Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Taking both pistols he backed up for a running start. "Cover your ears, this might be a bit loud if you aren't used to it." He said, tapping the pistols on his sides. The wave design started glowing a vibrant white as he ran towards the river.

He jumped at the river's edge and mid-jump shot the pistols, each pistol releasing a decently large shockwave, rippling the water and launching Lance to to the other side. Landing with a smile he waved to Vox and Liam on the other side.
Liam MacMillan (played by Tom_York) Topic Starter

Liam watched silently, then sniffed his coffee. "Holy shit." He said softly, and kept repeating it in a crescendo, growing louder, until he was saying it rather loudly. "What the hell was that?" He asked with a big grin.
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox threw his arms in the air, now excited as he was cheering for Lance. "That was amazing! Super cool dude!" He exclaimed, bouncing up and down.
"Its called magic. I was a mercenary gun-mage before I became a detective." He replied, moving towards the bushes, grabbing the piece of cloth.

"I got the cloth, now I'm coming back over, might want to move out of the way, don't want to hit you two on the landing."

"Hey Lance. I'm gonna go back to the car and call headquarters real quick, then we have to wait for forensics to identify the fabric. That can take a week. Wait for them to get here, then we leave."
Lance reloaded his pistols, launching himself back over in the same manner as he originally had, handing the cloth to Liam.

"Not like I have anywhere else to be, and it might be better to have you hold onto this. Just in case."

He holstered his pistols in a single motion, the wave design had lost its glow, fading to the original blue and black design.

Liam made the call and what seemed like an hour or so passed before the forensics truck pulled up. "Alright, here we are." Liam said, explaining the situation to them in detail, and handing them the cloth. "...and if we can place this cloth to a Oktavial cloak, we have the bastards." Liam said, before giving the man a quick nod and walking off. "Alright guys. Thats it. Itll take about a week before we get that back. Lets go back to the office?"
Lance was in the truck, reading a book waiting for the forensics truck to arrive. Looking up he nodded, "If our business here is done I see no reason to stay." He said, turning on the truck.

"Let's head on back, maybe we'll find another victim on our way to the station." He joked with a small laugh.
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox had been preoccupied with something else during the whole ordeal. Turns out, he had been playing Pong on his helmet. When he heard the forensics truck arrive, he snapped back to reality.

"I was totally listening to everything you just said!" The DJ declared. Then he rubbed his hands together. "Well, uh, if we're going back, then.... ICALLSHOTGUN!"

Liam sighed. "Sure. You have shotgun. Anyways, can we stop at the storage unit thats on the way? I need to pick something up."
"Sure thing, just point me in the direction and we'll be on our way." Lance said with a smile.

Liam gave the directions, and in seemingly no time, they had reached a storage unit. Liam quickly left the car, and came back about ten minutes later with a holster on his hip, and a pair of dusty glasses on.

"Alright, back to our office." He said, meekly.
With a quick nod Lance drove off, arriving at the office in minutes, "Well here we are, back at the office," He exited the truck, looking back at Liam "So other than waiting for the forensics, is there anything else that we need to do?" He asked, checking his watch, it was still early enough that they could start something else, but late enough where it would be fine to head home.
Vox (played by koobler)

"I could definitely stay around if there's more to do." Vox tapped his chin. "You can count on ol' Voxy to take care of all of your troubles!" He exclaimed.

"Well, since both of you are new, you can tell me a little about yourselves. I'm gonna put some coffee on. Want any? If you don't, feel free to leave. We're practically done here."
Vox (played by koobler)

He pondered for a moment before putting a finger up. "About myself? Well, uh, my name is Vox---Oh, wait, I said that already!"

Vox cleared his throat, then leaned in slightly. "I'm a former cop and a DJ! My hometown is called Strobe City, I currently own a cat named Mr. Punk, and I am a master at every instrument imaginable! ....Except the triangle." He shuddered as he mentioned the instrument. "I still get the flashbacks...."
"Coffee? I'll take a cup, and as for me. I'm from a town called Albirion where I served as a mercenary for hire. It paid well enough until I decided to be the guardian of the town, one thing led to another and I was sent here for detective work. I don't mind it, the variety kept me interested."

He let out a sigh, continuing his introduction,

"I have a fox at my place called Snowflake and I am quite proud of being a gun-mage, as that trick at the river isn't the only thing I can do with my pistols."

"Interesting." Liam said, coming back into the room with the coffee. "You guys take espresso? I added espresso. Anyways, I myself have been with this force for quite some time now. They sorta use me as a side gig when their guys can't crack the case. Outside of being a detective, I specialize in being a lawyer, albeit rarely getting work there. Regardless, I was curious. Why did you two come down here? This town is pretty out of the way from where you guys hail from."
Vox (played by koobler)

"Are you kidding? Espresso is my all time favorite." Vox mused. He took one of the mugs, then lifted it to his mouth--though his helmet was in the way, and it collided with the mug a clink.

"....Agh, nevermind." He muttered. "But uh, I came here, cause I wanted to get back into my cop days. And mayyybe, just mayyyybe, I'll get to blast a goon's face off."
Lance shook his head "I'll pass on the espresso, but thanks for the offer."

He thought about his reason for a second, remembering the letter that his old colleague had sent him.

"I came here out of an old friend's recommendation, he told me of some detective work in some place I hadn't visited yet. I was curious enough and accepted it, life was slow where I lived so I set out, finding myself here."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus