Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » You are not Welcome in the Welspire

Yaoh Baozhai (played by koroni) Topic Starter

"That's the spirit," said Baozhai brightly to Gimbold, though that was only sort of the spirit she was thinking of.

As Arianna left, obvious delight lit her white eyes. No locals to hear her made this a lot easier.
Baozhai turned back to Rebecca and, with a lowered voice, said, "The Welspire, of course. It's the only thing of interest, well..." She spread her arms backwards, causing her body to tilt. "... anywhere around here. The mere fact that everyone here is trying to keep me away from it is enough of a reason to go."

(( feel like it's my obligation as a creator to give this one good bump ;') ))
Gimbold (played by Amicitia)

((I’m still here but I’m not sure if I should respond))
Under Construction (played by koobler)

((man, we can't let this die; papa kooblu to the rescue))

"No problem kid." Krystal said with a nod. "But if you try and pickpocket anyone or do anything unlawful, I'll roast you up nice and make you my lunch." She let out a big laugh as if it were a joke. No. It really was a threat—just a really lighthearted one because of her usual demeanor.

The half dragon paused, immediately turning her head towards Baozhai and Rebecca. She had pretty damn good hearing, and getting anything past her was nearly impossible. "Honestly, I was waiting for some agreement! This place is boring! That tower is the only thing that's worth anything here!"

((would hate to lose another before it even starts!))

Baozhai's eyes lit up (metaphorically, in this case - one could barely see them glowing in the daytime). "Ahh, now that's what I was hoping to hear!" In the air, she weaved past Rebecca and took Krystal's hand with a charming grin. "My name is Yaoh Baozhai and it's a pleasure to meet you." She raised Krystal's hand, planted a kiss on the back of it, then let it fall, straightening her body out, looking down.
"Now don't go telling the shopkeep this," she said, voice quiet and smooth, "but I'm heading into Welspire tonight. And I certainly would go in by myself, but I find, in situations like this, a little company might be warranted."

Krystal blinked, staring at Baozhai as she took her hand and kissed it. Whoa. Straight to the point with the friendliness. She didn't know what it was, but Krystal liked it somewhat. The half dragon grinned happily, showing off her set of razor sharp teeth.

"Nice to meet you too! I'm Krystalline. Krystalline Incaeda. Everyone just calls me Krystal, though." She quickly introduced.

Then she leaned in a bit, lowering her own voice, "....And yes. I would definitely love to go with you. It'll give me a chance to get a good vacation adventure before I get back." Then she perked up, remembering something. "Oh, hey, I just remembered!"

Krystal reached back, then pulled out an envelope. It was a pleasant shade of jade green with an intricate pattern. A red ribbon was wrapped around it.

"This is a formal invitation for Mudan's Guild, located in Jiaozhu in the Eastern Kingdom. We're always looking for new members, and you definitely look like you can hold your own in a fight." She informed with another razor sharp grin, offering the envelope to Baozhai.
Rebecca Hellion (played by DearCharlie)

Rebecca sighed and shook her head, smiling even though she was pushed away. She turned towards the duo, introducing herself into the group. "Nice to meet you both," Rebecca laughed, "name's Rebecca."
She fluttered over, tail whipping back and forth, held up behind her back.
"You guys don't mind if I join y'all on your journey to the Welspire," she asked, lowering her voice to prevent the unwanted from hearing.

At the envelope, Baozhai appeared to completely short circuit for a moment, smile vanishing and just staring for the better part of three seconds. Then she seemed to come around - her smile rose again, a weak smirk, and she breathed a laugh and looked away. "I'm flattered, but you shouldn't go around offering things like that to complete strangers. Offer it again once we get out of the Welspire in one piece."

She twisted in the air, without taking the envelope, smiling at Rebecca as if she expected this. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Rebecca. It would be an honour." She straightened up, drifting back towards her table and her weapon. "If you two aren't there by nightfall, I'm leaving without you, though~"

She cast a sidelong glance at Gimbold - she was a bit concerned the kid would spread the word all over town and have an angry mob after them, but that was the worst case scenario. A small mob wouldn't stand in her way.

"Agh, right. Stupid Incaeda." She stuffed the paper back into her pocket. Krystal was silent as Baozhai greeted the other person (now known as Rebecca), and she gave a little wave to her as a silent greeting. The next words spoken made her laugh slightly.

Krystal nodded a bit, crossing her arms. "I'm definitely going to be there. You can count on it." Her eyes trailed slightly to the little rodent she gave money to. If she was behing honest, the little one didn't look all too threatening. But judging books by their covers got no one anywhere.

"Hey, I've never been late for an adventure," Rebecca smiled, "and this ain't gonna be my first. I'll be there."
She glanced around at the others in earshot, hoping that they wouldn't cause trouble. But if they were anything like Rebecca, not causing trouble wasn't an option.
Gimbold (played by Amicitia)

Well Gimbold wasn't going to be left out of an adventure, when the adults weren't looking she'd slip away but she'd certainly be at the base of the Welspire... curious and lurking quietly when the time came!

"Not stupid," chided Baozhai, lifting the remains of her cup of tea. "You just caught me off-guard with the offer. I..." She tilted her head side to side. "... Perhaps I'll explain later."
She turned around and raised the cup in a bit of a toast, looking between Rebecca and Krystal - and even casting a sidelong smile at Gimmy. "I'd expect nothing less." She finished what remained of the tea, set it down, slung her bag onto her shoulder, and finally rested her halberd onto her shoulder.

With a bit of a nod, Baozhai set off down the main street. They had an afternoon to kill, and Baozhai would spend her time at the very edge of town, at the back of some old building, within eyeshot of the tower. She'd spend her time there doing a few preemptive preparations.

(UHH feel free to check out the town or talk to anyone else there or just head over to the Welspire and we'll kick it off! Hopefully Ari will join us before then!'')
((I’m here, just been busy with school work to write out a response))

((That time of year haha! glad to hear ur still around, no pressure to hop in before ur ready! Gl with exams!!))
((Thanks! I’ll be more active in the afternoon, especially weekends if that helps. (Doing homework stuff rn) ))

((Ay, twinsie!
Except I'm still dealing with culminatings. That's why I have such short posts.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » You are not Welcome in the Welspire

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus