Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh hai thar

Hullo! I've known about RPR for a while. I joined a month back, but I've only just decided to make a character profile and give this a try. Still a little lost and confused, but I hope to meet some new roleplayers here.

I'm from The Keep like a few people I see coming in. Used to doing live posts with 200-300 words, but I'm okay with forum RP too. As for genres, I'm recently more into steampunk and fantasy, but I've gone all across the board.
*hug* c:!
That's... that's a lot of words D: On my best day, I did 756 some words lol
*brain implode*
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Welcome to RPR, we're all friendly here.

You mentioned being a bit lost, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
Sanne Moderator

I didn't know people counted posts by the amount of words! :D That's kinda awesome.

Hihi~ and welcome!
Yuka

I tend to do it via how many para XD Still, it's interesting to see variety in how people do what.
Welcome to RPR!
Kim Site Admin

We also have "live" posting too, by the by! At the top of threads, there's a button that says "Launch Chat" that will turn any forum topic into something more like a chat room.

Welcome to RPR! Like Darth said, if you're lost, just ask. :)
Hmmm...yeah i am so late but that ok. I like to make an entrance. *dramatic anime pose with lots of lightning effects explosions and so forth* ha! Yes anyways. Welcome to RPR and yeah. What everyone else said.
Ashe Topic Starter

It's easier for me to say 200-300 words, because for me, that can be 1-3 paragraphs. On The Keep, it's more common to just shove everything into one megaparagraph which is counted by "blocks" or words. When I think about it... that's not a lot, is it? I generally end up with 5-10 in forum posts, I think.

Thanks to everyone's welcomes. It's refreshing to see kind people in an intro post.

[edit] I also just realized that I'm doing that thing where I measure my quality by the quantity of my posts! Considering it was an obvious ploy to advertise myself to the community, I'll say that I'm no Tolkien, but I can hold my own.
SeraphicStar

I'm a very slow poster who makes very small posts that aren't very good. And still, everyone in RPR puts up with me. That's how awesome we are.

Welcome! :D
I choose to judge people's writing ability solely by their avatars

So, clearly you must be the best roleplayer on this entire site
SeraphicStar

I dunno, darth_angelus's hat IS quite awesome.
damn, got me there
Welcome Ashe! I can testify that she's a good writer; I've played with her quite a bit. And like Ashe, I'm a TK player with the paras and lotsa words and stuff.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh hai thar

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus