Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Last Kingdom Standing

Esmee (played by CookieLurv)

There were four kingdoms and two smaller cities, four representing the four elements of the world and the two representing the light and darkness of the universe. Given that eventually the people of the water discovered that they were more powerful than the others because a majority of everything was in some form or fashion made from water. Darkness found favor in the people of water's plans to take over the other nations. With the cunning ability of the dark folk and their wolf like features they were able to take down the earth and some of the fire kingdom.
The people of light went into hiding and haven't been seen in a century and the people hope for their return to aid in the war. Wind is the last kingdom standing, but the king is starting into the route of insanity. The queen, put to death for committing adultery with a member of the dark army. Not until the child was born of course. Thus came her, Esmee Silverwing. Taking features mostly of her father and the more human like features from her mother.
But now the people of the dark want to use her unique abilities to help overpower the wind kingdom gain more power with the people of water. But the people of water didn't know of the dark's plans to take over the water kingdom after the deed was done.
Esmee (played by CookieLurv) Topic Starter

Esmee climbed the ladder up to the top of the wall her specially made hood coving her wolves ears lifted slightly making her quickly reach up and hold it against her head. Wind was almost alway blowing here in the wind kingdom. As she looked out into the south she could she all that was destroyed by the dark forces that layer in wait for her to make that mistake of going outside the protection of the castle walls.
Mia (played by EonRising)

The griffon let out a loud screech as she saw Esmee on the castle wall, not aggressive but concerned. She circled above a few times then landed next to her, her crystal encrusted collar shining a bit in the moon light as she nuzzled Esmee, who she was supposed to protect... Well, that was never an order given to her, but she felt it was her job anyway.

"I know Mia, I know. I just wanted to see the progression...." she doubted her half insane father could order a watch party. But even though the King wasn't able to give orders, didn't mean that people, of their own curiosity made enough of a watch team than would have been issued. Mia was beautiful in the way of the sun rays that lit up her feathers when Esmee looked upon her. Griffons were most popular in the wind kingdom due to it's ever flowing air currents. She had to admit though, none looked as spectacular than Mia, which she gave a small smile to. "It's not like I was going to go down there anyway-" a bit of the forest blew up in flames, almost knocking her off the wall. "Where in the blazes did that come from?!" She looked down at the site, braving the urge to run back to the castle and report the destruction of yet another part outside of their kingdom.

Mia nudged her head into Esmee's gentle hand, chirping quietly until she heard the explosion and whirled around, her wings spread wide as she looked for the source but she could only see the remains of the fiery mushroom cloud. She let out a quiet screech as she turned back to Esmee and pressed the top of her head against her, trying to push her away from the walls.

"Okay, alright. I'm going." She went with Mia's gentle pushes and put her first foot on the step ladder; looking over her shoulder at the remains of part of the forest before she began her descent downward. Down below, people were scattered. Running into the buildings and locking their doors. As they always do. Run. Hide. Slam. Lock. Esmee shook her head, would their kingdom ever fight back? "Come on Mia, lets go see father..." she looked up at Mia.
Michael (played anonymously)

However there was one in the town that didn't run. A loner it seemed, walking his path slowly, from what they could see dressed in a cloack and hood. And it was a rather impressive look at that. The cloack was of some deep brown, like a mahagony or reddish brown. It had a shimmer to it as the fabric flapped in the wind as the figure waled. The cloack was trimmed in black, the hood much of the same fabric. Whoever it was was tall, and seemed to pay no mind to the world around him.

Mia nodded and crouched low, lowering her wings and allowing for Esmee to get on her back. She kept a watchful eye on the odd, cloaked figure but other than that payed him no more mind than he did to she. As long as he did nothing to harm Esmee, all was well with Mia's world.

Esmee hardly noticed the strange man, if it weren't for Mia's strange behavior she wouldn't have. She had thought everyone had ran inside their houses. She wanted to confront the man, but there were more pressing matters to tend to. Climbing carefully onto the back of the griffin, Esmee eyed the man. Maybe he was there to help.

After making sure Esmee was secure on her back, Mia let out a loud screech and took off, forgetting about the man as she flew back to the castle, flying as low as she could to avoid any attacks from the invaders and their siege weapons.

She loved riding on Mia's back as they flew in the air. But looking down at the almost desolate kingdom had her stomach in twists. As they got closer to the entrance doors, the sun was beginning to set and people were slowly making their way back outside again. "Mia, are you coming in or staying out here?" She stroked the feathers on the griffin's neck.

The griffin looked dep in thought for a moment, lettin out a happy cooing sound as her neck was stroked before nudging the door open with her beak and ushering Esmee inside then followed behind her.
Laine (played by Freyya)

"Esmee!" Laine yelled from the end of the hallway.
Laine and Esmee didn't talk that much, but they had met every now and then. Laine was an ex- Green walker, a mercenary corps that betrayed the air kingdom as soon as earth fell. Laine had decided to stay, however.
"What was that explosion? The captain wouldn't allow me to go out."

Esmee turned her attention from Mia to Laine. "Half the forest is missing. I believe it may have been an attempt to scare us...and by the way our people scurried around like scared cats, I believe it may have worked." She look aggravatedly at the castle walls. Her ears, hidden under the hood, laid flat against her head.

Mia greeted Laine with a friendly squawk as he approached and stood loyally at Esmee's side, her eyes darting back and forth in anticipation of some sort of attack, her ears pricked forwards, listening for some sound that could be a threat to her master:
Laine (played by Freyya)

Laine saw Mia's watchfulness. "Calm down Mia, we're fine here." he smiled, and turned back to Esmee. "I take it you are on your way to your father?"
Dexter Talbot (played by Jiubei)

Dexter hacked and coughed as he picked himself off the ground. He groaned half in pain, half in annoyance. He knew he had blacked out but he was not sure for how long. The last thing he remembered was testing a new magitech prototype before it went critical and exploded.

"Nibbles!" He called out to his cat familliar, "Nibbles! You all right?"

There was not response, leading Dexter to get a lump in his throat as he expects the worst. "Don't worry, old friend. I can patch you back up once I get you back to the Medlab", and Dexter began to wander about the smoke in confusion to look for his friend.

But as the smoke clears, Dexter began to realize, he was not in his lab any more. The ground below him was... soft, made of dirt. A strong wind swept through the area finally pushing most of the smoke away, and Dexter widened his eyes in horror. He was not in his lab, he seems to be in the centre of a crater, fires just beginning to die down. He thinks that he was near the forest gauging by the large trees just outside the blast radius. But more distressing was the feeling that Dexter had as he looked around.

He was no longer in his world.

She nodded, "I was." she laid a hand on the griffin's head. It was safe to take off the hood inside the castle walls. All the maids and care keepers knew of her heritage. In which, she shook off the the whole cloak, revealing her armor and her wolf ears. "I am hoping I can get a search party out there. But with no commander for our troops it will be a bit more difficult to gather some soldiers." she rested her arm on the hilt of her sword. Her hip tilted to the side as her tail swayed in more aggravation.

Why was everything so difficult these days? She walked pass Laine and towards the main hallway leading up to her father's doors where he sat on his throne talking about rain having feet and other such nonsense. She didn't have to open the doors to hear his loud booming voice. Esmee was sure everyone within the castle could hear her babbling father.
Dexter Talbot (played by Jiubei)

Dexter quickly reached for his belt, but he was only wearing his regular one. He cursed under his breath, remembering that he took off his Teleporter when he was doing his tests. What was worst was that he could not feel his magical link to the Archives, so he had no idea where he is nor would anybody who would look for him. He could not even call up any weaponry to defend himself from the Archive storage unit.

Things are getting from bad to worst he thought. He then rubbed his fingers together and chanted softly, calling upon a small fire to burst up from his hand. A small fire sparked to life in his hands, and Dexter breathed a sigh of relief while snuffing the flames by closing his hands. At least he could still cast magic. And the fact that information about his surroundings was slowly being fed to him meant that his Psychometry was still at full power.

But he needed a weapon. Dexter could not cast any offensive magic unless he had some form of weaponry on his hands. He rummaged through his pockets and felt the holster on his back. He drew the gun, a 6 bullet revolver and checked the chambers. No bullets...

Dexter groaned again. He could cast magic through the gun but it still would mean that he had to depend on his mana than anything else. He began to walk towards the forest, he could not keep idling in the middle of a smoking crater. He was pretty sure that that would have caught someone's attention.
Laine (played by Freyya)

Laine followed her and Mia close behind. It wasn't long before he as well could hear the king's voice. If only he'd recollect his senses properly...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Last Kingdom Standing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus