Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi.

Hi, umm. My names miki. I roleplay with my friend all the time, but this is my first time doing it on the internet. So, I'd appreciate it if anyone could give some helpful advice, and show me the ropes around here. Thanks.
From the bottom of my heart to yours,
Miki
Minerva

New to RPing online? Does that mean you've LARPed, or do you do table-top? Some other method? Regardless, welcome!

The Help section has a broad variety of articles regarding the technical edge of the site, but some of your questions may be more artistic than technical? What is it you need to know? We're glad to help out.
mmbeyries718 Topic Starter

We use our phones. Its actually very frequent if we use text messaging. then we can do it wherever we go. I just wanna make sure:
1. I don't get other people in trouble.
2. get in trouble myself.
Ya know?
Miki
Minerva

On RPR the rules are pretty lax on what's allowed in RP. Just no sexual RP in public, etc. If you want to do that you take it to PMs, or make a private group with the appropriate tags, etc. Basically the site seems to be at about a PG-13 principle, and if you wanna get intensely graphic on violence or anything, just be courteous and make a private area for it.

In terms of the OOC, the community is intended to be extremely friendly so just don't be an a-hole. You don't seem like the a-hole type, so as long as you generally keep swearing down, don't insult, and try to be supportive we should get along fine.

there are a few other rules here for technicalities, of course.

Ya! Not an A-hole! I would say thats a pretty good first impression!

Awesome. My friend izzy, and I had to keep it 'G'.

Thank yo for all your help and support!
Miki
Minerva

You're welcome. Have you found the nifty "launch chat" function at the bottom of the thread?

Yes.. I think.. I'm not good with technology.
Minerva

Well, hello in live-time!

was that here?
Minerva

Now that we're both here, feel free to browse the site. I'll keep the window open in the background until I go to bed or you say your farewells, and until then, I'll be available if you have any questions about... well, anything! Also, browse my characters and see if any of them appeal to you. And "Was that here?" what?

'that here?' Was about the launch chat.
Minerva

Yes. At the bottom of every thread on the forums there is a "launch chat" option. It launches that specific thread into a chat mode that also responds in the forums. It does seem like you've found it, or you're refreshing very effectively. The chat works very much like the forums, but auto-refreshes and puts off a nifty little "click" sound to let you know it updates.

Wow, You've seem to got everything about this site down.
Minerva

Eh, I've spent a lot of time lurking on it even if I haven't been as active as other members due to occasional bouts of unavailability. I've lurked on this on two different types of phones, even, haha. Also if I have a slow reply don't be surprised, I'm simultaneously RPing on my own little site.

That's amazing! i hit a random button. Please excuse anything random that pops up.
Minerva

Haha, you seem fine. Anyway, any other questions about the site?

I think one more, I've already created a character, but cant seem to figure out how to make another yet.
Minerva

Shoot my slots are filled and I'm too poor to go epic and get more spaces, so I haven't had the chance in a while. I BELIEVE, however, if you click Dashboard you'll see a list of your characters, and somewhere in the brown bar there's a button that reads something like "Add New"

Ok, I didnt see it, but i clicked on help and am looking in there.

I founds it! nevermind! I dont have my glasses on, I cant see very well.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus