Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Jerian (played by Terel)

Elite Knight Paladin Jerian, one of the foremost Paladins of his generation of The Society, was wet, cold, hungry and at this precise moment muttering profanities and cursing the name of his Commanding Officer.

Cell Theta, a small experimental cell located outside London, had recently received reports that a werewolf, one that was not registered with The Society, had cropped up in the south-east of England. Since the reports were unconfirmed and rather sketchy, his CO, Dawn O'Hara, has decided to send him on a recon to try and spot this 'werewolf' hence why the teen was now trying to extricate himself from a thorn bush on a cold, autumn day in a small forest.

The unhappy Paladin uttered another oath and managed to rip himself from the thorn bush, casting a dark look back at it, "Next time, Kate goes on recon." He muttered, before turning back to continue his search of the area. Four hours, and nothing. Not a hair or howl, to suggest there was a werewolf within six miles of the area. Jerian fingered the handle of the small pistol at his side, it was a specially-made gun loaded with small silver spikes for taking down werewolves.
What era is this again so I know??

Trotting through the trees and the under growth was a wolf. It's fur was a pure black with only the left paw being white. The eyes of the wolf were a pale ice blue that stood out well to the dark fur. Upon a closer look one could see that this wolf was bigger then the average wolf, but then again dire-wolves usually were. They were also faster and stronger then the average wolf and more intelligent then their distant cousin the were-wolf. Dire-wolves also could shift into human forms, but they were known to be closer to their beast then to a human while were-wolves were usually closer to their human part then the beast. The dire-wolf continued on through the trees not making much of a noise as it hunted for some type of prey like a rabbit or even a deer. This wolf didn't like being in it's human form since it was female and human males always acted weird around a female and it bothered her. So she enjoyed her dire-wolf state better and it was more convinent to hunt in.

A odd scent hit her nose as she was wandering causing her to stop in her tracks and take it in. The wolf wasn't sure what this scent belonged too not really seeing other super naturals just the occasional human and were-wolf. Following the odd smell she slowed and stop when it became really strong and hunched down hidden by the shadows of the bushes and trees and looked at see a male out walking through the forest. Her eyes looked to the pistol, the smell of silver clear, but she knew only of her cousins that were bothered by it. Dire-wolves were immune to silver being more wolf then even human. The she-wolf continued to watch the male wondering what it was and what it was up to exactly, there didn't seem to be any were-wolves in the forest so why did he have the pistol on him with silver. Confusion was another thing she felt as she continued to spy, ready to leave the instant it became dangerous.
Jerian (played by Terel) Topic Starter

[Modern-day, just with hidden supernatural creatures in it]

Jerian stopped suddenly, drawing his pistol. Whilst he hadn't exactly heard anything... he'd felt something. Like he was being watched. His grey eyes carefully scanned the surrounding forest, "Hm... Alright, I know you're there, come on out before I have to come find you!"

He felt around behind himself and clasped his hand on a silver-edged knife, one he always carried if he thought there might be a chance he could encounter a werewolf, he didn't draw it, but he kept his hand there, ready to take it out if required, "Best be this blasted werewolf I've been looking for." He muttered to himself, "Or when I get back I'll be having words with Dawn about this."
Hearing him tell her to come on out made her ears prick up. Alice was very interested now usually nothing could tell when she was close. Her tail swished as she shifted seeing the man had pulled out the pistol. She could smell the other weapon on him and knew it would be best to be cautious. The idea of turning human crossed her mind, but she didn't want to be mistaken to be a were wolf. Dire wolves had pride and did not like being confused with another breed. They were Also rare now a days since they had been hunted a long time ago by those afraid of them. Now packs lived deep in the forest, but this dire wolf was a lone wolf having no pack to run with anymore.

Alice thought it over and finally decided to come out rather then have him coming to look for her and shoot her. She knew he wouldn't see her when he scanned the area around him since her fur color helped her to hide. Stepping out from her hiding spot she came into full view of the man, but she had placed a good distance between them. Alice looked at him with her pace ice blue eyes, her ears up in curiosity while she continued to swish her tail in entertainment ready to see what he knew of her breed.

Jerian spotted her as she moved into view, he turned quickly, leveling the pistol at her and... froze. That was not a werewolf. A big wolf, but not a werewolf. He kept the pistol aimed at her, just to be on the safe side, his expression wary, "Hmph... If you're the one I've been sent here to find I will be so ticked off..." He removed his hand from the knife and slowly took his hand from behind himself, leaving it at his side, he examined the wolf for a moment, "Big fella aren't you? Not a werewolf though. Hm, either you've been snacking on some pretty big deer or you're one of those Dire Wolves..." He seemed to be talking mostly to himself rather than the wolf.
Watching him curiously she she snorted slightly at being called a fella when she was a female, but then again not many could tell a female from male unless they were standing side by side. She was the average size for a female dire-wolf, but the males were bigger and it was clear which was what gender then. Hearing him say dire-wolf caused her ears to prick up again seeing that he did know a little about her race or at least knew the name, but nothing more. Looking at the pistol she noted how it was pointed at her and shook her head knowing it wouldn't hurt to much unless he shot her in the heart or someplace that would cause her to bleed out. Letting out another snort she took a few steps back and walked back in the shadows where he couldn't see her and shifted to her human form.

"You know that pistol won't be as deadly to me as it would be to my distant cousin right?" She asked curiously her voice a soft sound and nothing harsh. Her pale ice blue eyes studied him while she ran a hand through her waist length black hair that fell in soft curls. Her bangs fell around her face framing it as she stood beside a tree. She wore nothing extravagant just a black mid thigh skirt with a plain white tank top that had a denim jacket over it and a pair of black sneakers. Shifting her weight she continued to study him not the least bit afraid of him. "So will you put that away now that I am not in my other form?" She asked curiously seeing she couldn't do him much hard in this form then in her other one.

If the Paladin was surprised by her sudden change of appearance, he didn't show it, nor did he lower the gun, "No offence, but I've not lived this long in my line of work just by lowering my weapons just because people ask. Call it a bad habit that's hard to break." He examined her a moment and then said, "Whilst the silver won't be deadly to you, I know very few creatures that a bullet in the brain won't stop." He smirked slightly, "But if you give me no reason to pull the trigger then we won't have problems. Anyway, I'm a Knight Paladin of The Society. you might know us as The Watchers or The Order. If not, it doesn't matter. I'm here because I've been hearing reports about a werewolf in the area, and I'm starting to suspect some idiot didn't know the difference between a dire-wolf and a werewolf."

The Paladin sighed and resisted the urge to rub his nose with his free hand. This whole venture had been one big headache. "I don't suppose you've had a run-in with a less friendly cousin? for that matter, I'm also hoping you aren't a man-killer. Hunting and being hunted by a pack of dire-wolves would just be a wonderful end to my day." Dry sarcasm dripped from his voice.
Alice smiled at his response about not putting his pistol away. "That is a good habit because my cousins wouldn't give you a chance to even say that." She told him as she continued to watch him. Alice could feel him examine her, but she had nothing to use against him. Her human form didn't have teeth or claws even though she still had good hearing, some speed and some strength. Human bodies would only take so much and she found this form very frail. Continuing to watch him she thought over the fact he was from The Order, but she hadn't done anything so she had no reason to be scared. Looking back at him she smiled. "Most humans don't know the difference between my cousin and I we all look the same to them and it scares them." She said simply as she shifted once more.

Stretching she yawned and glanced around hearing some prey wandering, maybe a deer, but she didn't want to hunt it yet seeing as this man was still here and still had a pistol. Looking back over to him she shrugged. "My kind don't like our cousins to much, we like our more closer cousin the average wolf better. The were-wolves are too hot headed and they think more human then beast." She said simply disdain in her voice for the were-wolf kind not liking them herself very much. "So no I haven't seen one running around and I am the only dire-wolf here in this area." She added on as she thought something over and shrugged. "I only like to hunt things that are deer or rabbits, human meat taste gross and plus if I was a man hunter I wouldn't have been alive this long." She said simply.

Jerian nodded, smiling slightly, "No, a werewolf wouldn't... but I've hunted a few in my time." He examined her a moment longer and then seemed to come to a decision, he slid the pistol back into its holster that was strapped to his side, "Well, since you don't seem to be dangerous, well at not least to Humans, I guess I don't need to keep my gun pointed at you." At the news that there were no werewolves he groaned, "Wonderful. So I came out here for nothing..." He sighed, "I'm going to kill Ops when I get back home. Knowing her she sent me on this assignment just to get her own back for the time I slipped pink hair dye into her shampoo." He shook his head with a chuckle, "Still totally worth it though."
Alice watched as he put the pistol away finally and smiled. "Thank you." she said as she relaxed and watched him again getting confused a s he talked about hair dye and shampoo. Watching she decided to voice her curiosity as he stood there. "What is this pink hair dye and what does it do?" she asked her voice showing her confusion as she looked at him. Alice didn't spend much time around humans so she had no idea what he was talking about exactly.

He blinked, "Oh, um... it's a substance Humans use to change the colour of their hair. It's usually to enhance how they look, or make some kind of fashion statement." He grinned, "I slipped soe into the shampoo of my Commanding Officer, Dawn O'Hara and it turned her hair bright, fluorescent pink. Man was she ticked off about it..." He chuckled, "Funny as hell though." He sighed, "Though I now think she suspected this was a false alarm and she sent me out here for a bit of revenge." He shrugged, "Still, it's pretty funny when she gets angry like that. Kind of cute, really."
Alice nodded as she listened still confused, but understood for the most part. Nodding she stretched and glanced around. "You going to head back now?" She asked as she watched him wondering about human things and other non sense that all the races seemed to do, but yet it made no sense to do it in any way. Alice just figured her kind were to isolated to truly understand any of that stuff and knew better to stay away from the humans so not to be killed, though he wasn't human she knew, but she didn't know what he was he smelled to odd to be human.

He shrugged, "Well, I got nothing better to do, since there's no actual rampaging, psychotic rogue werewolf like the reports said, and my job is basically to take down creatures like that on a daily basis."He sighed, "It was..um.. nice not shooting you... I've never met a Dire Wolf before." He gave her a slight smile, careful not to show his teeth. Most predators took baring teeth quite badly, since it was effectively a threat of violence. He groaned slightly, "Sometimes I wish I wasn't just some normal human... well... okay a human with magic, but... normal is most other ways. It's be nice not having to struggle through undergrowth and rubbish just to get ot where I left my motorbike." He shrugged, "Ah well, I guess we can't all be shape-changing wolves." He smiled again at her, somewhat ruefully.
Alice smiled at his first comment as she continued to watch him. Hearing he was a human with magic cleared things up for her, but as he made his second comment she growled ever so slightly. "I may be able to shift, but trust me, we have the same amount of problems like you all." She stated simply as she glared at him a little ticked now as she watched him wondering why he had made such an odd comment.

[So what is going to happen next??]

He held up his hands defensively, "Hey, I was only joking..." Then, when she mentioned trouble his ears perked... figuratively of course, "Trouble hm? And what trouble could assail a Dire-Wolf? Not many would dare tangle with a big wolf. The fangs and claws kind of put off most creatures." Suddenly a small black pod at his ear beeped, and a small microphone telescoped out to near his mouth and a small eye-piece folded out over his right eye, "Hey, Ops, what's up? Oh, and before you ask, no, there wasn't a werewolf." He sounded slightly annoyed, "So I'm hoping this is-" He cut himself off as the other person on the end of the line shouted into his ear, her tone panicked though her words were rendered inaudible by the distance. "Wh-what!?" Jerian asked startled, "Where are they?"

The person on the other end said something else, this time clamer and he nodded, "Alright Dawn, I'm on it." The microphone and eye-piece retracted back into the pod on his ear and he looked back over at the wolf, "I've got to go. My friends have been ambushed by werewolves half a kilometer east of here, I have to go help them."
"Many troubles can assail us, we don't kill humans in the least, so what do human do when they become afraid of something, the hunt it and kill it." She said simply knowing the humans were the ones that had made her race so rare and killed her pack when she was young. Alice looked at him as the weird device appeared on him and she could hear what was going on. As she heard the term were-wolves she growled slightly hating her distant cousins for causing her kind so much trouble. "There weren't any in here when I was hunting, but they may have come while I was talking to you." She said as she stretched and growled again. "I hate them." She whispered as she heard him say where they were. Before he could do much more she turned and ran changing into her wolf in the process. Running as a wolf was faster for her and it didn't take her long to come on the scene. Growling she entered the clearing and glared at the were-wolves she could see her ears low and her tail raised as she growled again at them clearly pissed as they turned and growled right back at her. Were-wolves never seemed to learn that a dire-wolf would always out smart them.

A slim blonde human wman was standing in the small clearing, several werewolves were lying prone on the floor, unmoving, the shafts of arrows sticking out of their bodies. The bow from which they had come was in her hands. She didn't eve see the wolf, or if she did she chose to ignore her, instead in a graceful, fluid motion she drew another arrow from the quiver at her back and fitted it to her bow, letting it fly a moment later. The arrow struck one of the werewolves and electricity suddenly coursed throughout its body, it howled, convulsing and then it collapsed to the floor, smoke rising lazily from its fur. Another arrow leapt from her bow and struck a second werewolf, this one's effects were no less dramatic, it simply howled in agony and started frothing at the mouth, spasming. It was dead before it hit the floor.

She touched the pod on her ear as the werewolves started to turn back towards her, "Hotshot, this is Arrow, get your scrawny behind in gear and hurry up! There's half a dozen of the and one of me and they'll break down my Shield spell soon if you don't get here and lend me a hand!"

As if to prove her point, one of the creatures leapt at her with a feral snarl, fangs dripping with saliva, claws extended and eyes filled with hatred and bloodlust. It smashed into an invisble wall and bounced off, landing a foot away. It stood back up and snarled at her again. The girl looked physically drained by the attack, "Man you are a heavy fella." She said, "What the hell have you been eating?" The creature growled at her and she gave the best growl she could back, "Well you can run along puppy, I 'aint on the menu today!"
Alice watched the human quietly noting how the arrows were sending electricity through the were's bodies. Sighing she flicked her tail noting them and making sure she didn't get one of those in her. Seeing though that she was getting tired and drained she snarled at the were that had gone at the human and moved her speed faster then were as she rammed into the one in front of the human. It hit a tree hard and laid there for a bit stunned. Turning to another that was coming after her she turned and moved so she dodged it and jumped on it's back pushing it down before she bit it on the back of the spine as a loud crunching popping noise could be heard and it lay there now dead. Turning she dodged another were getting a slight scratch on her shoulder as she swiped back at it knocking it down, making it vulnerable for her. Without much thought she went at it's throat killing it.

Turning her tail swished as another snarl left her lips at some of the other were's watching causing them to back up slightly their beast finally understanding that she was not a wolf to be messing with. Shifting she glared at them waiting to see what they would do next as she kept the human woman to her side to see her out of the corner of her eye so if she did shoot another arrow she could get away from it. Alice didn't like them killing the were's, but at the same time the were's were trying to kill the human which bothered her as well. Growling she continued to watch them hoping the would turn to their human forms so they could stop getting themselves killed. Continuing to glare she noted as a few became human their beast subsiding since the moon wasn't full and were's had become more prone to shifting when angered or scared since they were controlled by their emotions.

Whilst some of the remaining weres had turned human, the rest, about four, had not and were still burning with feral anger, one launched itself again at the blond girl behind her Shield spell, but she didn't even flinch as she sent a shaft right through its gaping mouth and into its brain, it hit the ground with a thud, the remaining three seemed slightly more weary. Another turned back to his human state, but the other two just didn't seem to want to quit.

Suddenly two shots rang out and both of the remaining wolf-form creatures crumpled to the floor. Behind them stood Jerian, pistol still raised, his face expressionless, "Hey Kate." He said, "How's it going?"
The blonde woman gave him a faint smile, "Oh you know, same old same old, getting attacked by a pack of werewolves, fighting for my life whilst vastly outnumbered, kicking ass and taking names. The usual."
Jerian nodded, his eyes scanning the various dead bodies, and the remaining human-form werewolves, "I see... You." he suddenly snapped, pointing at one of the human-forms, his tone cold "Do you know who we are?"
The man seemed to be quite scared of Jerian, for good reason if the dead bodies were any indication, "N-no."
"Well then, you don't know just how much trouble you got into attacking an agent of The Society." The teen said, "Let me spell it out for you; unless you've got a damn good explanation an eternity in the deepest pit in hell will seem like a picnic compared with what will happen to you. Now, I want you to think long and had and give me that explanation... Now."
Alice watched as another was killed and after another changed back, the last two got shot. Sighing she shifted on her feet and walked over to the human were wolves and stood by them as the human male with magic talked to them. Sighing he wasn't going to get anywhere with them so she sifted back to her human form and stretched once more. Shaking her head she walked over to the human male. "Do you understand what a were-wolf is exactly?" She asked as she looked at him. "They are a creature that was a human that got forced into a beast that is hard to control. I am not defending them, but you have to realize that in my wolf form I can still think and have my own mind, but they don't. The beast takes over and the only reason they turned back to human was because I was getting their beasts to submit." She stated plainly seeing a few of the were's nod clearly confused at where they were. "I am not taking their side either, but they do belong to my line and they started because of what a dire-wolf did in the past, but they have never grouped like this before unless they were forced to." She added on as she yawned.

"It's just good to know they haven't killed any humans, I smell zero human blood on them and I smelled none on their beasts when I came." She stated as she looked at the ones who changed wishing she had a way to help them even though she didn't like them they were still part of her line and wolves still defended their own when it came to outsiders.

[Sorry thought I would make Alice someone who understands her line and the were's as well as to give the were's a better back ground to the reason for them being how they are and how they got that way. Is that alright if not I can adjust my post for you.]

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus