Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Invent A Tagline for the RPR

RPR- Where the characters are fresh. And so are the cookies!

RPR- Experience Radically Pwnage Roleplays at the Roleplaying Repository!
(Note I purposely used the RPR abbreviation for it's actual meaning and another I randomly came up with.)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Wrapping up judging now. Announcement incoming! ;)

There were a lot of wonderful suggestions made, and it was a tough decision. This contest was remarkably informative; I felt like I was learning a great deal about what it is that you most like about the site.

First place: darth_angelus
"Any system, any setting"
"The Social Network for Roleplayers"

I loved these taglines, because they make the purpose of the site immediately clear, even if someone has never heard anything about the site anymore. And when combined, they accomplish that practial goal, while still maintaining a sense of wonder and epic scale by reminding us that you can play in any setting that you imagine.

Second place: Ethan
"Creative community role-play, epic perks and zero prejudice."
"Customisable character sites, friendly forums and growing groups; limitless imagination."

I had a terrible time deciding which of these taglines I liked better. They both do a wonderful job of describing the new scope of the site; we've grown beyond mere character sites. But it does more than tell us what, it manages to tell us why: Community, creativity, no prejudice, friendliness? Yes please!

Third place: Amirrora
"Where the only limit is your creativity (or imagination)"
I love the idea behind this tagline. To me, the only way to make it better would have been to include a mention of what was limitless, so a new visitor could tell they were at a site specifically about RPing rather than some other kind of creative endeavor. For example, "Where your roleplay's only limit is your imagination" or "Where your characters are only limited by your creativity"

Silly Honorable Mention: CelestinaGrey
"Characters welcome"
What can I say? It made me LOL. It was a ROFLcoptor. It was hard to pick just one for the silly category, but this was too perfect a re-purposing not to acknowledge.

As with the other contests, I have three great prizes to give away:

3 months of Epic Membership
5 extra character slots
A set of beautiful RPR themed bookmarks (Two designs, you'll get 5 of each)
bookmarkdesigns.png

But instead of assigning people to awards, I'm going to give them a chance to pick what sounds most splendid to them.

First place - That's you, darth - gets first pick, then second place, and then the final prize will be given to third.

Honorable mention gets a month of Epicness whether she likes it or not. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Great thing to wake up to, thankyou Kim! I see you're using it already :D

I think I'll take the 3 months of epicness :)

Delivered! Congrats Darth. :)
Contests to the winners. And on a side note to Darth's winner that states The Social Network for Roleplayers. I found it rather ironic that it was picked as a winner cause I was showing a friend the site the other day and their like 'Soo...It's like Facebook for Roleplayers?' and I was like Yep...pretty much.
Whoahwhatwaithuh? O-O

Awwwww!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 (heart spam!! <3 )

Thank you, Kim!! X3 I'm glad you liked it! <3

I posted that on a whim, too. See people? You need to post on whims! xD
Be whimsical
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
Delivered! Congrats Darth. :)

I like having epicness delivered, thankyou again! :D
Lance2011 wrote:
Contests to the winners. And on a side note to Darth's winner that states The Social Network for Roleplayers. I found it rather ironic that it was picked as a winner cause I was showing a friend the site the other day and their like 'Soo...It's like Facebook for Roleplayers?' and I was like Yep...pretty much.

That seems to be a good way to describe the site to people :)
CelestinaGrey wrote:
I posted that on a whim, too. See people? You need to post on whims! xD
Be whimsical

And there's still one more contest to post whimsically in :)

Lance2011 wrote:
'Soo...It's like Facebook for Roleplayers?'

I must say this to people 50 times a week. It really does help to give people some context really fast.
Rhuben (played anonymously)

Gracious! I finally get a chance to check this and I come back to some wonderful news!
I think I'd really enjoy those bookmarks and I know I have some friends that could enjoy them as well!

I'm so happy you liked my taglines enough to place them second.
Oh my gosh. I won third place? Ha ha. I didn't even notice. My random post and not noticing won me 5 extra character slots?
Darth chose his epicness, and Ethan chose the bookmarks, so woo<3

What a win! <3.

I feel so honored you liked my tagline.
Welcome to my world of having 5 extra character slots. I got the same thing as a result of the RP song contest Thingy.
Lance2011 wrote:
Welcome to my world of having 5 extra character slots. I got the same thing as a result of the RP song contest Thingy.

Well it's amazing cause I was JUST thinking of deleting a character to make room for some new ones. AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TO!
Woooo~!

Congrats you two!

I'll talk to you in PMs about where to send your bookmarks, Ethan. :)

And Amirrora, your new character slots just became active.
Kim wrote:
Congrats you two!

I'll talk to you in PMs about where to send your bookmarks, Ethan. :)

And Amirrora, your new character slots just became active.

*dances in joy* <3
Dragonfire Moderator

Congrats to le winners~

I also just wanted to say I received my bookmarks from the Spread-the-Love raffle today, and they look faboo! I may just leave a couple of them in a conspicuous location 'round my local library to see if some love can't be spread thataway, too. :3
Dragonfire wrote:
Congrats to le winners~

I also just wanted to say I received my bookmarks from the Spread-the-Love raffle today, and they look faboo! I may just leave a couple of them in a conspicuous location 'round my local library to see if some love can't be spread thataway, too. :3

That would be amazing if somehow it recruited more people<3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That sounds like a good way to promote the site Dragonfire :)

Amirrora, I see the pink hair has returned :)
I love that idea, Dragonfire! I might do the same :)

And yes, the bookmarks are fantastic <3
darth_angelus wrote:
That sounds like a good way to promote the site Dragonfire :)

Amirrora, I see the pink hair has returned :)

he he, It's cause I was able to get around a bit, and did a photo-shoot with my wig.
I'm almost walking now<3.

It was a lovely day that day. Though it's icky now.. we had a snowstorm. :/

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Invent A Tagline for the RPR

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus