Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Clash of Steel [1x1]

The ruckus in the Gaudy Gosling Pub was louder than usual as one of its many bartenders took an exception to a certain interloper in their midst. A worn, tested, and proven traveler, Arien Chase had found himself a place with good food, good-looking women, and a nice atmosphere to crash in on. Unfortunately, they took exception to his patronage when he flirted with the wrong girl at the wrong time and managed to earn the ire of not only the boyfriend, but the bartender who apparently was the father of the girl.

The double doors of the pub opened just as a blue-cloaked man hurled threw them, landing heavily in the dirt as two men advanced on him. Arien quickly regained his feet, shuffling back a few steps with his hands up in front of him. "Hey-hey, look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any harm... I'll just be going." He was fairly certain he'd seen another pub down the way where he might get better food anyway.

He turned to leave, his cloak flaring out briefly to reveal a blue-sapphire studded hilt on a sword as he headed for the next pub.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza had just walked into the same street. She saw Arien get thrown out, and shook his head in disbelief. "Men..." she muttered.

Eliza had a rather unusual appearance. Or at least, she did for where she came from. She had no clue about women's fashion in this strange land, nor did she care. She wore a short blue skirt and linnen bindings instead of the common shirt. On top of that she wore a light black trench coat that reached just below her skirt, but she let it hang open. She wore her one handed sword sheathed on her back.

She walked up to him and hit him on the shoulder with her fist. Not too hard, but hard enough to surprise. "Trying to kiss the wrong girls? My, but those bouncers did seem friendly!" She grinned broadly.
Arien Chase (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Arien flinched at the attack and spun to find himself confronted by a most unusual sight. A young woman dressed curiously--obviously she wasn't from around here--and he caught the glint of a hilt above her shoulder. Interesting.

At her comment, however, he couldn't stop the grin that crossed his face. "What makes you think I was kissing a girl?" He chanced a brief glance over his shoulder to ensure that the bouncers hadn't followed him and satisfied they had gone back inside, added, "Too friendly; I think they've forgotten how to make friends." Turning back to her: "Besides, I was just talking to her; no harm in that, is there? My name's Arien, what's yours?"
Eliza (played by Freyya)

"Depends on the way you talked to her!" The girl smiled again. "I'm Eliza."

That cocky grin on his face grew wider, his blue eyes sparking with delight. "Is your arm as fast as your tongue?" he asked, jerking his chin at the sword on her back. "Or is it just for show?"

He was going to get into trouble at some point, but it had been a while since he'd met a spitfire like himself. And he was having fun.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza's eyebrow raised for a second as she looked at him. Then, suddenly her blade was in her hand and against his neck. The cold steel touched his skin, but not in a way that would even scratch him. "You can be the judge of that yourself." She looked at him seriously for a while, then winked and sheathed her blade.

That blade was only against his neck for an instant before he teleported back, about three feet, giving himself some more room. And that cocky grin was officially wiped off his face, replaced with a glint of challenge.

"Huh, so maybe you know a thing or two about swords," he conceded, his tone one of respect. "Are you heading anywhere in particular?"
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza was startled by the teleport. "Ehm.. nowhere particular." she regained her stature. "I'm just travelling."

Most people were surprised by his ability and he didn't usually make a habit of it, unless he was startled into making a snap decision as he had then.

"I'm traveling too. Been hunting and tracking wolves for a while, then moved on to just...keeping busy." He shrugged, but there was the briefest flicker of sorrow deep in his eyes. "Did you just get into town or have you been here for some days?"
Eliza (played by Freyya)

"I just got here," she said. She saw the sorrow in his eyes, but made no comment to it.

"I see. Well, if you're looking for a place to stay, there's a cozy inn up that way," he pointed at the street behind him, "where I'm staying. And if you're hungry, I know just the place to go!" Or not go, as the case was more than likely.

"I'm actually on my way to catch a bite to eat, if you wanted to join me." It was an offer; meant nothing more than just two swords-folk eating a meal together and conversing. And he wanted to figure out how she'd gotten so good with a sword.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza cocked hair head to the side as she thought about his offer. Why not?
"Allright," she said. "As long as you don't get the bouncers to 'excited'!" She winked playfully at Arien.

He snorted. "I don't get them excited on purpose! It's not my fault they're bored and look for an excuse to throw a man out." He grinned at her wink and added, "I'll behave nicely for you, though. It would be a shame to tarnish your reputation."

He led her to the next pub which was active and lively, but not quite raucous. Not yet, anyway. "After you, m'lady." He opened the door for her and bowed briefly, sweeping his arm out for her to enter first.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

"Why thank you, M'lord!" she entered, smiling, and walked up to the bar, motioning for Arien to follow her.

Beaming, he accompanied her into the bar and up to the counter. It was odd, he reflected, in walking in with a woman rather than entering on his own. It felt good, he decided.

He hailed the barkeeper for them and ordered an ale and an appetizer. The latter to make up for his earlier lack of a meal, before plopping down onto a stool with a sigh.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza just ordered some water and sat next to her new found friend. "So... where are you from?"

Arien shifted to look at Eliza; his grin flickering briefly. "Eh, I'm from a small town a good week's journey to the west. I don't really have anything holding me there, so I like to get out and travel."

He arched a brow. "How about yourself?" The bartender set the appetizer down before him and he scooted it a little closer to Eliza. "Help yourself." It was small bits of roasted, seasoned chicken.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza thanked him for the chicken and took a piece. she chewed on it for a while before responding. "I'm from the southern kingdoms." She said passively. The sothern kingdoms were a total of 1 and a half year travelling on foot.

Arien chewed as well, enjoying the flavor of the chicken but finding it lacked something. He reached into his cloak and pulled out a vial or some red, noxious liquid. When he popped the cork, an astringent hot and sour smell wafted forth and he dumped a liberal amount on the chicken he was holding. He took another bite and then nodded satisfactorily to himself. Much better.

He paused in mid chew, eyes widening when Eliza said where she'd come from. "S-souther Kingdom? What brings you all the way up here?" He found himself wanting to go there now--however long it would take to get there.
Eliza (played by Freyya)

Eliza thought about how she'd best reply. She looked down as she answered.
"My parents were killed in a bandit raid about two years ago. I was 15 back then, and dead scared. I ran away and was allowed refuge at an old swordsman's home. He trained me for half a year untill I got tired of the place, and started northwards." She looked up again. "and here I am!" she smiled slightly.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Clash of Steel [1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus