Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Take-over protocol (1x1)

Jayce Willow (played by Freyya)

Steam-city, the first city that fully functioned on the new-found steam technology discovered by the renowned Dr. Davies, had been conquered.

The imperial army had waltzed into the city five days ago, using Tanks and Walkers in a blitzkrieg tactic. The outer city was quickly laid to waist: no life remained there. The centre of the city, however, seemed rather important to the imperials. They used nothing more than Foot-soldiers and minor explosives used for breach and enter missions. This gave the defenders some extra time, since it was their ground, but on the fifth day it was all over.

General Ayron of the Imperial Forces was put in command of the city, being left behind with a large force of peacekeepers. The rest of the army moved on.
All of the surviving citizens of Steam-city who did not submit to imperial rule were taken out to a dividing facility. This "dividing" was what the imperials called "Take-over protocol". It was meant to split the possibly dangerous subjects from the weaker ones. The dangerous ones would immediately be executed and thrown into mass graves, and the others were shipped of to the mines several miles south.

--

Ayon and Ayan were pushed and shoved around the line on the way to the dividing centre. There was a long line, and all of the prisoners were being pushed in the same direction, with no idea where they'd be taken to. There were rumors of mass graves and mines, but none had been confirmed.
Ayan was sobbing softly, and her elder brother Ayon just held her close to him as they slowly got closer to the newly erected building before them.
Among the other interesting creatures and aliens that were in the city during the attack, and were now in line waiting for their fate, Inashia was probably the one that stood out. The naga was tall, because of her long snaking tail, and the bright orange-red of her scale and hair were quite attention-getting. The rumors she heard made her nervous. She would be deemed dangerous based on her size. After all, if she wanted to fight, she would certainly be quite the formidable foe.

However, Inashia didn't want to fight. She was far too scared. She had never been a very violent creature. She saw two children ahead of her, the little girl crying. She lowered herself closer to the ground and slithered towards them. "Hey...it's okay. Don't worry. They obviously want us alive...so it's going to be okay. Just a little hard. But you can handle hard, right? You look like a good, strong girl." She smiled gently. She knew she might appear scary to them, but her voice was gentle and sweet.
Jayce Willow (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

Ayan looked up at the Naga with a wondorous look on her face. Ayon, as always didn't trust the sudden newcomer, and he didn't hide it either.
Inashia just continued to smile, moving along in line with them. "It's okay. Oh, I'm Inashia by the way." She held out her hand, slowly and carefully so they didn't get scared. "See? I'm a friend. What's your name, you two?" She looked between them, not deterred by Ayon's distrusting stare.

"I'm Ayon," the boy replied. "This is my sister Ayan." he still held his arm protectively around his sister's shoulder. Ayan rested her head against her brother, still sobbing quietly.
Inashia smiled gently. Ayon...Ayan. What pretty names!" She lowered herself a little more, trying to be less intimidating to the children. "Ayan, shhh. It's okay. You don't need to cry." She smiled softly. "I'll protect you. I'll make sure you and your brother stay together and stay safe, okay? I promise." She held out her pinky finger towards the little girl. There was no way she was going to let them hurt such a sweet, precious child.

Ayan nodded. She wiped some of the tears away, but her eyes were still watery when she wrapped her little finger around hers.
Inashia smiled, then pulled her hand away and straightened. They were getting closer and closer in the line, so she wanted to pay attention. She had made them a promise, after all, and she wasn't going to break it.

Ayan just clutched to her brother's side. If there was one thing she was afraid of, it was losing her big brother.
Ayan and Ayon reached the front of the line. The man gave them one look and sent them with the survivors, to work in the mines. They were small and weak, but that meant they could get in the small crevices that adults couldn't. When Inashia came up, he nearly threw her into the to-die side right away. But then he noticed how she shrunk away from those armed, and how she was rather...docile. The man considered this potential aspect. She didn't seem violent, and someone of her size could carry the larger loads for the coal mine. He sent her off with the children, hoping it didn't come back to bite him someday.

Inashia slithered up to the two kids and smiled softly. "..see? It's okay. We'll be together, and I'll protect you."

For a second there, the siblings thought they were safe. That relief quickly turned however, as the guard called them back. Two more soldiers came to their spot in the line and each plucked one of the two siblings from their places. Ayan screamed and reached for her brother, but the soldiers kept them firmly in place.

When the captain reached them, he looked at the two intently before taking out a scanner. He started scanning their eyes and fingerprints. Both Ayon and Ayan were waiting not-so-patiently. When the guard was done, he said something to the soldiers in a foreign Language. As he walked away again towards an office, the two soldier told them to sit down on the ground and not to move. Their guns were loosely aimed at the both of them.
Inashia paused and watched carefully. She wasn't going to keep going, not until the kids were safe. She watched, carefully, and moved a little bit closer. Waiting. Why were the children of interest to them? They were just kids. But if those guns even looked like they were about to fire, she would act quickly.

One of the guards shifted his aim. "Keep your distance, Naga!" He spat the last word, as if he loathed Inashia's kind.
Inashia shrunk back slightly from the guard, coiling lower to the ground, submissively. She didn't come closer, but she didn't get any further away. She watched, waiting for the man in charge to come back out, or give an order, or something. She waited. Watched. For once behaving like a true naga, her eyes locked on her 'prey', body secretly tense and prepared.

The guard captain came out again and talked to the guards for a short while. He then gave an order then dissappeared.
The two soldiers helped the siblings up and cut ther bonds, pushing the both of them quickly back in line.
Inashia gave a sigh of relief, reaching out to bring the children closer to her. "There, see? It's alright...it's alright. Everything's safe." she smiled softly, reassuringly at the two and pet the little girl's head. "I'm watching out for you, I won't let them hurt you." she whispered.

Ayan nodded slowly.
Ayon looked down, deep in thoughts. How did they not get picked out, he wandered. After all, they were the governor's children...
Inashia held out an arm, ushering them along the line gently. "Come on, let's keep going." She didn't want the men to get angry. "It'll be okay. I promise."

Ayon and Ayan held eachothers hands tightly as they followed the lines to the mine transport.
Inashia got into the transport with them, curling up around them to take up less room and to protect them. She wanted to have some small talk, but she felt like they would just be upset again so she stayed quiet for now.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Take-over protocol (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus