Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Jerian (played by Terel) Topic Starter

Jerian nodded, "Well, I'm no Aetherian, but I'm not a Neophyte either. I doubt it'll come to a fight between us... but if it does, well.. I'll be sure to make it as quick and clean as I can." The teen suddenly smiled, as if he hadn't just been discussing her death, "But that's a trouble for another day. Come on, I don't know about you but I'm starving." He pulled away from the door frame he'd been leaning on and turned to go back inside, "Once I've got some food inside me, I'm going to go down and see our prisoner. He's not talked so far, so Dawn's decided to let me have a crack at him."
Alice had looked away for a bit lost in her thoughts once more, but returned her gaze to him and listening she nodded. Seeing him smile she waited and hearing food she nodded and let her own smile come out. Getting up she stretched and walked up a few steps to be standing where he was. "Could I come with you to see the vampire?" She asked curious to how these people are going to get info out of him. Personally, she had her own ways, one being starving him and then taunting him with her blood. Vampire's didn't like her kind's blood, but when deprived and extremely thirsty they would take anything even hers. In this case it may work too since they have been torturing him and he was probably extremely thirsty from the fight and injury's he received. "Have you ever waited till they were thirsty and then taunt them with blood?" She asked curious to see if her ways were to barbaric or not. "If you haven't and you can't get him to crack we can try it with my blood so no one will have to be in danger." She offered as she glanced to the door and headed to it before opening it again and holding it open for Jerian. "Just an idea." She added as a last thought still not sure if she understood this foreign race or not.

Jerian shook his head, "We've always found that practice to be too dangerous. A thirst-crazed vampire is always stronger than you expect."

The young Paladin walked back into the house, passing through a few corridors and rooms until he came to a kitchen, where he grabbed an apple and bit into it, he relished the sweet taste of the apple, "Okay, The prisoner is being held in the holding cells, they're on the third level of the main base, deep underground. If he manages to get free of his restraints he'll be trapped in a steel box with a two-foot thick steel door, an even if he gets out of that he's got to find his way back to the surface, and that's if the Hub's internal defence systems don't fry him first."
Alice listened and nodded as he told her how dangerous it was and that they didn't try it. "Well like I said, if you guys cant get anything out of him. I can try it my way once all of you aren't in harms way. I am built to handle them and I have dealt with a thirst craved vampire before." She explained as she looked ahead. "Though with a master I don't know." She added though she said it quietly still nervous about a master, having never faced one before.

Following him into the kitchen and watched him take an apple and seem to enjoy it. Confused she hid it as she took an apple and bit into it, but it tasted like everything else. She was going to never understand the human kind or anything other than her own race. Pushing that away she listened as he explained the holding cell system. It sounded very secure to her. She didn't think even one of her own, fully shifted, and under the blood moon would be able to get out of that. "Well then I hope he doesn't get away otherwise your one source of information may fry." She commented and she took another bit of the apple enjoying the fruit more then she thought she would.

Jerian laughed and nodded, "Yeah, not to mention it takes ages to get the smell of roasted vampire out of the cells." He finished off the apple and started walking out of the kitchen, gesturing for Alice to follow, "We'd better get going. We don't want to keep our guest waiting."
Jerian led her down a corridor, through a few room until he reached an unremarkable wooden door.

He gripped the handle and a cool feminine voice said from nowhere, "Hand-print identified, Elite Knight Paladin Jerian. Please submit voice sample for complete identification."

"EKP Jerian, Cell Theta, European Chapter, Node Cell Alpha Gamma jurisdiction." He reeled off.

"Voice print match. Access granted." The female voice said.

Jerian nodded, "Glad to see Dawn's not changed the locks on me yet. Oh! Better identify you to Mainframe. Don't want to set off the security systems." He paused for a moment and then said, "Dire-Wolf humanoid-form Alpha/Beta level entity. Grant guest access, authorisation code Jerian-Theta-Tau-Theta."

"Ackowledged. Dire-Wolf entity granted prelimnary level one clearance." Mainframe replied.

The door clicked and Jerian opened the door, revealing a short corridor no differant from any other in the house expcept for the fact that it led to a lift, "The detention area is three floors down." Jerian said.
Alice smiled as he laughed since she knew how bad a vampire smelled after burning. Seeing him get up she shifted and as he gestured to her she followed. Walking she continued to remember routes just so she couldn't get stuck anywhere and could get out if she needed to her wolf not a big fan of being in closed like this for to long. As they came to a door she watched the process of him getting access and as a after thought he put her under guest so she wouldn't alert the main frame and get security going.

"Good to see you guys have such a tight security." She commented as she followed inside after him.

Nodding as he told her where the detention center was she decided to continue to stay behind and follow him as she continued to memorize the routes.

Jerian led her down the corridor and into the lift, they descended down to the detention level and Jerian led her out into white, featureless corridors. The route was winding and they took several turns, "We intentionally make the route from the cells to the lift complicated, if anyone escaped it'd slow them down and hopefully get them lost down here."

He led her down a final corridor that had thick steel doors leading from it at regular intervals, as they passed one door there was a heavy thud from behind it and a screech, Jerian ignored the noises of something scrambling against the door and faint hisses and snarls. A muffled voice issued from behind it, "Jerian! I know you are there! I'll kill you! I'll tear your throat out! I'll wear your skin as a coat and drain the marrow from your bones!"

The whatever-it-was behind the door continued to shout vile threats, but Jerian ignored it and carried on down the corridor. He stopped outside one a few doors down from the creature that was still shouting, "Here's the vampire." He said pleasantly.
Alice followed him having a hard time keeping the route in her mind now that they had gone deeper and all the corridors were becoming mixed in her mind. Hearing his comment about how it was made like this to stop creatures from escaping she couldn't help but agree. "Even with my good memory I don't think I could find my way out of here if you asked me to." She said not liking the fact since she liked knowing her exists just in case her inner wolf got the better of her. Alice had to remind herself that she wasn't human and could never truly be human since she was born a wolf and her wolf will always be her true self, but who would accept a wolf as a lover and none of her pack was left.

Continuing to follow behind him she didn't not jump or even shift when they passed a door that a loud thud could be heard from as well some screech. Then the vulgar talk began as whatever creature sat behind here started throwing threats out at Jerian. Shaking her head she sighed. "I don't understand why it yells at you when it will probably never get out." She said as she looked at his back and then to the door where the vampire was. "Maybe things will get a little interesting now." She added as her wolf growled in anticipation of the vampire ahead of them her blood lust there to kill it, but she kept it down.

Jerian smiled slightly, "Mephistopheles there was a Lesser Herald of the Lower Planes who also like to pretend to be Satan and make deals with humans for their souls. We've been keeping him here for a few months now, ever since he tried to do his soul-stealing deal trick on me. The shouting lets him vent."

Jerian then opened the steel door. The room was bright, a naked light-bulb cast harsh light to every corner, the room itself was made of grey concrete. The vampire was tied to a metal chair in the middle of the room using the same rune-carved chains that he'd been held by earlier. The creature looked up when the door opened, his mouth opening in a snarl, "What do you want, human?"

"You're going to tell us who your master is, where he is and what the hell he was doing enthralling werewolves." Jerian said.

The vampire laughed, "And why would I tell you that?"

"Because if you don't we'll start torturing you. Then, if that doesn't work, I'll stick you head in a barrel of holy water... and when you stop screaming I'll let the Dire-Wolf here loose on you." Jerian's smile was unpleasant, "So your choice is tell us what we want to know, or suffer horribly and then tell us what we want to know."
Listening was what Alice did best and as he explained the creature over in the first door that had yelled she could understand why he was here. Watching the door open she could smell the vampire and open looking inside she saw him in a chair and bound by the same runes they had used earlier. The brightness of the room bothered her eyes only a little, but as she got used to it, the pain went away. Watching the vampire she listened to Jerian talk as he asked the vampire his question.

Hearing the vampire's response she shifted and caught his attention before he looked back to Jerian, who went on with his threat. Hearing him talk about what they would do to him she felt her wolf snicker at hearing the threat of her being let loose on him. Shifting again she let that snicker show on her face and as the vampire glanced at her she let it be shown she would enjoy it. "It would be your best idea to talk." She commented her voice cold since she saw no reason to have it any other way when speaking to one of his kind. "If your master can control that many were wolves I would like to know if he is strong enough to control one of my kind?" She asked having heard of legends that only the most powerful vampires could control dire wolves, but even then it was difficult.

Despite its situation, the vampire had an arrogant sneer on its face, "I am loyal to my master, I will never betray him to cattle and flea-bitten curs!"

Jerian shook his head, "Maybe you'll be more cooperative if I showed you exactly what I can do to you." He pressed a small communication device on his ear, "Tech, give me a five-second duration burst of light, ultra-violet to visible spectrum."

A second later the walls of the room lit up blindingly bright, the vampire in the chair screamed in agony, but almost as soon as the light had come, it stopped. The vampire was still screaming, tied to its chair. It was covered in red sunburn, here and there parts of its skin looked burned. Eventually the creature stopped screaming, quietening to gasps and panting.

"Tell me what I want to know, or I'll turn you to ash atom by atom, I'll draw out your agony until you'll be begging me to kill you." Gone was the laughing joker, instead Jerian's eyes were hard and his tone was one of threat and steel.

"N-never. I die for my master." The vampire said.

"Your master has abandoned you, left you to die in horrible, painful ways... why continue to serve him?" Jerian asked.

"Master is strong, master will kill you, all of you... master will break the Order and drink the blood of your Grandmaster... Master has allies... allies beyond The Veil... allies that know you, Jerian of The Society." The vampire smiled unpleasantly, baring its teeth, "Master has promised them that he will deliver you to them... The master and his allies will make you scream and beg and bleed and die over and over again for all eternity, and I will b there laughing!"
Alice watched as the vampire had an arrogant look and as he spoke she prepared herself. She shut done all that made her human and watched now as wolf waiting to kill it's prey. Standing quietly she was still behind Jerian, but as he spoke into his device in his ear and she heard what he had asked for she shifted and raised her arm so she wouldn't be to bothered by the intensity of the light. It only hurt her eyes just because her human form had heightened sense due to her wolf and extreme light did seem to effect her eye sight.

Alice listen to the screams quietly not saying anything and as the light died down and she looked to the vampire she could see it hurt him quite a bit. By the way his skin was and how it wasn't healing fast enough she knew too that he hadn't had blood in awhile. Her way was starting to look better and better. Hearing Jerian speak again she glanced at him from the corner of her eye hearing his voice and how he changed from how he was to someone who meant what he threatened. Listening to the exchange between the two she watched the vampire silently wondering where he had come from and if the dire wolves in that area where wiped out or were they blind to what was going on.The vampire's threat came next and as she listened she wondered what Jerian had done to cause so many enemies everywhere. She knew everyone here in the order had enemies, but it seemed a lot of them were after his life.

Snickering Alice turned to the vampire. "How exactly do you plan to be there watching and laughing when you are here, tied to a chair." She said lightly as she walked up to him. "Your bound and in a second you can be dust. I don't see you in the future laughing. I see you dead in your future, a pile of ash long forgotten by this master. Your are a lone and abandoned just answer the simple questions." She stated as she looked him in the eyes. She made sure to keep her distance just in case something happen, but her wolf was coming out to play and she wanted him to know that. He was prey and her prey was tied up and helpless.

The vampire bared its teeth, a snarl of utter loathing and hatred rising from its throat, "Master knows me... knows where I am... master will come, is coming... master will kill all of you... he will cut ou your heart and devour it, still beating, before your eyes as you die she-wolf!" It laughed, a harsh, ugly sound, "This place will be burned to the ground! My brothers and sisters will feast on your flesh and drink your blood!"

Jerian didn't seemed fazed by this, "Well, it'll save us the trouble of hunting him down." He said calmly, "So, who is your master? Whose name will we be screaming as he tortures us to death?"

"Master has no name... not any more... too old for mere names..." The Vampire said, "He is simply the Master.. the hunter in the night... he was feasting on you cattle long before The Society was founded, he was devouring you when the world was ice and darkness."

Jerian frowned, "That old, huh?" He didn't seem to believe the creature, "That means he's at least ten thousand years old."

"Master is old... ancient... an Elder Vampire... older than most Elders.... strongest of all" The Vampire said with a rictus grin on its face.

Jerian seemed to consider this, "Alice, I'll leave his interrogation up to you... try and see if you can get more than these mad ramblings from him. I have to consult our archives, see if there's anything in what he's saying. I doubt it, but I've not lived this long in my job without taking precautions."
Watching him bare his teeth she didn't flinch or show emotion in the least. Like she said he was her prey and currently he was tied up and helpless. Listening to his threat though she noted how he seemed to believe his master was truly coming and from what she had learned is that the master usually leave their pawns behind to die not giving a care for them. Alice didn't seem fazed though as he finished his threat. Instead she glanced back to Jerian as he spoke and listened quietly before turning back to the vampire before her.

As the vampire explained his master Alice felt her curiosity perk up. A vampire that old is rare and if he was telling the truth then they were in for some trouble. Not even Alice could take on an elder on her own if he is that old. Usually a pack would be needed to do that, but she was still a dire-wolf and it was her job to protect the humans here even if it meant dying. Feeling her wolf growl with the anticipation of a fight she shifted on her feet. Jerian seemed done though and after a little more talking he decided to leave her here to continue to interrogation. Nodding Alice watched him leave before turning back to the vampire and walked a little closer before letting her nails extend ever so slightly.

"So I want you to answer a few simple questions for me." She stated and as the vampire narrowed his eyes and was about to spout the same stuff he did earlier she took a nail to her palm.

The vampire watched slightly confused, but as she cut a thin line across her palm did it become clear what she was doing. Smiling she watched as the thin cut filled with blood and the scent of blood began to fill the air. Even though vampire's would never drink her kind's blood it was still blood and it was clear her was thirsty as his eyes dilated.

"So like I said I need you to answer a few simple questions for me." She stated as she moved her hand slightly and watched as his gaze followed it. "Is your master as old as you truly say he is?"

After a moment he nodded lost in the trance of the blood and his thirst.

"Do you know why he is targeting the society?" She asked and receiving a no she went to her next question. "If he truly able to control a pack of were-wolves?" As she asked that question she hoped he would tell her no and that this master wasn't that powerful. The answer she received though was a nod and she felt slight fear from that tad bit of information.

The vampire began to fight his bindings his thirst for blood stronger now due to the lights and the lack of blood from his last feed. Shaking her head she knew he wouldn't answer her anymore so she closed her hand knowing the cut had already started to heal and headed out wondering if she could be strong enough to take this master vampire on or not or if her wolf would be controlled as well. Shaking away her doubt she left the room and the vampire as he began to scream and followed the way they had come from to leave.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus