Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A special Kind of Freedom (open/ask to join)

Dave Jameson (played by Freyya)

"I've never been here before." He honestly replied. "I just followed you."
Rebecca Henlay (played by Strangedisease) Topic Starter

"Where do you go then?" She asked, always on the look out for good spots.

"I just go around town, not always looking for a certain spot. I just start running and see where I end up!" Dave smiled.

Yeah, she supposed that was a fairly typical answer. Probably one she should have forseen. It was essentially what she did as well, though she did have specific areas she favored, like this one.

Her sarcastic demeanor gone for the time being, he held out her hand. "Rebecca."

Dave smiled, and grabbed her hand, shaking it. "Dave."

She dropped his hand, and got to her feet. "Alright Dave, well...lets see what you can do."

"Lead the way," he replied.

She grinned. "Been there, done that. It's your turn to lead now."

Dave grinned. "Let's see here..." he looked around and saw a building under construction and some cranes. He then unexpectedly sped off the way he came from. He jumped out of the building, grabbing on to a loose rope hanging down from the roof. He swung to the side of the building and upon reaching the wall again, grabbed the nearest ledge he could find. Hanging from his hands alone, he used sheer strength to pull himself up in one motion. standing on the ledge, he jumped over to a nearby balcony and vaulted over it's railing. He used several horizontal flagpoles hanging from the wall to reach the next balcony, from where he used a short ladder to climb up in the roof. He ran over to one of the cranes and climbed onto it. He ran over the cran's outstretched arm, now with nothing but the street deep below him. He jumped onto the next crane's arm and slid all the way down. he landed on the next building's roof with a roll, and sped off, kicking in a nearby door. he ran inside and ended up in an industrial sort of hall. He ran towards and up a wall, kicking backwards at the highest point of his run and grabbed an overhead walkway. He looked left and right for a split second and chose to go right. There was a window and another roof at the other side right in front of him, but Dave couldn't risk smashing through it. While running, he grabbed a loose pipe and wrenched it loose, throwing it hard at the window while running.
Luckily, the window was only a small one, and it burst immediately. Dave jumped through and over a 2 meter gap, landing with a roll on the other side. Once there, he waited for Rebecca to catch up to him.

Rebecca followed with ease, though she'd been slightly frightened of going over the cranes. She be damned if she let that be known though, and hesitated for only a split second before continuing onward. She too landed in a roll, though her momentum stopped her several feet further then him. She got to her feet with ease. Her smile wide, and laughter in her eyes. "Oh you're good."

"8 years of training will do that to you!" Dave grinned.

She smiled lightly, though she was still trying to catch her breathe. She considered herself to be in good shape, but this guy was something else.

"How often do you run? like every day? Couple times a week?"

"I wake up, I eat, I run, I eat, I go to bed. There's not much else for me to do!" he smiled.

She laughed. "You don't work? Or go to school?"

"I ditched school and work as a Courier for companies, both legal and illegal." He shrugged. "Gives me a proper excuse to keep running. I'm one of the best in this city after all."

"Must be nice." If she was surprised to hear this, it didn't show. She again searched her pocket for a smoke, simply out of habit. Damn but she was addicted.

"You smoke?" Dave had noticed this move of hers before, and now she did it again.

She was embarrassed at having been caught searching for one again. "Hopelessly addicted." She admitted. Flopping herself down on the unfinished floor of the building they currently occupied.

Dave shook his head. "It's no good for a runner to be addicted to cigarettes."

Rebecca shot him a look. "Here's the deal...Dave. I don't do judgement. How 'bout you shut it where you're at."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A special Kind of Freedom (open/ask to join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus