Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

Sam continued to trudge down the tunnel in silence, checking corners, crevices and shadows for movement. The lack of sunlight in this awful place was grating on her nerves more and more - the skin on the back of her neck was drawn tight, and she occasionally ground her teeth. She intended to keep walking until they came upon another chamber, a fork, or some Unknowable Deep Horror.
Tyval (played anonymously)

Erin Ash wrote:
Tyval wrote:
Words of such wisdom from Samantha. Tyval was pretty sure he had just found a new role model. He nodded and followed her like an armored and heavily armed puppy. Sword and shield in hand, he was ready for anything! Unless it was big and/or scary. Or an effeminate wizard.

( I'm guessing Tyval isn't very fond of girlymen. )

(If you knew the person who caused this trauma, you would too XD )
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

The wall behind them in the current corridor was rather ominous. ((It looks like this: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/3/33/Ffxii-demonwall.jpg )) All of a sudden, a stone wall with a purple-glowing magic circle on it lowered at the far end of the corridor, and the ominous wall came alive and started moving towards them.
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj kept close to Samantha. He was not a huge fan of the woman, but she had a light and he did not. He also could not see in the dark and that vexed him, so he was forced to ignore his blatant dislike for the Adventurer and accept the hospitality of her lantern. Since he was not near the end of their little pack, it was not a surprise that the wall went unnoticed by him.

As it happened, Alphanus gave the Demon Wall his Telega ability, and the wall proceeded to use it on all immortal party members, starting with Dadj.

((Excuse my ingorance, but wtf is that? lol))

((Originally the Demon Wall's move from FFXII that inflicts X-Zone, warping a target to another dimension. It wears off when the party leaves the room. I have adapted it for this Demon Wall's and Alphanus's use. It only works on immortals, though.))

((Well, it only works on immortals here. The regular one works on everything.))

((Nevermind, I was smart and read it on Alphanus' stat page))

The Ranger stopped in his tracks, feeling the essence of a spell creeping over him. He looked around him, head whipping side to side in an almost comical fashion as something wrapped around him, distorting his figure. He felt a tug in all directions as if he was being wrenched from existence. And then he felt a pull in another direction. As the wall's spell worked it's magic, the curse on his physical body worked against it. The God who place the seal on Sephaticus had made it so that Dadj could not jump dimensions, in case the Arch Demon found a way out in another realm where the God's magic held no bearing. Ironically, this new Demon had decided to try just that. The result was the mortal frame being torn in several directions at once, causing the man to feel like he was being drawn and quartered.

((This is the DEMON WALL'S spell, not Alphanus's! Even though they both have it...))

((But he is observing...))

From the focal point of the caverns that was at the center of the maze, Alphanus watched in sadistic interest.

"Interesting...he has an archdemon sealed within him... Maybe I can use this to my own ends."

((I have a post ready, but since I'm not sure who else in the party is immortal, I'll wait for everyone else since this spell will resolve before Sam can react.))

((I do believe Mink is, and I'm thinking Tyval might be...))

((And this gives me an idea. I can't teleport Dadj to another dimension, but what about another planet?))

((I don't see why not, as long as it's in the same universe as this one. >:) You evil thing you.))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Very sorry, everyone, I haven't been paying attention..)

As they made their way through the dark Mink grew more and more anxious. Though her shifting energy was only temporarily drained, she would still not be able to change if she needed to. In her lessened state she did not immediately notice the wall, nor did she hardly have time to realize a spell had been cast and she was feeling the effects. The woman panicked and started hyperventilating. She had not truly felt any spell for..well, ever in any life.
"Wha-?!" She hardly had the time to exclaim as she was whisked off by the spell.

For the worried mortal members of the party, the corridor is designed to perfectly fit the Demon Wall, meaning there's no way around it. You'll just have to destroy it...if you can...
Tyval (played anonymously)

(G'dammit. I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THE DEMON WALL!!!!!! D: D: D: Memories of endless Game Over messages...

Also, Tyval is mortal. He just doesn't age. :D

... HATE)

((Given Tyval's statement, I think "immortal" is an ambiguous enough term that we need to define it better if it's going to be used mechanically.

"Soft" immortality means not dying of old age, ever, but being subject to death as normal by any other means.
"Hard" immortality means being utterly impervious to death of any kind, even total atomization, by some method or other (regeneration, reincarnation, phylactery, redistribution of consciousness, etc.)
"Highlander" immortality is the same as above, with the obvious exception of decapitation.

Just so we're all on the same page, I think we need to know which definition the spell uses, and which definition each immortal character is operating under.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus