Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Ambrose would shrug her shoulders, unamused by this woman's attitude as she walks away to go find a menu since she couldn't tell her what she could order. She glances over at the belt, and watches as Inai throws the knife into the hilt of the first one he threw. Her eyes would widen as she again, sighed in relief. She would just pray that he didn't hit Merthyr. If there was any kind of god, he would get out of this with minimal injuries.

Meanwhile she would duck behind the counter, digging around until she pulled out a dusty menu. She would clean and wipe it off before standing up and returning to Erga, handing her the menu before pulling out her paper book and pen, waiting for her to place her order. She would be able to speak eventually. She was hoping one of the others would request her voice to return, but at the same time she didn't hold out much hope.
Erga Kenesis Di Raskreia (played anonymously)

Erga watched as the woman left to find a menu. Her attention wavered momentarily to the man that was practicing his aim, seemingly showing off for his companions, but only for a moment. She had no interest in such childish activities.

She was more interested in what she was looking for; the device that the woman was wearing. She spotted it for a brief moment when the waitress ducked down to grab a menu. She smiled to herself and waited for the woman to return. When she did, Erga grasped the menu carefully. It was a dusty old thing, even after it had been cleaned. It hardly suit someone of her caliber, but it would have to do. She looked at the waitress and said, "Thank you".

Her smile disappeared suddenly as she stared straight into the waitress' eyes, her eyes blazing, seemingly staring into her soul. "That's a nice collar you have there." She said with a hint of authority.

Raskreia-386.png

Ambrose would shift uncomfortably as the customer stared straight into her soul, though this wouldn't stop her from staring right back at her, her arms placed on her hips. She was waiting for this woman to order, though the woman didn't seem the least bit interested in the food. Rather she seemed more interested in the collar around her neck. She would furrow her brow before rolling her eyes and taking out her note pad, scribbling something down on the sheet of paper. She turned it towards the customer, allowing her to read it's message.

"This collar is anything but nice...its a magical collar that's literally turned me into a puppet...that's why I can't speak...the owner demanded my voice be gone...so now I can't speak until he says otherwise..."

She says, giving Erga a moment to read it, before flipping to a blank page and scribbling down something else. She again turned it to her, giving her a chance to read it.

"Now, what can I get you?"

((bump))
Morgan looked back at Ambrose struggling to secure a sale and smiled satisfied she had learned her lesson and the value of her voice.

"You can speak, wench, so long you remain polite" granted Morgan looking at Inai

"That was a good shot there or a lucky one... you still have to earn yourself even a copper piece out of two rounds though, this is your last chance, you shouldn't waste it" advised Morgan pouring drinks for customers from behind the counter, drinks that Ambrose had to distribute

((bump it up again. will give it a bit to see if Egra responds. if not then ill respond!))

Erga spotted a man sitting not too far off smirking at the waitress. She deduced that he was the owner of the collar. Looking at the waitress again, she smiled.

"I'm not hungry. I rather came here looking for someone such as you."

She tried out something she hadn't before on others besides her Clan Leaders: Mind Link. Concentrating, she projected her thoughts to the waitress.

If you can't speak normally, can you hear me like this?

Ambrose turns to look at Morgan, who had granted her something she never thought she would miss: Her voice. She would clear her throat and hum, testing it out to see if it worked, and sure enough it did. She smiled and looked at Erga, before raising her eyebrow curiously at her. She wouldn't need to use the mind link to speak now that Ambrose had her voice back.

She would glance back at the bet, waiting anxiously to see what was happening, but would also turn back to Erga seeing that there was nothing happening at the moment. She would lean against the table and look down at Erga, her curiosity peaked as she stared into her eyes.

"I can, but that man has granted me my voice back...why have you come looking for me?? What business do you have with me??"

Raskreia smiled. "A lovely voice you have. Wonderful to hear it. We can get to why I'm here for you a bit later. For now, I suppose now that that voice issue is out of the way, we can have a proper conversation."

Raskreia folded her hands on her lap. "You may refer to me as Raskreia, though most call me Lord. And you are...?"

This woman was proving to be a great mystery. She was mysterious, and Ambrose couldn't deduce what she wanted from her in the slightest. She would stay standing up though, since Morgan would more than likely have her hide if she sat down. She would cross her eyes and turn a stern gaze on the woman, eyeing her in case she tried to do anything funny. Since the woman didn't want to order, she would put her pen and pad back inside her pocket, before speaking up to her.

"My name is Ambrose...Ambrose Acheron.."

Raskreia faltered for a millisecond, only noticeable by the keenest of creatures. Acheron...

She sat there thinking for a moment before she collected herself. "A pleasure to meet you, Ambrose. Before we talk further, I'd be interested in knowing why a creature as lovely as you are stuck in a...despicable place such as this." She gestured all around her, her eyes showing slight amusement.

Her eyes narrowed at the woman even further as she as she leaned further against the table, wondering where this woman was going with this conversation. Though she had a feeling that this woman would say so sooner or later. Though her face turned red form blushing as the woman mentioned she was lovely. She would clear her throat before speaking.

"The human king has waged war against us all, and I'm here playing the part of a slave until the time is right...I'll be their slave and do what they ask, then tear them apart from the inside.."

She says in a low whisper so that the others couldn't hear her.

Raskreia's own eyes narrowed. Her smile vanished altogether, as if it was no longer possible for her to smile.

"That, my dear, is why I am here. This is a reckless, and dangerous, path to take. I would've sent one of my Family Leaders here in my place, but the nature of this world's war is different. I've learned firsthand from dealing with a human myself that they aren't to be underestimated. You speak so confidently, yet you seem very young for a creature such as yourself. Perhaps even inexperienced."

She leaned in closer, her voice now tinged with warning. "I can help you, but you cannot harm the humans. Not yet. My people have no quarrel with them and have not had any for quite some time now. We have no interest in sparking another war between us, but my duty is to my kind. ALL of my kind. Though I detest the term vampire, I count you amongst my own, not as vampire but as a Noble."

She stood abruptly and pulled her cloak back over her head. "I warn you of the danger you can put yourself in by continuing this act. Have you not been silenced by a mere toy already? Do you think they could not do worse to you? Think on that, Ms. Acheron."

She turned and began heading for the door, hopeful that Ambrose would heed her words...

((gonna give everyone else a chance to respond))
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

The Argonian had noticed the mysterious woman speaking with Ambrose and was considering why she was here. He knew that she wasn't here on holiday, but he still couldn't determine what interest she had with...

Then it struck him; perhaps this woman was a vampire as well. What dimension had he landed himself in, where vampires were so common in normal places. Vampires in Tamriel hardly dealt a hand in everyday life, especially in public.

((hello?))
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

((I'm still here. Just waiting for others.))
Merthyr had been wincing his eyes and tightening his fists, bracing for the inevitable wounds that would come soon enough, staying tense but still in the face of impending danger.

He frowned when he caught Morgan making advances upon Ambrose, talking softly to her ear, embracing her far too closely to her to be considered honorable and that made him all the more disgusted. Still he knew better than to shout out for attention, opting to remain subdued and watchful at the participants of this awkwardly unusual challenge.

So far he had health this breath twice and winced at the incoming dagger only to watch get embedded at the edge of the wheel, much to his relief. Inai was either purposely avoiding him or unluckily missing the target.

Still he kept biting into the apple, feeling all the more humiliated for it, as Aynor kept addressing him as if he were a pigglet ready for roasting. That was awkward too but he could hardly protest at any of it, with his mouth full and occupied with the apple.

At all times he had to be carefully not to clench his teeth, despite the sore jaw, else a piece of apple could easily snap and cause him to choke, more so at the speed at which the wheel was being spun that left him all the more dizzy and nauseous

He was relieved and grateful that Inai was taking his time between shots, which gave him a chance to slightly recover than end up throwing up altogether, having felt the need enough times as his body was turned around upside down and sideways, following the turning motion of the wheel.

There was one final shot from Inai and with a bit of luck, he would miss too, if the previous shots were anything to go by. Then, Lancelot would finally put an end to this unpleasant challenge altogether, trusting the knight's skill and hoping he would get the right hit

((give me a bit to post))

(( Bump ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus