Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Hello, I'm The Undying!

I create fantasy/sci-fi worlds, artwork and languages. I can currently speak 5 out of the 20 core languages of D&D and write 2 of them with a full alphabet.

I had an awkward registration problem earlier (my email was too long for the form) so I used HTML to send a custom-sized form. :D
Sanne Moderator

Hi The Undying! Welcome to RPR, I hope you'll have fun around the site. :3

That is an awesome skill you've got there, I'm impressed! I speak 4 real life languages fluently, but I'm not that hell-bent on learning fictional languages. I would never get to use them and that makes me sad. :(

I'm curious about the registration issue though and what exactly you did. There's a reason for the limit, if you bypassed that you may encounter problems on the site in the long run. Can you do me a favor and notify our site administrator, Kim with details on what exactly you did? She can doublecheck all info and ensure your information was stored correctly. :)
Hello and welcome :)

It is sweet to find a D&D Roleplayer here. I just speak english and my native tongue is german.
I wanted to learn finnish and gave up, so 'kudos', I would have not the patience to learn any more languages ^.^
The_Undying Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Don't mind me, just sappin ur registration system. <_< >_> I will take your advice and submit a report to the admin.

Lol I use "speak and write" very lightly. I keep the secret to my language creation off the internet, however know that I'm simply articulating words that sound alien, not making a true language. I use these languages for the campaign setting I founded.

Sanne, I can translate whatever you want on request, into the main D&D languages. E.g. if you wanted to say "I am a friend and I mean you no harm", in the Common tongue, it is:

En locat eg rostuty tree en tirep satinny ksat lofnan
arjencommon.jpg

or in Elven:

Ar yail ah neuhan navay ar roma tana wen royaway
arjenelven.jpg
Holy cow, dude.

Can you become, like, my Elf translator please?

XD

I'm Oaky, and I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance! I hope we can become the best of friends!

Welcome to the Repository, my home on the internet. XD

I hope to see you around!

Cheers,

~Oaky

Yes I can translate on request. :D Go ahead.
Kim Site Admin

Hi there! Welcome to the site, and thanks for taking Sanne's advice and letting me know what happened. I checked your info and it was all stored correctly (and safely, for those of you who have been worrying -- input is validated by the server before it's accepted :) ). But, your case did bring the interesting matter of the short email input form to light, so I've gone ahead and written a patch to increase the allowable number of enterable characters. It should go out in a day or two when the next update occurs.

Anyway, sorry to deal with tech support in your welcome thread, it just seems to be part of your original topic! ;) Welcome to the site, and I hope you have a wonderful time here.

Yayz!

Right, to the creative forum!
I play D&D in real life, but my current group is having a hard time between people who seem to be rule nazis and those people who are pushing the story way off topic to the point where it nearly kills the party because the DM gets upset.

It's nice to meet you though! I am a fantasy Role Player myself, but I love Science Fiction and Realistic Fiction as well.

In the fantasy world I manage (I'll call it Arjen) there is a major city of futuristic-level technology, which is a still-functioning relic of a bygone age. Reminders of the past are dotted around the world. It's infrastructure is entirely intact, but it's manufacturing capacity is almost completely ruined, so weapons and consumables are gold standard and sword and sorcery is still dominant. The city is subject to the Dragon Rule, enforced by a complex shadow government, which states that nothing material may leave.

Also Arjen is partly a community driven project.

Also merry Christmas!

Among the more unusual languages I can "speak and write" is Infernal, the language of Devils. It's a different version to the Forgotten Realms Infernal. Some find it elvish, some find it creepy, apparently.
Hello, Undying :D. Just looking at your ability and the mentioning of DnD, I have a feeling that I am really, REALLY going to like some of the stuff you might do here.

Since you've been so kind to tell us a bit about you, I'll give you a nutshell of me. I'm a big DnD 3.x nut - have yet to try 4E - and mostly RP in the fantasy genre, with a very brief dabble into Sci-Fi every now and then; I have yet, however, to actually get an ARPEE going on the site. Whenever on I'm on, I'm lurking either in the Offtopic Section (I'm its Grand Overseer), or checking out the art section, though I rarely post outside of the main chat thread. Other than that, I'm a pony nut, I offer my wisdom on vehicles, and I advise on varying aspects of computer hardware should the need/occasion arise.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,
Ser Bonebag, Captain of the Aerial Combat Squadron (ACeS)

Yayz! Someone else who hasn't RPG'd here yet. ;D

This reminds me of the first sci-fi RPG I managed in which we took command of the Milky Way's empires and massacred each other. Good times!

The RPG is now dead (or comatose) and I've been reorganising the galaxy into one of fragile order under an interstellar senate. The galaxy has a multi-faceted universal language, Goshaugi, created by the grey aliens.

Lokaan tavuan tam kauaon? Or should I say, want to resurrect it?

Also can you explain what the Aerial Combat Squadron is?
Undying! Hey! Glad you took up my suggestion and joined the RPR!

Tis the Genocidal Maniac, Tsurani, here under a new name. Ah... the good times on MRP; the attack on Ravion and the destruction of Xi'Teleath, and the resultant deaths of a trillion Xin'Ta'Faxi, spring to mind. I think that actually broke our death-count record until you decided to blow up half of the galaxy.

I hope we can yet spread more mayhem and destruction on RPR too!

That reminds me; check out the RP Kingdoms group I'm apart of; you might find it of interest. You'll no doubt recognise Terel'Liren as the Second Kingdom of Terel, precursor to the Star Kingdom.

I will. :D
Wow, what an awesome skill. Welcome to RPR! I'm pretty sure you will fit right in here. Hope you are having loads of fun! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus