Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

(( You'll never know! :D *dances* j/k ))
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((It's pretty clear their new enemy has come prepared. Will our heroes prevail?

/cheesy narrator mode))

((BUMP))

((Let this mark the first post in chat mode in this thread. HUZZAH!!!))

((Kim's thinking of making this an Epic-only feature. She does and heads will come off.))

((Also, let this be the first dice roll in the entire thread!!!))

rolled 1d6 and got 4

((Agreed, I know one undying ranger that would have it out for her.))

((Why would we want to have to PAY to use this amazing feature?!?!?! She does it and I'm moving this RP to dA.))

((In other news, do you think this would fit the second phase of the final battle? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWGSKVOjMLM&feature=channel_video_title ))

((And let me rephrase that, there's only two themes now, so that would be the first theme. Also thinking of changing the second one.))

((Excuse my ingorance, but wtf is that? lol))

((Originally the Demon Wall's move from FFXII that inflicts X-Zone, warping a target to another dimension. It wears off when the party leaves the room. I have adapted it for this Demon Wall's and Alphanus's use. It only works on immortals, though.))

((Well, it only works on immortals here. The regular one works on everything.))

((This is the DEMON WALL'S spell, not Alphanus's! Even though they both have it...))

((But he is observing...))
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((I have a post ready, but since I'm not sure who else in the party is immortal, I'll wait for everyone else since this spell will resolve before Sam can react.))

((I do believe Mink is, and I'm thinking Tyval might be...))

((And this gives me an idea. I can't teleport Dadj to another dimension, but what about another planet?))

((I don't see why not, as long as it's in the same universe as this one. >:) You evil thing you.))
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

((Given Tyval's statement, I think "immortal" is an ambiguous enough term that we need to define it better if it's going to be used mechanically.

"Soft" immortality means not dying of old age, ever, but being subject to death as normal by any other means.
"Hard" immortality means being utterly impervious to death of any kind, even total atomization, by some method or other (regeneration, reincarnation, phylactery, redistribution of consciousness, etc.)
"Highlander" immortality is the same as above, with the obvious exception of decapitation.

Just so we're all on the same page, I think we need to know which definition the spell uses, and which definition each immortal character is operating under.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus