Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Liam MacMillan (played by Tom_York) Topic Starter

"Alright. So, Lance. Take us to your rental. It's about a mile from here. Ill give you directions."
Lance led them outside to a decently refurbished white truck parked by the curb next to the station. Grabbing the keys from his coat pocket Lance unlocked the truck, climbing into the four-door cab. As he sat his coat shifted revealing a set of two pistols, Lance didn't notice his pistols being revealed as he put the key in and turned on the car. "Well this is the rental, not too shabby, but not as new as I would've liked when I was looking for something affordable."
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox followed him in silence.

When they had gotten to the truck, he stopped to inspect it. After Lance had unlocked it, Vox hurriedly climbed into the front passenger seat. "SHOTGUN!" He yelled. Then he paused.

"Nice dibs you got!" He said, gesturing to the now revealed pistols in his coat. "Mine are way better though." Vox buckled his seatbelt.

Liam.saw the pistols and made a mental note to inquire about them soon. "Alright. So, you really wanna get their fast, take the 408 highway. You have to pay, but who cares. Ill spot you. Take the first cut off on the right. Keep going till you see a river."
Lance looked at Vox in the seat next to him, letting out a sigh as he buckled in, following the directions Liam gave. As they drove towards the 408 highway, Lance paid the toll with some cash, saying to Liam "No no Liam, I can get it, I got enough cash stored at my place for a week's worth of food so money isn't a big concern for me." He continued driving down the road, taking the cutoff he kept driving till he hit the river. "Here we are, the river."

"Bleedin finally-- Liam started saying, before stopping himself. "Holy-- thats a body! Give me one of your guns." Liam said, holding his hand out and looking out the windows eagerly. "This may be fresh. They may still be here."
Vox (played by koobler)

Once they arrived at the river, Vox peered out the window. He too spotted a body in the distance. "I'll check it out."

Quickly, he unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door, heading outside the truck. He didn't worry too much, as he was armed, though more discreetly than Lance was.

Vox leaned forward a bit so he could get a better view of the body.
Lance quickly obliged, handing over one of his two pistols, it was black with an intricate dark blue wave design as he drew the other, he exited the car quickly and quietly.

"We should start searchin' around here quickly, who knows if the perpetrator is still here, but if he is, well it just might be the lead we need for this case." He spoke, quietly, but still loud enough to be heard by Vox and Liam.

Liam paused for a moment, admiring the gun, then nodded in agreement. "Don't shoot to kill if you see anyone." Liam said softly. He slowly exited the vehicle, holding the gun at his hip, looking around.
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox nodded to the both of them. "You guys go ahead, I'm gonna take a look at the body." He took a few steps towards it, but paused and turned to say something else.

"Holler if you need help." With a snap of his fingers, he turned back and continued on his way to the corpse near the river.

Liam continued to anxiously look around. "Lance, spread out. Vox, can you determine how long ago he died?"
Vox (played by koobler)

He stopped near the body and bent down slightly. Vox tapped his helmet. "Run an autopsy." He said. The computer quickly got to work, analyzing the body. As soon as it gave results, he let out a sigh. Then he turned to Liam.

"Thirty three minutes and twenty seven seconds ago." He told him. "Laser to the brain. All of its fried."
Lance nodded, walking about 75 meters from the truck, walking along a perimeter, pistol held at the ready. He was a trained marksman, knowing what would and wouldn't be lethal shots to a person.

"Not a soul in sight. Its fairly quiet as well, not even the sound of birds or insects." He said, noting Vox's autopsy.

Liam's fearful smile quickly turned into a rather goofy grin. "Vox my friend! I underestimated that helmet of yours dearly! Anyways, this is the earliest we got to one. Im gonna call headquarters quick. Lance, take your gun, and I want you guys to look around for anything. This is the same scene as the first. Try to find why they chose here."
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox began to get giddy as he was praised. He tried to play off his excitedness by acting all nonchalantly. It didn't really work though.

"All in a days work, boss." He said with a shrug. Then he listened to the orders and glanced at Lance. "Let's get a move on, Lancey!" He went off in a seemingly random direction.
Lance continued to walk around the perimeter, ignoring the name Vox had called him, he approached the river as he looked across. He looked at the bushes across the river, he could just barely make out a piece of maroon cloth, torn and tangled in the bushes. He debated on jumping the river, instead calling out to Vox and Liam, "Hey guys! I think I found some sort of fabric in the bushes across the river. It seems pretty out of place compared to your normal trash and litter, like something torn from a robe or a cloak."
Vox (played by koobler)

He had heard Lance yell about something about cloth. Well, at least it was enough to get his attention. He went over to Lance and stopped next to him. Then he caught a glimpse of what he was talking about.

"Definitely seems like something!" Vox tapped his helmet. "Hey, get me eyes on that." He ordered. A chime came from his helm as the image he saw of the fabric zoomed in, becoming enlarged. Now he could see it more clearly.

"....Yep, that's definitely fabric." He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "90% cotton, 10% murderer!"

Liam had a giddy smile. "If we can nail that an Oktavial was here, we have those bastards. Can you grab that or not, Lance?" Liam asked, sounding more awake then before.
Lance nodded, "I could, but I will need my other pistol back, I'm about to show you what I practiced before I became a detective." He held his hand out, having a smile, proud that he could show off his skills.

Liam smirked and placed the pistol in Lance's open hand. "Show me what you can do."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus