Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Sickness Below - Destiny RP

Lelua (played by Coccotina)

Caught off guard by a small dip in the ground, Lelua's eyes widened as she just managed to catch herself from falling. Her arms reached up to re-adjust her oversized helmet to allow her to once again see clearly. Beneath her breath she cursed her own hastiness in purchasing the improperly sized equipment before her ghost popped up for a brief "I told you so...". At least luck was on her side that all the other pieces of equipment fit her so well.

"I really don't see what's so great about being out here. It's so barren and dull and-" her rambling came to an abrupt halt as a loud cacophony sounded off in the distance. Finally. Excitement at last. Brief curiosity followed by an intense excitement lit up her eyes. "Please Lelua, don't tell me you're going to investigate. That's obviously a very bad sign that's none of our business," her ghost pleaded. To its dismay she gripped her handcannon and burst into a sprint toward the source of the sound. Danger was the last thing on her mind as she ran into the complex.

With the sound of the explosion still ringing through the enclosure, she turned a corner and froze. Before her was an exo and a fallen, face to face. Her excitement turned to fear. She had never seen a fallen outside of the illustrated books in the Tower. From her distance, she couldn't quite make out the situation properly. Her imagination got the better of her recalling the stories guardian's had shared of the fallen and the recent explosion she heard, and she feared for the exo's life.

As her fight-or-flight responses initialized, she felt her legs propel her forward toward the duo, unaware of the other fallen in the vicinity. With her handcannon at the ready and her voice shaky, she tried to muster any heroism she had in her "Get away from the exo!" She emphasized her point by nodding to the hand cannon she had aimed at the downed fallen. However, she slowly lowered her weapon as she realized the grave state of the strange creature.

"What.. what is going on... here", she mumbled to herself, glancing about at the surrounding debris.

((OoC: I assumed much of the fallen unit - since you said it was a small unit- that had entered the complex had died after the firefight with Echo and the taken and so Lelua didn't run into any of them. Don't be afraid to correct me if that's wrong and I can rewrite! I also realize I wrote a little too much here but my future replies will be shorter. I had to write a little extra in order to get caught up in the story. [: ))
Velkres (played by RodoWodo)

(your post is fine don't worry also no worries cool i understand irl things happen)
Velkres was in rough shape. It was clear that being strangled and thrown by the taken Cabal truely did a number on him. His breaths was barely audible but what can be heard was clearly labored and in pain. Another notable thing was the nasty crack on Velkres's helmet signifying he probably struck his head on impact this is also supported with the evidence of blood pooling out of the helmet. Aside from that blood it is slightly difficult to determine all of his injuries but there was one rather interesting thing with the captain, his upper left arm. The arm around the area the cabal grabbed him was black and void-like similar to the taken themselves. Almost suggesting that the taken was trying to convert the fallen unit.
Echo-14 (played by CoolShortie) Topic Starter

Echo turned his head at the sound of someone else running into the complex's room. He didn't move when the guardian raised her weapon, not away from the form on the ground, at least. He looked back at the Captain, seeing the crack in his helmet. It had protected him from the impact with the wall, and it was probably doing more harm than good, now. Echo carefully pried it off, tossing it to the side, out of the way. He paused for a moment when he turned back to the Fallen, having never seen what they looked like under all their armor. He saw the path of void on the alien's arm, but didn't go to touch it. It would either fade away, or grow to consume his entire body. The Titan looked back at the newcomer. "To make a short story shorter, we saved each other," he explained. "The Taken came up from below, and he handed me a grenade to seal the shaft. That's what all that is," he said, gesturing at the rubble piled up. "He's in no condition to fight back, as you can see. What's your name, Guardian?" He asked.

Lelua made eye contact with the titan before giving him his answer, "Lelua" she muttered, "I'm Lelua. And you?" She saw the exo's attention turn to the fallen's arm. It looked as though the universe itself were coiling around it. It'd be beautiful if not for what it stood for. As the titan assured her that he could not fight back, she crouched with the exo and sought a better look at the fallen. She moved eagerly like a child as she examined every detail of the captain's face.

However, Lelua was swarmed with melancholy when she realized that living without the light meant that if this being passed, it would be permanent. There'd be no ghost to save him. She never imagined she'd be away from the tower and so she never took an interest in first aid or the likes but even she knew they had to do something about that bleeding. "We could at least get him out of here and get him into proper lighting to look over his wounds," Lelua's ghost proposed noticing her uncertainty, "I could summon your sparrow for you to support its body".

"Are you attached to this being? Don't guardians off these creatures all the time?" she wasn't sure if this line of questioning would offend as she allowed the summoning of her sparrow. "How can we.... I mean... how do we lift him? And what about the.... others.... in his unit?" she glanced around at what remained and hesitantly touched the fallen's unaffected arm.

(yes the icon picture is a fallen without a helmet. just gonna bring that up since i have no idea how i'd describe all that) Velkres's face wasn't all that intimidating aside from the fact there is a long and deep cut above his left eye and the dark colored blood covering his face. But aside from that he did seem to have what appeared to be a youthful appearance. Also now seeing the captain up close you notice exactly how small he is. While the average captain is normally 8-9 feet tall this one was only 6 feet tall which is the size of a both the average human and the lowly dreg. Perhaps there is a reason to his stature?

A few minutes pass and the guardians hear a groan coming from the fallen. Velkres's eye slowly started to open up but he seemed to be completely dazed and disoriented. His head was throbbing and his vision was blurry but he still managed to at least prop himself in a but more of a sitting position starting at the two rather blurred figures standing in front for a moment as his vision cleared. He blink as he stared at the two guardians a bit surprised as he said the only thing that was able to pop into mind. "Well....this is uhhh.....a interesting situation..." He said as it seemed he struggled on finding some words.

(ooc: so with Velkres i am trying to rp like he has a concussion. just thought i'd clear that up for yall)

"Echo," he replied. "Echo-14." He moved aside as he crouched to get a better view. He let out a quiet, electronic sigh as she asked him about the field work. "Well, yes," he said, turning his neon red eyes to her. "As you probably know, the Fallen are our enemies, and we try to kill them any chance we get. We just happened to be in the same room when the Taken came up from below, and it could be said that we worked together to save each other." He looked around, seeing the Sparrow form next to them. "We can get him out, but I don't think the same can be said for the rest of his unit. They were either taken out by the rubble, or dispatched when I arrived." Putting away his rifle, he slid his arms under the Captain's prone form, lifting him up. Hydraulics whined, straining against the weight, but Echo lifted the Fallen warrior onto the Sparrow. As his eyes opened, Echo stopped for a moment. "It certainly is, Fallen," he said. "We're going to get you out of here. The Sparrow should be able to support his weight back outside."

((ya know he isn't that big. he is about the same size as you guys which is very small for a fallen captian. just thought i'd clear that up since it sounds like you think he is average size))

The fallen's words struck Lelua and her body froze. His ability to communicate with the guardians suggested something unusual about him, whether that be his rank or some other abnormality that made him interested in their language, she was eager to find out. But first things first, she was getting ahead of herself. She blinked a couple of times before regaining focus. Although the captain seemed to be a bit smaller than Lelua imagined a fallen captain would be, she was still relieved to see that her new acquaintance was willing to do the heavy lifting. Her face formed a polite, but genuine smile as she approached her sparrow, looking for an open space to sit in order to operate the vehicle. As she scanned, her brow furrowed in a bit of confusion. She motioned for Echo to look at an insignia on the captain's armor. "House of Kings, huh?" she murmured, "excuse my ignorance, but isn't that a bit unusual?" she turned her head to eye the exo, looking for any signs of confusion on his face, but then again, it can be rather difficult to read emotions off their mechanical faces.

"Maybe we will have to question him once he's back in decent shape," she grinned at the dazed captain and pointedly stated, "I know I certainly am curious as to what he was up to." With this, she mounted her sparrow, careful not to disturb the injured fallen behind her and slowly navigated out of the complex into better lighting. She winced at the sunlight as she emerged and leapt from her craft. Waiting for her new acquaintance, she searched the pouch on her side for something that could help stop the bleeding.

((OoC: Oh, definitely understood. Lelua was just hesitant because of the void energy on his arm is all. [: ))

Velkres groaned and slumped back on top of the sparrow. Soon after a few moment he suddenly appeared to have remembered something and he began to mutter groggily but with concern in his voice. "My brother.....where .....is Ikota?" He said as he began to attempt to sit up before a sudden shock of pain caused him to reel back on to the sparrow. The immense pain cause him to fall back holding his ribcage in agony. Breathing heavily The captain looked over at the guardian who identified himself as "Echo" and spoke. "My brother....Ikota. Was ....sniper..... on....upper level...I need to know.....if he is okay." He said clearly worried about his brother. "I need to know...." he said as he laid there looking at the guardians with his pleading yellow eyes.

Echo looked at the mark that Lelua had pointed out. "It's certainly interesting," he agreed. "Questioning will have to be in order. But for now, all we have to do is get him out." As the female Guardian climbed aboard her Sparrow, Echo summoned one of his own, jumping on and carefully weaving through the halls after her. Stopping his sparrow next to hers, he jumped off, metal 'boots' clanking against the stone ground. As the Captain tried to sit up, Echo went to his side, listening to his words. "Ikota...He was part of the other team." The one that he had found outside the room, he guessed. "I don't know what happened to him. He shot me in the arm, but he and...one other, they escaped. I don't know where they would have gone," he said. And I don't necessarily want to go looking for them. Though, if the Captain wanted him to, he would go and try to find them in the depths of the complex.

Lelua instinctively winced at the thought of another fallen being around without them knowing, much less a sniper that could see this situation, two guardians standing above his injured brother, and take it the wrong way entirely. “If he’d shot you in the arm before…”, she began, “then do you not think he’d do much worse if he saw us like this?" She looked down at the exo's arm. Perhaps he wasn't in the best of states either. "I think we need to at least identify his whereabouts. Although, one of us should stay with this one just in case. Although he doesn’t seem to be a threat, we don’t want him getting away or passing on.” With the small bandana she’d found in her pouch, she hesitantly placed pressure on some of the captain’s wounds. Although she couldn’t be sure if she was doing much good or just causing the fallen extra pain, as the bandana seemed to saturate with blood before much time at all. “I leave the decision to you Echo. You seem to be a bit more experienced than I. Would it be worth one of us going after this Ikota? If we don’t it seems this captain will just continue to struggle to sit up, only making his wounds worse.”

((OoC: If Echo and Lelua split up, that may mean we’ll have two arcs going on, one between a guardian and Velkres and one between a guardian and Ikota. So RodoWodo, you'd have to do double the roleplay, lol. Up to you guys but I'm down for whatever.))

((i am okay with double rping i do it all the time))

The Exo contemplated Lelua's words. "You're right, one of us should stay here. I'll go look for Ikota, you stay here and take care of this one." he said. "Make sure he doesn't get away, even if he doesn't look capable of it." He had seen plenty of wounded Fallen manage to pull themselves away from a fight, and he didn't doubt that it was possible for this one as well. Hesitating a moment longer, he got back on his Sparrow, glancing back toward the two. "I should be back soon," he told them. "If either of you need to contact me, I'll have a radio." With that, he sped off toward the entrance of the complex, hoping that he could find the other Fallen member.

Velkres groaned as he fell back onto the sparrow and stared up at the sky still trying to regain focus. It seemed so hard to think after he was struck in the head after being tossed. His vision kept going from clear to hazy which made the captain close his eyes just to keep himself from passing out. Yet pushing his pain aside his primary concerned was the whereabouts of his brother. This was even more of a concern then his situation with these guardians although even if he wanted to try to escape he wouldn't be able to know just cause he knows he wouldn't make it far before passing out. Knowing this he simply accepted this situation in hopes things went better for Ikota then things went with him.

Meanwhile Ikota and the other Fallen had to fall back out of the building to recover themselves. Ikota knew that his brother is probably in serious trouble with the Guardian wandering inside the building and then there was crazed chatter in the coms related about the Taken. With this he decided to radio after telling the other vandal to stay on guard. He radioed directly to Velkres's communication headset in his helmet hoping to get a answer. "Velkres, what is your situation? The guardian pushed us back and we are regrouping to support you. How copy?....Velkres? Brother can you hear me? He said as his tone became even more concerned as he kept trying to get a response.

(sorry for late response i was very busy)

Entering the complex, Echo sped back to the place where they had fought the Taken. He arrived just in time to hear a quiet voice coming from somewhere, and traced it to the cracked helmet that was still lying on the ground. Picking it up, the Exo couldn't discern the language that was coming over the comms, but he assumed that it was Ikota. He started recording the message, having missed about a third of it, but he figured that he had gotten enough so that Velkres could receive and understand it. He was surprised that the helmet was still able to broadcast, with the extensive damage sustained to it.

((How do you do that page break?))

((use the "_" several times))

example
Venkata (played by -CoolShortie-)

((Hey guys, I've come back from my inactivity. Are you guys still interested in continuing this?))

((Yes please))
-other characters- (played by -CoolShortie-)

((Hey, sorry it took so long to get back here. Stuff's been going on, but it's calming down to the point that I think in can try to get back into this, if you're still interested.))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Sickness Below - Destiny RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus