Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Liam MacMillan (played by Tom_York) Topic Starter

"Interesting. Anyways, welcome to town. You guys have a place to stay? I have a few extra rooms here. The agency rented this whole place out for me. They thought I had a group."
There was a small ringtone that went off, Lance quickly recognizing it, he grabbed his phone, answering it. "Hello? Yes this is Lance Faulce... What? Evicted, do I at least get a refund?" He paused for a second, "And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it?" There was another, more brief pause, followed by a sigh, "Fine, I'll run by and grab my stuff." He hung up, obviously in anger.

"Well now I don't have a place to stay! Apparently the landlord I was renting a room from got an eviction notice and told none of the people renting that he got it TWO WEEKS AGO. The worst part is I don't even get my money back from him!" He looked down in anger.

"Then, in the sense of practicality, stay here. I have extra room, and I don't pay the taxes. I see no problem here."
Vox (played by koobler)

Vox watched the whole ordeal with an unseen frown on his face. "Eviction? Rough luck, Lancey-poo," He gave Lance a few pats on the back for reassurement. "And seeing as I can mooch off of you, I'll stay here for tonight. We can tell scary stories in the dark, play truth or dare, go ghost hunting, and make s'mores!"

He got excited just thinking about it.
"Thanks, first I'm going to have to go and get my stuff from the place before it gets taken down completely. I'll be back within the hour." He started walking away, stopping by the exit "And Vox, I'll take you up on the offer to make s'mores when I get back, till then I'll see you two later" Lance walked out to the rental truck, driving off to get his stuff.

Liam yawned. "Yknow, come to think of it, I forgot to tell him I dont have any mattresses. Hope he's okay with the floor. Anyways, Vox. Ever hear of the original Oktavial case?"
Vox (played by koobler)

He looked to Liam, completely silent for a few moments as he pondered. Whilst doing his thinking, he tapped his chin. Finally, he shook his head.

"Not exactly, no. Did you work on the original case?" He asked in return.

Liam gave a little chuckle. "No, no. The original Oktavial case. The first suspected use of magic in these parts. It was decades ago. Neither of us were born, probably. Sort of a ghost story around here. Let's wait for Lance."
Lance was back in about half an hour, walking in with a suitcase and a sleeping bag, "And now would be a good time for some more coffee, nearly fell asleep at the wheel while driving back here." He laughed slightly, smiling.
Vox (played by koobler)

There was silence as he processed this new information. "Oooooh. That's a cool ghost story." He quietly remarked.

After Lance had returned, Vox turned to him. The first thing he noticed was the sleeping bag. "Oh wow! We really are having a campout!" He paused. "Agh, man! I forgot mine!"

Liam smiled. "Finally, Lance! I have a ghost story to tell. A true one. It's the original Oktavial case. Get set up."
Lance walked off before returning in seconds, stuff still in hand "Uh, where is it that I'm staying in here? It can wait if you really want to tell us your, uh, ghost story."

"Just put that sleeping bag wherever you want. I don't really have a bedroom. I sleep on the floor. Ill wait. Go make yourself a coffee if you know how to use my machine. Ill wait."
Vox (played by koobler)

"YES! Scary stories! Scary stories!" Vox began bouncing up and down like a little toddler would.
Setting his stuff against the wall, Lance made a quick cup of coffee, taking a sip before speaking. "Okay, now I'm ready to hear this story of yours."

"Fantastic." Liam said. "We used to tell this to new recruits back when it was still relatively new. The tradition lives on. Anyways, thee first Oktavial encounter. It started on a Saturday. The detective, my position now, but back then, was on the way home from a day at work. He had a wife. Two kids. He also had recently been investigating a certain case in which a child was found spouting a different tongue. No parents. Nothing. They ended up being the first member of the Oktavial cult we encountered in the force. This child kept the detective awake at night. She haunted his dreams. We figured it was just a tought case at the time. He was just losing it. He was pretty old honestly. We never expected what it was. He started seeing a therapist, okay? And they kept telling him it wasn't real. And he kept visiting. The therapist didnt care. More money. Anyways, one day, he walked into the therapy room before it was his time. Nobody knows why. Anyways, as he entered, the therapist stabbed him countless times. He died. Awfully. We figured the therapist went crazy when we first heard, but a day later he was speaking the same tongue the little girl was. Scared the shit out of the new detective. It took a month before he, or rather it started speaking english. It told us what happened exactly. It was the girl. It abandoned it's host in the little girl and possessed the detective through his dreams. It said that it ended up possessing the therapist the moment her host in our detective entered the room. We booked the therapist for insanity. It wasn't until recently that we realized that the girl was wearing an Oktavial robe. Not some rags like we thought. So, put two and two together. Did she really possess our best man?"

"Regardless, yea. That's a true story. Just so y'know what we're dealing with here."
Vox (played by koobler)

He listened to every single word in complete silence. Even after he finished, he stayed silent, processing this whole thing. That whole story really did scary him--slightly, though. Possession was serious business. Real serious business. And the Oktavials, they were real serious too.

But all Vox could say, was, "Whoa. That's heavy."
"That's... I'm not sure how to say it, it's interesting to say the least, but if you say its true, that's creepy." Lance scratched his chin in thought. This is some serious business, hope we can take it all. He thought to himself.

Liam noticed the uncertainty in the room. "Don't worry about this guys. I have confidence in you. They wouldn't send you if you weren't able to handle it."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Mystery & Magic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus