Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Jerian (played by Terel) Topic Starter

Jerian nodded, "I know about werewolves." He looked over at Kate, "What happened?"
The archer girl shrugged, "I have no idea in hell. The lot of 'em just jumped me!" She looked voer at the dire-wolf, a slightly curious look on her face, "And who's this?"
"A Dire-Wolf I met a few minutes ago, thought she was a were at first, but it was just a mistake." He replied.
She nodded and glared at the human-werewolves, "No idea what the hell you lot are doing out here anyway; we're miles from werewolf territory." She looked down at the dead bodies on the floor, "I hate fighting werewolves almost as much as I hate fighting vampires."
Jerian sighed and nodded, glancing over at the Dire-Wolf, "Well... if they've not hurt anyone." Kate made an irritated noise and he glanced over at her, "You're fine... anyway, sine they've not harmed anyone and they had no control over their actions..."

Kate frowned slightly, "Jerian, standard procedure means we process 'em. We have to ge them tagged; can't let a bunch of werewolves roam about without some way of tracking them. Especially if they randomly decided to attack people."
"The wolf says they only group together when forced. Is it possible the creatures were coerced into attacking you?" Jerian asked.
The girl shrugged, "Well I didn't see anyone else. But then I was busy trying not to get mauled."
Alice watched the two argue as sh walked to the were's and stayed by them seeing how they were looking to her for help as if she was their alpha sighing she didn't like the idea of them being processed and didn't want them tagged it would take whatever freedom they possibly had being a were would be taken by tagging them. Continuing to watch the two she relaxed a little as the male said about letting them go. Sighing she continued to watch them argue and flinched as she felt them all moving so they were behind her in a way as if relying on her to save them from what ever the order would do to them. Shaking her head she looked over at them. "Vampires have been known to use were's as well as people who posses strong magic. Their beasts are easier to control which is why the submitted to me since I am an alpha and they seem to not have a true alpha." She said simply not planning to let either of them take the were's. Alice hated them, but they were cousins and their beasts submitted to her meaning she was their alpha in a way which meant it was her duty to protect their freedom and keep them out of trouble. "You guys should just figured out a cure for them so those that want to be free can and can live a normal life." She stated as she continued to watch them clearly protecting the were's that were behind her since none of them have killed a human which a wolf was never told to do since they started being in existence.

Jerian frowned slightly, as if thinking over the wolf's idea, "Hm, a cure? That'd be perfect, but developing a cure for lycanthropy would take time."
"Tech might know what it is." Kate suggested, "I know wolfsbane can be used against werewolves, and i can help suppress their inner... um... wolf."
Jerian nodded, "Well, I call The Hub and see if Tech has any info on a cure." He touched the communications device on his ear and stepped a little bit away from them as h started to converse with someone.

Kate turned to the werewolves that were huddled behind Alice, "Hm, well, if my friends know about a cure, I suppose it'd be for the best if we gave it to you." She then addressed the Dire-Wolf directly, "Did you say vampires can control werewolves? Huh, in all my yeas as a Knight Guardian of The Society I've never come across that... still, I suppose it could happen." She frowned slightly as she thought the idea over, "If a vamp dd send these guys to attack me then we've got a problem on our hands, do any of you werewolves know what happned to you before you turned?"
Alice watched them quietly as she watched how they discussed what to do about the cure idea and watching the male walk off talking on that weird device she looked to the female watching her carefully, her wolf wanting to protect the weaker ones behind her. "The vampires have to be quite old to be able to control them, but I mean old old." She stated having met one once that could and she learned to know the signs. Watching the woman look at the were's behind her she sighed at her question as they all shook their heads. "The vampire could have sent them in hopes to kill some humans, not you directly, so that way you would kill them." She said figuring that may be why they were sent out like that. "How they hid in a forest like this where no humans really wander into shows how dedicated they are to trying to be human and not a beast." She added knowing that many struggled and a few decided to go with it, but that was their choices. Sighing she stretched and yawned slightly her stomach growling a little at her hunger.

[Sorry been busy with school and had a brain fart.]

Arrow nodded, "I suppose you are corect. Living our here, too far from humans to do them harm." She glanced back at the werewolves, "Perhaps I shouldn't have used lethal force when fighting them." She conceded, "But in my defence, I was being atacked by a pack of werewolves." She thought it over, "I suppose there's no harm in letting these ones go, so long as The Society keeps an eye out for any reports that they've gone rogue." She gave the werewolves a warning look, "I would take more care in future. As you've seen here today The Society are not people to trifle with, if any of you hurt a human it will end badly for you. That is not a threat but a fact."

Jerian walked back over to them, he sighed, "Well the others down't have any leads on a lycanthropy cure, but Tech's decided to start looking. If there is an ancient vampire trying to use werewolves to kill humans, and that's far from certain, then we will have trouble on our hands. Dawn's making some calls to see if anyone else has records of a vampire using werewolf thralls."
Alice just watched and listened knowing she didn't have much to say or do except to listen and watch. This wasn't her area of expertise as they spoke about the order and the were's were given a warning, but other then that they were allowed to go free which she was fine with. Stretching she glanced at the ones behind her and nodded as they headed back to their homes to get away from these two dangerous humans. "Well I hope you guys can find what you are looking for." She said not knowing what else to do or say and she was still hungry since she had stopped her hunting out of curiosity of the male. "Am I free to go as well?" She asked watching them both quietly.

Jerian smiled to the Dire Wolf, "Thank you. Oh, and yeah, you can go. We've got no reason to keep you."

Kate frowned to herself, her expression was thoughtful, "What I don't understand is why. Why would a vampire set a bunch of werewolves on humans? It doesn't make sense."

Jerian shrugged, "Who knows. Maybe the vampire hoped to turn more humans into werewolves so it could build a slave army of werewolves or something."

The blond girl shivered, "That's a horrible thought. But one vampire couldn't control a whole army of weres."

"Maybe there's more than one?" Jerian suggested, "Of course this is all speculation... but just in case I'm going to break out the holy water and the aspen stakes when we get back home."
Alice shifted slightly and shook her head at the two and sighed. "Well you know having the order kill the were's and possibly Dire-wolves would make things easier since were's and dire-wolves are evenly matched with a vampire." She stated as she thought about it. "So if you have a dire wolf or a few with you guys, you might want to start training them more in both their wolf form and human form or they won't stand a chance." She said simply yawning and wondering what kind of prey she would be able to find. "Then again dire-wolves don't take well to any other race, but their own due to their sense of family and wanting to be with others like themselves." She stated as she stretched and looked at them. "Good luck though." She stated and smiled slightly wondering when they would leave the forest so they would stop scaring the wild life away as she turned to go.

Jerian shook his head "There are no Dire-Wolves or Werewolves in The Society, so all we have to worry about is the vampire attacking wild werewolves and such."

Kate sighed, "The first thing we should do is find moe information. Dswn's already speaking with Europe HQ, so I guess we should head home and start organising an investigation into all this."

Jerian nodded, "Sounds like a plan." He looked over to Alice, "Thank you for your help."
Alice nodded and waved bye not sure what they thought they were going to accomplish, but decided it wasn't her problem. Though she knew they wouldn't be able to keep the vampires from collecting wild were-wolves so they would have some fun. If a vampire wanted the order gone they may succeed in getting their wish. "Just be careful you think you understand a vampire, but you would be surprised." She told them as she glanced back a small smirk on her lips as she entered the shadows of the trees and headed put wondering what they were going to do. Letting out a sigh she looked up at the sky and wondered what she would do herself it was starting to become boring and she had nothing to do. There was always her fun side job, but with this society thing around she wouldn't really want to do that and get caught by them. Sighing she stretched and yawned again as she hummed a little tune continuing on her way bored.

[What shall I have my Alice do now?]

Jerian and Kate had begun walking towards the edge of the forest, where Jerian had left his motorcycle and Kate had left her car. They hadn't gotten far when...

Jerian stopped mid-stride, his eyes widening slightly, "Kate! I just sensed someth-"

From out of nowhere a black shadow smashed into Jerian, tossing him like a ragdoll into a nearby tree. The shadow shifted and changed, solidifying into a tall, thin humanoid creature, its eyes were blood red and its skin was a pallid grey, it held Jerian against the tree with one hand, it snarled angrily into his face, fangs glittering dangerously, "You killed my master's thralls." It hissed, "Now I'm going to kill you!"

"Jerian!" Kate shouted in alarm, her hand automatically going to her quiver, her bow already rising...

"Not so fast, girl." The creature hissed again, "One move towards your arrows and I'll slit his throat."

She froze, fingers brushing the feather fletching on the end of one of her aspen-stake-arrows, arrows she always carried on the off-chance she'd encounter a vampire. At this moment her near-paranoid preparations didn't seem to make much difference.

The vampire turned back to Jerian, "Master wants me to kill you... but I think making you my thrall would be so much better."

"You...can...try..." Jerian gasped out, his lungs starting to burn from lack of oxygen, "I'm... very...stubborn."

(Sorry for taking so long to post, some University stuff got in the way of my posting and I had a little trouble thinking up what to post anyway.)
[That's all good. :D]

Alice had started to hunt when she smelled the vampire in the area. Following the scent she eventually came to the edge of the forest where a car and motorcycle sat. Looking around she saw the female human from earlier looking at the back of the vampire who had the male human by the throat. Sighing she snuck closer her foot steps making no sounds on the ground as she walked keeping down wind from the vampire so he wouldn't smell her. Hearing how he was going to make him his thrall for killing his master's thralls she snorted slightly as she was now close enough to jump out and doing so she knocked the vampire off the human male having the strength and mass too. Standing in front of the two humans she growled at the vampire as she looked him over. True humans could kill the vampire, but then again she was a match for him since her kind was made to be able to stand on the same ground as vampires. Snorting at him again she made it seem like she thought he was funny as she looked him over again.

Shifting in front of them even though she didn't like to she stretched and looked to the two humans. Unless you two can kill him it might be good to leave." She said quietly to them not sure even if she could kill him since she usually avoided fighting with vampires due to the fact that she could kill him easily, but it was the same for him since he could kill her easily as well it just depended on who got the upper hand turning back to the vampire she looked him in the eyes. "By the way I helped kill some of those thralls if that is what your calling them." She said to him glaring at him.

[Well this should be interesting. Sorry she has kinda of a stubborn, but I want to help sort of personality when it comes to others. If that's alright.]

The vampire bared his teeth in a snarl of pure hatred, "A Dire-Wolf? You dare come between me and my prey?" The vampire's eyes narrowed dangerously, "Killing Master's thralls was a mistake you will not live to regret."

On the floor near the vampire, Jerian was taking in big gulps of air, massaging his throat, he scrambled away from the creature quickly, whilst Arrow shot him a worried look, "You okay Hotshot?"

"I'm fine." He gasped out, throat raw.

"Good. Dawn'd kill me if I let you get hurt." She said, "Now then..." Her hand dipped into her quiver and in a fast movement shot one of her aspen arrows at the vampire. The arrow flew straight at it, but the creature twisted out of the way, snatching the sharpened wood out of the air. It examined the shaft curiously for a moment, "Aspen wood." It hissed, "Soaked in holy water... This would have been very painful if it had hit me." He glared at Kate, "Once I kill the she-wolf, I'll come after you next, archer. I'll feed on you for a long time until you beg me to kill you."

Kate didn't seem fazed by the threat and she was reaching for another arrow when Jerian suddenly charged into her, knocking her to the ground. In the place where she'd been stood a moment earlier a second shadow shot through the air, coalescing into a second vampire, it growled with rage at Jerian for stealing its prey.

Jerian shot to his feet, "There better not be any more of you." He said, suddenly snapping his fingers, a blast of air struck the second vampire full in the chest, causing it to fly backwards into a tree, the creature screeched in pain and then launched itself towards Jerian, who threw himself aside and shot at it with his pistol, the silver bullet took it in the shoulder, but it had little effect. Jerian cursed under his breath, "Should have brought my other bullets too."
Letting her own growl come in return she glared the vampire down not sure how this was going to work out. Hearing the humans behind her she shifted as the arrow was let loose, but the vampire caught it. Alice didn't want to see them getting hurt her dire-wolf telling her to protect them against the vampires, but she hadn't fought in a while and if she got hurt she had no pack to run to for healing. Shaking it off she growled knowing that protecting these two were priority fir her. Shifting again she felt another presence and looking behind her she saw the second vampire, but as the vampire was blown back did she feel another come into the clearing, but before she could react she felt herself slammed against a tree. Coughing she turned cold eyes on the vampire that held her. "Man you picked on the wrong wolf buddy." She growled her body shifting once more to it's wolf form the shift quick and easy. Before the vampire knew it she got free and shoved him to the ground before killing him without remorse as she turned back to the vampire from earlier and looked to the second.

Not really sure what to do she went for the vampire that seemed a little more intelligent who had talked about killing her. Growling at him she stalked towards him while keeping track of the humans hoping they would be okay. Lowering her ears she lowered her body and waited as she watched him before pouncing at him trying to get a hold of him so she could finish him, but as he dodged her, she had to dodge him in return. It felt like they were dancing, but this dance was a deadly dance that would lead to one of them dying.

The second vampire had recovered swiftly from its encounter with the tree and launched itself at Jerian, the Paladin fell into a crouch and the vampire landed on him, but using that position Jerian hurled the vampire away again. It struck the ground, rolled and came back on to its feet, just in time for it to be knocked to the ground again as Jerian charged into it, stabbing downwards with his knife. The vamp grabbed his wrist, trying to keep the blade away from its heart, baring its fangs at him in a low snarl, saliva dripping from them as it anticipated the kill.

Jerian snarled back, pushing against the knife harder, it slowly descended towards the vampire's chest. Suddenly the creature pushed against him with a strength borne of desperation, throwing Jerian away. Before he could recover the vampire was on hi again, fangs seeking his jugular.

A moment later the vampire stiffened and looked down at the sharpened wooden tip of one of Kate's aspen wood arrows sticking out for the front of its chest, right through its heart. The creature screeched suddenly , rolling off of Jerian, clawing at its chest as the holy water-infused arrow burned it from the inside out. Eventually he thing caught fire and burnt until there was nothing left but ash.

Jerian stood up, eyes going to Kate, who had rushed over to stab the creature with her arow. He gave her a grateful smile, "Thanks Arrow."

"Any time Hotshot." She said with a returned smile.

Both of them turned back to the last surviving vampire that was still facing off against Alice. Neither of them dared to go for their weapons in case they missed and hit the Dire-Wolf instead.
Getting angry she snarled at him and tried to catch him again, but he evaded her and tried to get her in return. Wincing she felt his claws graze her shoulder, but she pushed it off as she finally caught him across the chest, but he got away again marked that time as he snarled back at her. Alice went to get him when he suddenly appeared at her side and threw her into a tree hard enough that a few ribs were cracked or broken making her cry slightly before she growled at him and tried to escape. After a second she let herself shift quickly back to her human form. Alice shifted fast and quickly so before he knew it she was human and slipped out of his grip that had a dire-wolf before. Landing on her feet she crouched and kicked his feet from underneath him causing him to fall on the ground before she shifted quickly again and stood over him as a dire wolf and held him down her ribs throbbing, but she ignored it glaring at the vampire below her. Glancing to the humans she wondered if they wanted him or not for questioning as she continued to hold him down with all her weight as he tried to fight to get up.

Jerian and Kate approached cautiously, Jerian glanced over at her, "Do you remember the binding incantation?"

The blond girl nodded, "Want to interrogate him?" At Jerian's nod she approached closer, to Alice she said, "Hold him a little longer whilst I work the spell." She pointed both her hands towards the vampire, palms forward and closed her eyes. She began to chant softly in a tongue that no human mouth should have been able to speak, it had words but they seemed to slide out of perception almost as soon as they were heard, leaving only vague feelings and half-guessed meanings. A faint glow suffused her hands, growing stronger as her voice rose in volume and became more commanding, words of authority and power, words of binding, sealing and imprisonment. Her hands twisted in an odd gesture and the light from her hands shot towards the vampire beneath Alice, it screeched horrendously as the light touched it, solidified, grew tighter, until its arms and legs were bound by shackles and chains, which were carved with intricate, alien glyphs.

Arrow's hands fell to her sides, she swayed slightly but caught herself. The spell had obviously taken a lot out of her, "I... really don't like that spell." She mumbled.

The vampire strained against the chains, hissing, suddenly the chains tightened and it let out a shriek of pain, before the chains loosened, "What is this?" It snarled, "What did that witch do to me?"

"What does it look like? She chained you with chains inscribed wit holy symbols, forged at noon on the summer solstice and infused with the rays of the sun... a very very difficult spell to do." Jerian said smugly.

The vampire shrieked in rage. These chains would end up killing him if he could not get free, but not before the pain forced him to betray his Master.
Alice nodded as the human woman began to chant something. After a moment the vampire was chained with light and seeing that he was no contained she got off him and took a few steps back before shifting back into her human form and leaning back against a tree her ribs hurting as she felt them. A few were broken and the rest cracked, but the broken ones made it hurt to breath as she took shallow breaths and looked to the vampire. Watching him she shook his head seeing how he caused himself pain before looking to the two humans.

"For some reason you two seem to be drawing a lot of trouble." She stated wincing slightly her ribs still hurting, but they would eventually heal faster then a human would, but it took time. Alice studied the two quietly not understanding why they would look for danger being as human as they were. Sure they know a few tricks and had some good weapons, but without the weapons and tricks they are easily broken. Sighing she looked back to the vampire and glared at him not liking him and not feeling any bit sorry for him.

At her words Jerian chuckled, "Trouble has a way of finding us I've found. Remind me to tell you about the time I got dragged into Hell by a squad of Demons."

"We'll bring him back to The Hub for questionning. I'm sure Tech has a few toys that'll make this one talk."

The vampire glared at them, "Never! I will never betray Master! I would rather die!"

"Shouldn't bee too hard. You're mostly dead already." Jerian said.

The vampire snarled, "You dare mock me!? Master will -augh!" He cut himself off with a screech of pain as Kate made a clenching gesture with her hand and the chains tightened, she loosened her hand and the chains followed suit. The vampire shot her a dark look, "I will break freeof this, human, an when I do-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'll exact a horrible revenge, I'll scream and beg you for mercy, they'll never find my rotting corpse... I've heard it all before... and I'm still here." Kate said, she grabbed the chains holding the vampire from behind and hauled him to his feet, "Let's get you to my superiors for questioning."

Jerian turned to Alice, "Thanks for the help with this one." His expression turned to one of concern when he saw her holding her ribs, "Are you okay?"
Alice watched the male talk to her and she noted to ask him about getting dragged to hell. Sighing she watched them quietly as they talked and then started arguing with the vampire. Shaking her head she wondered how they did manage to last this long. If all humans were like this it was impressive they hadn't been wiped out yet by the beings who were a lot stronger. Though she did feel like the female shouldn't be mocking him, but he was mocking her in return, but if his master was as old as she thought he might be then these humans would have a big problem. Alice just shook her head when he said thanks. "Your welcome, but you may want to watch it." She stated simply having a bad feeling. Alice shifted and shrugged when he asked
if she was okay. "Just a few busted ribs and the rest cracked, but it's nothing it should eventually heal on it's own." She said though she still held her ribs since it did hurt to move and still to breath. Looking to the vampire she watched him carefully still worried as she looked back to the humans.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Mistaken Identity [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus