him. The newly-christened Nobody gauged its soft weight in his left hand. He ran his right along the top of the fabric, feeling its smooth, supple texture. Xazek then looked up when he heard the whooshing sound of Raixon opening the Corridor of Darkness. Once the blindfolded Nobody finished describing the concept of the Corridor, Xazek turned his head slightly in Raixon's direction and gave another slight nod.

He then watched as Raixon bade him to accompany him and stepped into the Corridor, the Darkness seemingly swallowing him whole. Xazek examined the cloak once again before looking back at the Corridor. He realized that despite his apparent affirmation, Raixon had let the choice to follow be his. He again nodded to himself. "Very well then," he said, his voice oddly flat and emotionless. With a slightly surprising amount of deftness, The Nobody donned the cloak and stepped into the Corridor. A second or two after he had entered, the passage opening closed, leaving no trace that it had ever been there.
Xazek would find himself completely surrounded in blackness for a few seconds before the dark immediately receded, signaling the crossing of the threshold back into the light. Once his vision focused, he would find himself in a vast space with many wide steps, leading up to a hall with a vaulted ceiling. The palette of everything was a pale grey, and Raixon stood there, waiting for him.

The barest upturning at the corners of his lips was the small sign of affirmation he offered. Xazek would also hear faint, tapping footsteps heading towards them. If he would look, he would see a petite, lithe feminine figure that aside from size and form, was cloaked in the same hooded black cloak he and Raixon now wore. Raixon turned to acknowledge her presence as well before speaking to Xazek.

“Yuxara here will be the one to get you acquainted with the castle before your formal induction,” Raixon explained, and Yuxara nodded to the implicit direction that she had been given. Raixon then addressed Yuxara quietly. “There are matters that have surfaced, and it seems the balance has again shifted. I will have to investigate, and we will convene with the result when I return.” He indicated Xazek with a small tilt of his head. “This is Xazek, and he is one of us. I will see you both soon.”

And with that, another corridor of darkness opened a few paces in front of Raixon, and he walked through it, allowing the darkness to swallow him once again.

The hooded Yuxara watched him go before she glanced over at Xazek. “Welcome to the Organization then, Xazek,” she mused, reaching back to doff her hood. It revealed an ivory face contrasted by the sheer violet of her eyes and the long, raven hair tied into a ponytail that trailed down into her hood. “As Raixon said, my name is Yuxara, and I assist in coordinating the Organization’s duties. Please, come with me, and I will be open to answering any questions you might have.” She began to walk back up the steps from whence she came.
The Heartless listened intently to what Ryuga had to say, making note of both the Organization and that the place he was in right now was pretty much his home turf. He looked back out at the water and nodded once. "I see," he said quietly. Again, that unshakable feeling that the other Seeker wasn't quite being entirely straight with him. He really wished he could see the other's face.

He then heard the Ryuga ask what he wanted to be called, and he realized that he didn't have a name. Well there was his old name, of course, but he didn't think that one really fit him anymore. It described his former self, one he didn't really remember and one he didn't really care about at that point. Also, it didn't feel right. After a few more moments of thought, a name popped into his head. "Katsuki," the new Seeker said. "Call me Katsuki." Yeah, that sounded good.

Despite the sense of satisfaction that came with his new name, something still felt off about Ryuga. The newly-christened Katsuki. "Anyway," he continued, "while that's all well and good, something doesn't seem entirely Kosher here." He turned his attention once again to Ryuga, his arms still crossed. "There's no way in hell that you just happened to chance upon me back there," he said, the hostility returning unbidden. Katsuki was just merely making an accusation. Ryuga very well could have been just passing through and chanced upon his fight with Raixon. This was a bit of a gamble that he was hoping would pay off.

Hanox summoned his pistols again and followed the group down into the catacombs. His eyes slowly adjusted to the gloom of the tunnel. While he felt no uneasiness, he could feel the hair on the back of his neck stand on end and had an almost unshakable feeling that they were being watched, as if the dead from the surrounding graves all had their eyes upon this small contingent of the living. He had a white-knuckle grip on his weapons, and his eyes were constantly moving, trying to pick out shapes in the dark.

The sound of their footsteps echoed on the stone walls of the passageway, and he could smell dampness in the air. The Nobody wasn't sure if any movement he spotted out of the corner of his eye was a phantasm of his own imagination or just a rat or some other vermin that lived in dark tunnels under cemeteries. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking up at the figure of Phoebus who was walking in front of him. "So," he began, "Before today, how long had you been serving Frollo in the City Guard?" It wasn't entirely pertinent to what they were currently doing, but anything to break the silence was a fine topic for him.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Kingdom Hearts: Scattered Fragments (Private RP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus