Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Scariest experience?

All you gotta do is post the scariest thing that’s ever happened to you!

It doesn’t have to be with ghosts, it could be with another person or with a fear. I love reading scary stories and I’d be curious to hear some of the ones people have had!

I’ll start:

My house is haunted. I know this because of one night not too long ago. I was at my house all alone on a Friday night (like an introvert does) and I was minding my own business, doing homework, when I started to smell a strong scent of women’s perfume.

I just kinda brushed it off, but that’s when I heard a door slam from upstairs. I was too scared to do anything except wait and see if something else happened. That’s when I heard it. “Delta.” A woman’s voice whispered in my ear as the room got colder. I freaked out and cried in the bathroom till my parents got home.

What’s your scary story?
My dad had a business trip in Japan and was able to bring me along. We wanted to visit a Japanese High school while we were there but we couldn't make that happen. The next best thing would be to visit an international school in Japan so that was what we did...well, what I did. Here's where it gets scary.

Dad had meetings to be at and neither of us knew how to speak or read Japanese. Little 14yo me had to find my way to the subway station, get on the right train, get off at the right stop, and find my way to the school...then do it again going back to the hotel. Any mistake anywhere and I don't go home til somebody finds me.
Sometimes, at night, I would feel something. A strong presence in the room... A demon. Now, believe it or not, demons actually have a stronger, warmer, more suffocating presence than humans. You know how you can just sense a person sometimes? This times a thousand is a demon.

Some nights, I'd just be sitting there, when the warmth would come out. It'd come closer and closer until it touched me. Now, me being me, I just waited these out usually, even if it gave me... Some issues, I guess (I'd get close to hyperventilating).

Until recently.

I got majorly freaked out and started wearing a cross necklace. I felt the presence reach out like usual, and touch the chain of the necklace. That's all it took. I felt the touch linger, but the presence was mostly neutral after that.

When I took it off, there was either calm or intense supernatural aggression. Either way, I started sleeping with the cross on. No way was I risking death by demon!
I was on a trip with my family something over a year ago, just walking around the city, sightseeing and basic turist stuff, you know the drill. Since like 4 pm. the amount of police cars driving around was rising and when my dad pointed out it wasn't just ordinary police cars but the personal with small blue lights on the side of the roof as well, I joked it was another terrorist attack, but guess I jinxed it with my dark humor. We paid it no mind, but I could feel the tension in the air. Few hours later, we decided to go inside a cafe instead of going to the city square, where there must have been countless people. We called my brother who stayed home with his girlfriend and we talked about our great trip. Not even ten minutes later, great commotion and shouting sounded from down the street, quickly approaching. My first though was that maybe it started raining heavily and people run for cover, but my dad was first to realize what was going on and he screamed for us to get down under the tables. I vaguely remember how I got to the ground, but I remember my parents shielding me and my sister as we huddled under the small table. That was the scariest moment of my life. In that instant I though I was gonna die, after all those people were running towards us and who could be behind them? Someone with a gun, bomb? A thought passed my mind: 'If I die now, i will be surrounded by my loved ones.' We run to hide in the bathroom but as soon as it calmed down, the waiter was freaking out and said he needed to close the place down. He didn't speak English, and I think it was a little miracle but he could have been talking my mother tongue, I simply understood each and every one of his word. The remaining hours of the day were spent walking around the city, trying to get to our bus's meeting place. We walked quickly and closed to the walls, alert. We had to rely on information from news website of another country. Ater we learned it wasn't accurate but at the time we believed three shooters were running around the city free. I witnessed a dog sitting on a street, left forgotten, even heard of a womn leaving her baby in a chair, also forgotten. What people did was terrible. When a police commando with rifles emerged from around the corner and waved at us to move, we sprinted inside a building, nice people offered us shelter for two hours before we could leave. There wasn't a single car in a city of 1,5 million. I prayed for an hour straight. I've seen a black man arrested on spot because he carried a big bag, helicopters flying around, I've heard shots which was police but I didn't know then. I just knew my life was in danger and I didn't even know what was really going on. I doubt anything scarier will happen in my life.
Well, the scariest 'Paranormal' situation I've ever been in was one time whilst I was at my grandparents' house I was taking a shower. Granted, I was watching something on youtube on my phone at the time, but all of a sudden I heard a little kid's laugh. It spooked me, but I shrugged it off telling myself it was from the video or a weird sound from the shower drain. Then it happened again, and I quickly finished my shower and got the hell out of there. Before that when I was younger I swear I'd also heard voices as well. I'd like to put emphasis on the quotes around paranormal cause I'm not one hudnred percent convinced it was paranormal.

The scariest real experience I'd ever had was one time whilst I was at work. I work at a grocery store as a carryout, helping customers get stuff out to their cars, and bringing carts back inside. I was outside looking through the parking lot for any loose carts. I saw a pick up truck that had a dog in the truck bed, and didn't think much of it. I got close to the truck and the dog started barking and growling at me. Since I was bit by my family's dog when I was little I've had a fear of dogs for much of my life. It had mellowed out for the most part by then. I began to pass the truck as the dog was freaking out at me, then another, larger dog sat up and started doing the same. I immediately spun around and went back inside. The owner 'attempted' to shut the dogs up, as he was in the truck, but his 'attempt' was little more than just saying "Shut up". No thanks to that situation my fear of dogs has really ramped up since then, and I haven't been able to pass by dogs in cars since. At least, not closely as I tend to take long paths around them.
Having worked at a nursing home, a lot of creepy things happen that scare me shitless sometimes. As far as scary personal experiences and not paranormal, I don't want to share those, and the following consist of most of the paranormal stories I've had from working the night shift at a nursing home. We have some residents that don't have dementia or anything, and we call them "alert and oriented."

An alert and oriented resident urgently called me into her room one night and told me that someone was using the bathroom and fell in there, she heard it, but no one was in there. She told me someone used that bathroom all the time, since she and the people in the next room shared it. At this facility, two rooms share a conjoining bathroom. I frowned and told her that no one but her and her own roommate used that bathroom, and her face blanched. The people in the room next to her that shared the bathroom were not mobile enough to use the toilet anymore and they had to wear briefs.

Crashes like something falling over can be heard on the hall whenever all the residents are dead asleep, happens around three or four in the morning.

Call lights going on and off by themselves, door alarms going off when no one is there, thinking you hear footsteps or see someone in your peripheral but no one is there.

I was providing care to a resident and the light turned off by itself. I turned around to scold whoever was playing tricks and no one was there.

Alert and oriented residents reporting they saw another resident who had died three days ago walk into their room. Other alert residents with no dementia, who are there for physical rehabilitation, report hearing strange noises in empty rooms in the days after the occupant dies.

Closet doors and bedside table drawers opening up by themselves when they were closed and the residents in the room had no way of getting out of bed.

Alert and oriented residents claiming that a little old lady peeked out of them from their closet or bathroom and is hiding in there, but whenever we open the door to see who is wandering no one is there.

Even the residents with dementia report seeing men in suits and complain about how we just "let children run amok all night on the unit" a lot whenever we have someone going through the dying process.

I'm an atheist and don't believe in the supernatural, but after over a year of working there on the night shift, there are definitely a lot of creepy, hard to explain things that have happened. It's getting harder and harder to keep chalking it all up to a trick of the light, or night shift brain fog, or just your imagination because you're in a creepy nursing home where a bunch of people have died. The idea of an afterlife is really messing with my worldview.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Scariest experience?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus