Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Treasure Lamp is recruiting (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Treasure Lamp (played by 8TigerBunnyTora) Topic Starter

Azura wrote:
Not sure if Azura (a genie) would fit into your story. I can totally make a new character if need be. Character creation is super fun, I'm just new to the site so I don't have many characters up.

Yeah, not exactly, I'll update the list. of nonaccepted species. There's no need for you to make another character profile if you don't want to, simply describe them to me (species, appearance, abilities, personality) and I'm perfectly fine with that.

You can PM if you want. I may not respond until tomorrow because I'm heading off to bed soon.

B U M P!!
I'm very interested in this roleplay.
My character is named fiora, a 18 year old girl who is skilled in hand to hand combat with dual swords, and has slight healing magic as well. I'm willing to change anything to make it fit with your vision of your roleplay, so please pm me if you want to know more. Thanks!

Skyler wrote:
I'm very interested in this roleplay.
My character is named fiora, a 18 year old girl who is skilled in hand to hand combat with dual swords, and has slight healing magic as well. I'm willing to change anything to make it fit with your vision of your roleplay, so please pm me if you want to know more. Thanks!

sent a PM :D
i have a oc that would work perfectly in this but i haven't added him to this site DX
btw here he is http://aminoapps.com/page/roleplaying/8046578/assteil
i also made him a wile back so if ya have any questions for him please just ask

bashthenerd wrote:
btw here he is http://aminoapps.com/page/roleplaying/8046578/assteil
i also made him a wile back so if ya have any questions for him please just ask

He looks really interesting, actually XD

Hit me up with a PM and I'll figure something out
Bransa Donovon (played by Bertie-McBert)

Hey, if this is still open I'm definitely down for trying it out. I can PM you the exact details relevant to the RP if Bransa here seems interesting enough.

Bransa Donovon wrote:
Hey, if this is still open I'm definitely down for trying it out. I can PM you the exact details relevant to the RP if Bransa here seems interesting enough.

If it would be possible to give Bransa either a magical weapon or some other form of ability, perhaps we can work something out.
PM me.
I'm still finalizing the details of Gretchen bio but I'm very very interested in this world. I do have a few questions as to the nature of the shady things you mentioned, as those would dictate whether or not I could even consider her for such a role. (As well as the obvious tests that you mentioned) or I could potentially roll up a different character. Either way color me interested :)

uCat2beKittenMeRight wrote:
I'm still finalizing the details of Gretchen bio but I'm very very interested in this world. I do have a few questions as to the nature of the shady things you mentioned, as those would dictate whether or not I could even consider her for such a role. (As well as the obvious tests that you mentioned) or I could potentially roll up a different character. Either way color me interested :)

Of course, feel free to hit me up with a PM to ask your exact question!
RedLantern

The Treasure Lamp wrote:
Update: Reposted. As much as I was getting replies, I still need more people! This topic will remain open until I have 5 successful recruits.

Genre: Medieval High Fantasy. Limited tech elements, you'd have to ask me.

RP will take place in this world. Map and long description here--> http://fav.me/day3cpl
>>The setting is rather crucial. I'm willing to answer any lore questions and am willing to accept some, not all, lore requests.

~~~~~~~

In the central city of Porthcaul, a trade city neutral to all four kingdoms, there is a curious shop that sells that most wondrous magical artifacts and other curious rarities, run by a group of mysterious masked figures who are not ones to be trifled with. But there is a more, say, shadier side to this business. The Treasure Lamp is greatly renowned amongst the underground. They are also a mercenary group, taking requests that even the other underground organizations tend to stray away from. This group of outcasts, over the period of 4 years that they have been in operation, have become like family to one another.

The Treasure Lamp is quietly searching for new recruits.

~~~~~~~~

I would like RP players who write at least 3 lines per post, and has at least high school grammar and a fair amount of description. No maximum post amount. Also, I'm looking for players who will PM me a lot ooc-wise. Communication is important in regards to backstories and things so we can create more plot. :D

This is mainly an adventure. Romance is optional but not required.

>>>Each character who is interested will go through a pm initiation rp, to where you must gain the trust of a Treasure Lamp character I choose (we can talk specifics of plot, location, situation of meeting, etc). Five successful initiates will be put in a group RP and I have some nice plot in the works once that happens. :D <<<

Characters:
--must be over 20 years old
--must have some sort of power
--must fit a medieval fantasy setting
--must be able to defend themselves in one way or another
--are recommended to have at least one specialty. (inventor, mage, potions master, thief, brawler, assassin, etc. Don't be limited to these suggestions, I'm open to lots of things.)
--non-accepted species so far: dwarves, genies, ifrit
(if your character is a dragon, it must be able to stand on two legs and be maximum 7 feet tall, and must be able to communicate in a common tongue.)

Let me know if you are interested!

Interested! I'll create a character fitting this!
RedLantern

Can we roleplay more than one character in your rp?

RedLantern wrote:

It would depend what you have in mind.
RedLantern

The Treasure Lamp wrote:
RedLantern wrote:

It would depend what you have in mind.

Not necessary- but I imagined a trio of character working together, but one character is totally fine
Aspen Grim Pierce (played by Etch)

I would be rather interested in this, although as of now Pence (As Aspen prefers to be called) doesn't have any sort of magical powers. I wouldn't be opposed to adding one or two, but they would be powers he discovered within the past year, and he may have limited mastery over them. I'd also have to think of some sort of lore for how he attained such powers. :/

Either way, I'm definitely interested. Would you please let me know if by 'powers' you mean combat abilities, or actual magical abilities. And, if you mean magical abilities, then would you be open to the possibility of him being inexperienced in such magic?

Aspen Grim Pierce wrote:
I would be rather interested in this, although as of now Pence (As Aspen prefers to be called) doesn't have any sort of magical powers. I wouldn't be opposed to adding one or two, but they would be powers he discovered within the past year, and he may have limited mastery over them. I'd also have to think of some sort of lore for how he attained such powers. :/

Either way, I'm definitely interested. Would you please let me know if by 'powers' you mean combat abilities, or actual magical abilities. And, if you mean magical abilities, then would you be open to the possibility of him being inexperienced in such magic?

I do mean magical ability, however I will accept if ones magical ability comes solely from a weapon. Inexperience in magic is permitted, perhaps it can supplement the magic weapon.
Aspen Grim Pierce (played by Etch)

The Treasure Lamp wrote:
Aspen Grim Pierce wrote:

I do mean magical ability, however I will accept if ones magical ability comes solely from a weapon. Inexperience in magic is permitted, perhaps it can supplement the magic weapon.

I can't say that using a magical weapon sounds like Pence's style, and his weapons are already pretty predetermined. I'm thinking an ability that may supplement his other, more ordinary skills like tracking or shooting. Likely something that affects his vision, or improves it significantly.

I'd say a sort of advanced vision that allows him to see details more clearly because items of interest will seem to glow whereas items that are uninteresting will get darker to make the glowing more obvious. It'd be something he can only activate for a certain amount of time, and he would need a resting period between those times that would decrease as he grows more experienced. The power reads both his subconscious to determine what is important to him, and then analyzes his surroundings in order to determine what people, places, or items may be important to him in that moment. Especially useful for tracking tricky targets who may only leave almost invisible traces, or for seeing through smokescreens or similar distractions.

As far as how he got it, I'm thinking I'm going going to go with the idea that it manifested once upon a time, and he has no clue why. There will be a deeper story to it, but at this moment he doesn't understand how it happened or the consequences having this power will have on him in the long run. *Mumble Cough Cough* Perhaps he made a contract with a demon. *Cough Mumble* And the demon erased his memories of it. *Cough Mumble Cough*

No, I don't have a cold. >.>

Aspen Grim Pierce wrote:
The Treasure Lamp wrote:
Aspen Grim Pierce wrote:

I can't say that using a magical weapon sounds like Pence's style, and his weapons are already pretty predetermined. I'm thinking an ability that may supplement his other, more ordinary skills like tracking or shooting. Likely something that affects his vision, or improves it significantly.

I'd say a sort of advanced vision that allows him to see details more clearly because items of interest will seem to glow whereas items that are uninteresting will get darker to make the glowing more obvious. It'd be something he can only activate for a certain amount of time, and he would need a resting period between those times that would decrease as he grows more experienced. The power reads both his subconscious to determine what is important to him, and then analyzes his surroundings in order to determine what people, places, or items may be important to him in that moment. Especially useful for tracking tricky targets who may only leave almost invisible traces, or for seeing through smokescreens or similar distractions.

As far as how he got it, I'm thinking I'm going going to go with the idea that it manifested once upon a time, and he has no clue why. There will be a deeper story to it, but at this moment he doesn't understand how it happened or the consequences having this power will have on him in the long run. *Mumble Cough Cough* Perhaps he made a contract with a demon. *Cough Mumble* And the demon erased his memories of it. *Cough Mumble Cough*

No, I don't have a cold. >.>

lol. sure, PM me and we can hammer out the details of his trial.

I just wanted to let everyone know that just because a trial has begun, doesn't mean your character will pass. The Treasure Lamp is very family-oriented, and will only allow themselves to trust people they are willing to join their family.

And yes, people have failed the trial before. XD

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Treasure Lamp is recruiting (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus