Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Snakepeople (1x1)

(Couldn't think of a better name... XD)

Inashia was napping, curled up in her cage and letting the sun seep down onto her body. She was a bit squished in the cage, since she was so big, but it was enough for her tail to be coiled and her upper body to be able to rest on her tail. The noises of the carts went on around her as slavers made their way to the nearby slave market. Her cage rocked and wiggled on the cart, but it was secured to the wagon by chains. She wasn't the only slave being brought by the slavers, but she certainly was the most attention-getting. Big, bright and red.

The slavers were talking to each other, excited about the money they were about to get. They had many good slaves, and they knew the exotic Inashia was sure to fetch them a very good price. The group traveled along the dirt road towards the town on the bright, sunny day. Surely nothing wrong could happen?
Other characters (played by EonRising)

Oh how wrong they were.
Te'van hid silently in the bushes, yellow orb glowing in his hand as he waited for the horses to pass then launched a bolt of electricity right in front of them, scorching the earth. He quickly slithered towards the back of the carriage, sword drawn and he cut the chains an locks holding the cages.
Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

The horses reared back, surprised by the sudden explosion. The slavers rushed to calm the horses. All the movement woke Inashia, and she sat up, looking around. What was going on? That was when she spotted Te'van, and gasped. A naga! She gripped the bars of her cage, just as he cut the chains and locks. Which meant that, with the weight on one end, her cage fell right off the wagon! Inashia yelped, the clanging of her cage instantly alerting the slavers to Te'van and his attempts. "Hey, stop!!" They drew their weapons and rushed him.

Te'van whipped them with his massive tail, sending them sprawling and started working on getting the other cages loose and setting their inhabitants free before slicing the lock on Inashia's cage in half and opening the door.
"Go! Go!"

Inashia stared at Te'van in surprise, then quickly slithered out of her cage. She paused, however. She didn't know where to go! The others just ran, but she looked around in confusion. She wasn't sure where she was, or where she should go. She was in a near daze.

Te'van groaned and grabbed her hand, slithering away with surprising speed as he pulled her along.

Inashia gasped in surprise as they were suddenly slithering off, looking at Te'van carefully. One of her kind! She didn't often see that. She was confused, however, as to where they were going. Where could they go? She watched over her shoulder, at all the devastation and destruction he had caused to those slavers. She knew she was capable of that strength as well. But fighting had never...come naturally to her. Finally, her attention went back to her rescuer.

"..who are you?"

"Te'van, escape master extraordinaire, at your service," he said with a small bow as they slithered along. He quickly pulled her into some bushes were they we're both hidden and he coiled up loosely in front of her.
"I haven't seen a lamia get captured in a long time. What happened to you?" he asked as he examined a deep cut on his arm.

Inashia smiled as he introduced himself, and she stayed coiled in the bushes with him. "Te'van, it's nice to meet you. I'm Inashia." When he posed the question, she gave a little shrug. "I got capture--" She gasped as she saw his arm. "You're hurt!!" She reached over and took it, pulling it closer. "You're hurt...you need to get to a nurse, or an infirmary, or something." She looked at him worriedly.

He blushed a bit then pushed her away and whispered a quick spell and a white orb appeared in his hand. He pressed the orb into his arm and the light dissipated as the wound sealed, leaving only a faint scar. His body was covered in similar scars, both on his human and snake portions.
"Restoartion magic comes in handy," he shrugged, "Alright Inishia...? You were saying?"

Inashia smiled as he healed himself. "Ah...that's good! I'm glad." When he prodded her to finish, she blinked. "Oh. Well, I was captured. That's really all it is. I'm not very...well, I don't like fighting. So..." She sighed and then looked around. "So...what happens?" She wasn't sure what was going on. She was saved, but what now?

"I'd think you'd have tried to defend yourself at least," he shook his head, "Well, you can come with me or you can go your own way. I don't care."

Inashia shook her head slightly. "I don't fight. If I tried to defend myself, they'd just attack harder, and hurt me more. It's better to just let it go." She looked at him curiously. "Where are you going?"

"Wherever there are more like us to save," he said with a shrug and uncoiled, "You gonna tag along?"

Inashia thought for a moment, then smiled. "Yes. I would like to tag along. Maybe I could help?"

He smiled at her, happy she decided to come along.
"Maybe you can," he agreed.

"So...Te'van, tell me about yourself." She looked at him. He was a stranger, but he was nice, and he'd saved her. She wanted to know more about him! She simply followed him on his way, as he led them along.

"Well..." he scratched his chin thoughtfully, "I'm the oldest of four children... Um... I'm very proud of my heritage: only nagas. My occupation is freeing enslaved anthro's, anthro-humans and others like you and me. I excel in healing and destruction magic, specifically electricity," he smiled warmly at her.

Inashia listened to him, smiling widely. "Really? Wow! That sounds so great. It's so nice of you to go around helping everyone, Te'van." She was glad to know that there was someone out there like that. Someone kind and selfless. "It's a good thing you have healing, with that occupation."

"Yeah, lots of scars," he said and pointed to a particularly large one that ran down the right side of his chest and then over the side of his snake body, reaching almost to the tip of his tail. "I met a slaver who was a werewolf... And liked using swords... Big big swords. That wasn't a fun battle."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Snakepeople (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus