Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » LFRP - AO Non-Sexual Themes Button

I also have to add my own two cents on the different forums idea: If there were two separate forums, how would we go about separating the current topics that don't have sexual scenes from the ones that do?

Sometimes it's not as simple as filtering out who's selected the "includes sexual themes" button, and who hasn't. I've seen many an ad that asks for sexual themes, but doesn't have the button selected. People would still come across sexual ads because those who wrote it haven't pressed the "sexual themes" button.

It's also not as easy as word filtering either. Many non-sexual ads include the word "smut" or "sex" in their warnings, so I think they would fall into the sexual forum by accident. So even if we did have separate forums, there would be the problem of separating the topics that are already on display now.

Despite understanding the sentiment behind it, I'm not for the separate forums idea either. It feels othering and exclusionary to those of us who write out more sexual scenes on occasion, or are simply open to the possibility of it coming up in a storyline. There would also be a lot more hassle for Kim involved by separating all the forum topics available, even if we're only doing the active ones. However, I am all in 100% on having a Non-Sexual Themes button. That would make things so much easier for everyone!
Kyce

Just putting my tidbit here, (hopefully not too late)

How about a percentage thing? So users can filter through i.e 100% nsfw content, 80-50-20-0- etca nd make it an obligatory filler for forums before posting, that way folks can filter just how much nsfw they're going for. I personally love smut/nsfw stuff, but I also want a plot inbetween and would appreciate a filter to get a more direct amount. Instead of settling for All or nothing.
Cacophony Topic Starter

Kyce wrote:

How about a percentage thing? So users can filter through i.e 100% nsfw content, 80-50-20-0- etca nd make it an obligatory filler for forums before posting, that way folks can filter just how much nsfw they're going for. I personally love smut/nsfw stuff, but I also want a plot inbetween and would appreciate a filter to get a more direct amount. Instead of settling for All or nothing.

What counts as NSFW, though? I like playing gore, but I don't like playing sexual scenes, so if I want a super gory scene I'd end up with the idea that I'm looking for sexual RP.

I still think the button might work, but we could add in a fourth:
Non-sexual, fade-to-black, some sexual, heavy sexual
Cacophony wrote:
Kyce wrote:

What counts as NSFW, though? I like playing gore, but I don't like playing sexual scenes, so if I want a super gory scene I'd end up with the idea that I'm looking for sexual RP.

Tbh, I think what they meant was, have a slider specifically for each of one or more themes that might make an RP NSFW.

Like, the one for sexual content would be--0 being don't want it, 10% being a slight 'maybe,' 50% being want it but not the sole focus, and 100% of course being definitely want it and want it to be pure smut.

And for gore, 0 would be 'don't want it,; 10% might mean you're fine with someone getting cut or slashed and bleeding but not vividly describing death/maiming scenes, 100% means you want a gore-fest XD
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
Cacophony wrote:
Kyce wrote:

Tbh, I think what they meant was, have a slider specifically for each of one or more themes that might make an RP NSFW.

Like, the one for sexual content would be--0 being don't want it, 10% being a slight 'maybe,' 50% being want it but not the sole focus, and 100% of course being definitely want it and want it to be pure smut.

And for gore, 0 would be 'don't want it,; 10% might mean you're fine with someone getting cut or slashed and bleeding but not vividly describing death/maiming scenes, 100% means you want a gore-fest XD

I like the slider idea It would be nice to implement how much sex you are hoping for but I think the four button options would be nicer.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » LFRP - AO Non-Sexual Themes Button

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus