Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A special Kind of Freedom (open/ask to join)

Dave Jameson (played by Freyya)

Dave raised his hands in defense. "Hey, don't blame me, I'm just speaking the truth. But allright, I'll stop talking about it."
Rebecca Henlay (played by Strangedisease) Topic Starter

Rebecca turned her grumpy look towards the ceiling. It would seem this was somewhat of a touchy subject for her.

"Here you go." Dave tossed her a cigarette. "I was buying them for my brother, but I'm sure he can miss one."

She gave him a surprised look, but took the cigarette, pulling her lighter out of the pocket in her sweater. "I'll return the favor next time I see you."

Dave nodded. "Sure."

She lit up and took a drag. Before she started to feel bad for snapping at him. "Thanks..." She said, for the smoke. It was as close to an apology as she would make.

"Don't mention it." he smiled at her.

She took another drag, and lay out where she'd been sitting. She seemed to like to sprawl. Take up as much room as possible.

Dave sat down next to her, casually stretching his legs and feet.

Rebecca would regard the guy next to her for several seconds, in silence, before she finally spoke up, in between puffs of the cigarette. "You wanna do this again some time?...run together I mean.."

Dave shrugged. "Why not. Are you with a crew or a team?"

Rebecca shook her head, taking one last puff of the cigarette and putting it out on the concrete floor beside her. "No, I'd don't know anyone else who does it. Everyone I know, tells me I'm stupid and suicidal."

"I used to run with a crew, but i broke away from them when I got my first job offer as a courier."

"Didn't like your job, or just not enough time?" She asked.

(sorry it took so long to reply, notifications system is screwed apparently and I'm not getting some of them.)

Dave shook his head. "Neither. The job paid well, so I decided to take it. The only catch was that I leave my crew. I was supposed to work alone so I couldn't be tracked."

(no worries, mine has been odd too)

She looked towards him in thought, "That mean you'll catch heat for running with me?" She couldn't see the difference. "What sorts of things do you deliver?"

"I honestly don't know." He smiled. "I always get a call on a safe number saying there's been a package drop in a certain building, and where it needs to be taken. When I get there, there's a strapped bag waiting for me." Dave shrugged. "I just deliver it. No questions asked."

"Man, I would hardcore fail at that job. How do you stop yourself from peeking? I'd have to know what was in the bag, it would haunt me." She admitted.

Dave smiled broadly. "I guess that explains why no-one contacted you!"

She laughed. "Probably"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A special Kind of Freedom (open/ask to join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus