Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Deep dark embarrasing secrets?

Do you have one...?
I'll be the first to go...

...I... watchmylittleponyfriendshipismagic. *coughcough*...

A-hem. Any embarrassing secrets you hide guys? Sleep with a teddy (this I'm proud of!)? Still watch a childrens show?
Are you a full grown man who melts at bunnies adorable noses? Tell us! And lest we build trust and understanding of each other.
SeraphicStar

Proud of liking stuffed toys. Proud of liking kid's cartoons. Proud of making poses and singing while waiting for the elevator. Proud of doing the same at home in front of the mirror for big periods of time. Proud of sometimes walking like the Minister of Silly Walks when no one's looking.

Eeeeh... nope, I'm proud of my childishness.
Friendship is Magic is hilarious...

But I'd have to say the fact I'm still occasionally compelled to sleep with a light on...not proud of that.
Amirrora Topic Starter

@Star: Ha ha, most of the time I'm pretty proud of my madness too.

@Roma: I Knooooww. I was surprised it has enough going on to keep me compelled though. ha ha.
Don't worry, I do sometimes too... But I got this awesome star-projector night-light.
My sister has that nightlight.

Hmm...Let me think.

Yes I do sleep with my stuffed animals. I love them, they are all over my bed.
I also have a crush on Orlando Bloom and Ryan Reynolds.

When I LARPed with my friend I would often play a guy.
I tend to dabble a little with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I do own a pair of Donatello boxers.
I'm not really embarrassed of anything I do and what not but for thensake of things...let's see.

I watch spongebob rather frequently.
Where as most guys seem to prefer male led bands I have no qualms with listening to female led with main names being Reba McIntyre (Think I slept her name wrong...), sugerland and evanescence. Amy lee FTW!

I got several others that would embarrass a normal guy bt I'm too tired to think of em right now.

Oh and on the Guitar Hero series I use Judy Nails. Heh.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

What's wrong with listening to bands with a female lead singer?

I watch Supernatural, even though it's aimed at a female audience.

There was a time when I actually liked The Phantom Menace (I know...I know...).
Dragonfire Moderator

Ohhh, gosh, when I was thirteen and Phantom Menace was newly out, my friends and I thought Jar Jar Binks was the best thing in the whole of creation.

I still play and occasionally watch Pokemon.
Season three of Digimon (Tamers) was the best thing to ever happen to that particular franchise.
I unabashedly danced to a Spice Girls song last week and even sung along.
When I was at "FISH" camp for us freshmen in high school, my swimsuit top came flying up when I was doing a jump off of the diving board at the pool. <8I Everyone was watching. And my friend came up to me afterwards all "PSSST, Lauren, your top came up D8>" as if I couldn't tell that underwater when I felt it riding up my arm pits!

Something less awkward, I too watch Spongebob Squarepants. And I admitted this to my big brother last week, with hilarious results. 8D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Dragonfire wrote:
Ohhh, gosh, when I was thirteen and Phantom Menace was newly out, my friends and I thought Jar Jar Binks was the best thing in the whole of creation.

Do you still like Jar Jar?
Dragonfire Moderator

darth_angelus wrote:
Do you still like Jar Jar?

I don't hate him with the fire of a thousand suns like some fans of the franchise do, but he no longer holds a warm and fuzzy place in my heart. :P
I've considered putting visine in a coworkers coffee to give her a very uncomfortable 12 hours in the bathroom
What! Don't judge.

America's Next Top Model is my secret, guilty pleasure. I started watching it when it first came out and started watching it again. It's like watching a train wreck, it's horrible. But. you. can't. look. away.

I love Star Trek, but that isn't reaaally a deep dark secret. Though I keep the geekiness when around my Star Wars loving friends. My boyfriend and I have argued what universe would be a more interesting Universe to live in, Star Wars or Star Trek.
Nuan (played by Yuka)

Dylan wrote:
I love Star Trek, but that isn't reaaally a deep dark secret. Though I keep the geekiness when around my Star Wars loving friends. My boyfriend and I have argued what universe would be a more interesting Universe to live in, Star Wars or Star Trek.

Stargate all the way ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I'd be happy to live in either Star Trek or Star Wars if given the chance. Not sure which I'd prefer though.

Stargate seems a more likely scenario though. There is a pub near where I live, the old landlord looked like General Hammond, so I always wondered if he had a stargate hidden in the basement ;)
Nuan wrote:
Dylan wrote:

Stargate all the way ;)

Only if it's the movie. ;.;
Ok...I'll fess up. I do have a minor secret but I've been getting more and more open about it so the embarrassment part has been fading. In comparison to a typical guy I actually like more stereotypically feminine things like sewing, cleaning house and things dealing with flowers. Ie: growing arranging etc.
Pfff. I'd rather have a guy interested in that stuff than a guy obsessed with guns and knives e.e
(my ex xD)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Unfortunately for me, pollen sets off my allergies. So I tend to avoid flower arranging and such.

Guns and knives don't really interest me either, although I do have a collection of plastic weapons ( mostly lightsabers and swords, plus a phaser) that are good for costumes. Back when I was in college, one class involved web design, so for part of my project, I had created a photo gallery. One day, I was testing it in class and had on screen a photo of the plastic weapons collection. The girl sat next to me saw it and though they were real.

I tried to explain but she was so scared of me after that she didn't speak to me again (to my relief, she was irritating).
Amirrora Topic Starter

Lance2011 wrote:
Ok...I'll fess up. I do have a minor secret but I've been getting more and more open about it so the embarrassment part has been fading. In comparison to a typical guy I actually like more stereotypically feminine things like sewing, cleaning house and things dealing with flowers. Ie: growing arranging etc.

Nothing wrong with that. makes you more of a man to say, "I like these things. Deal with it."
Then to lie about it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Deep dark embarrasing secrets?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus