Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai had seen the girl, quickly walking to meet her. She gave the girl a cheerful grin, pulling out two wrapped items from her bag. "Got to make scones in my cooking class today. I saved one for you. I think they are pretty good." She handed it to Alexis and began making her way toward the sidewalk to head home, unwrapping the pastry as she did. She bit into the triangular, cinnimon scone and let out a pleased sound. Baking was her favorite thing to do... and eating the result her second favorite thing.

"I've been thinking about what I want you to make," she said, glancing over her shoulder to Alexis. "I want some kind of bird. I really don't care what kind. Just one that looks majestic and free."
(i completely forgot about the magic aspect of this rp lol. i'll start implementing it)

"Majestic and free? You mean like an angel?" Alexis replied in thought before taking a bite of the scone. There was something about the bread's fluffiness that made scones really really good. Even better when they're homemade. Well, in this case classmade. She looked up, hoping to see any form of bird in the sky but was only met by the tall glass structures and the congested skyway of the cybernetic city with no wildlife in sight. "That's not really a bird... sorry. but any kind, huh?" The next thing that came to mind was an eagle or maybe a swan. "Thank you, again for the food. This is really good."

"By the way, I still owe you a lot for all you've done for me. Thanks to you I'm beginning to feel right at home. The least I can do is offer you hospitality since... I have nothing else." Her phone buzzed again and she cursed in her native tongue under her breath as she glanced at the phone. Cecil was being incessant about the updates. Apparently their employer wasn't going to pay until they see some real progress, if that ever happens, that is. She quickly dismissed it and stuffed it in her bag again. "Dads..." she said with a giggle, "won't leave their daughters alone when they're away, don't you agree?"

Erasai gave a little laugh to Alexis's last comment, but didn't reply to it. But she did reply to the first of what she said. "Like an angel... I suppose. Though, I would hardly agree that angels are free." She continued enjoying her scone, walking Alexis toward her apartment. "And you really don't owe me anything. If everyone repaid every single instance of hospitality -- well, it would be an endless loop of nice-ness. Not to say that isn't a good thing... just, unlikely." They began nearing the apartments Alexis lived in.

"Did you happen to get any math homework? I got two assignments, and math is probably my worst --" Erasai started, before looking past the apartments as if distracted by something. She had noticed men standing at the end of the street, a covered jeep by them. They were in uniform... military uniform. She knew this region had a decent sized military, but she had never actually seen any members of the forces. And their uniforms looked the same as the ones she had seen most of her life.

Erasai had a sharp intake of breath, turning quickly to Alexis. "Do you mind if I come in real fast? I'm... not feeling so well." She could hide out in Alexis's apartment, until they were out of sight. She knew there was little danger in being seen by them, but she didn't want to risk anything. She couldn't.
"True, I suppose," Alexis said, stopping at the entrance of the apartment complex. The entrance was an iron gate that led into a small, decently maintained garden complete with a fountain and a gazebo that was encircled by the three-story apartment buildings.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do have math homework. Math's not my greatest strength, either but I know enough to help... and sure you can come in if you want." She didn't think too much on Erasai's sudden change of character, seeing as the girl had been tired all day she saw nothing strange in it. Had she glanced over her shoulder to see the soldiers behind her, Alexis would have drawn a few disastrous conclusions about Erasai but she did not and led Erasai deeper into the complex. Alexis's apartment was on the other side of the complex which required them to cross over the middle, past the small fountain. They reached a small, green door marked with a gold "11" and Alexis let Erasai into the dark room. "Sorry it's so dark," she said, kicking off her shoes and opening the blinds that led to the small back area of the apartment, "I'm not really bothered by... dark rooms so they're usually closed." The light flooded into the living room area, revealing the typical necessities of a living room: a reclining couch, coffee table and the hologram projector. The living room itself was connected directly to the small kitchen separated by a small bar, a bathroom, and a bedroom that Alexis immediately shut the door to. "Room's a mess. Still unpacking stuff. Want a drink or anything?"

"Ah... Just a water, I suppose," Erasai said, still somewhat nervous. She was sweating just a little, and she would occasionally look at the door, as if they might just walk inside. She knew that it would be hard to distinguish her from other girls in the city, but if someone who had personally been around her up until recently noticed her, it would be all over. She hadn't exactly changed her looks, only growing her hair out a little more over the past year or so.

She turned to Alexis again, wanting something to distract her. "So, I've realized I never really asked what country or region you are from. I notice the accent you have. I didn't want to be rude before, and just ask without really knowing you a bit better." She gave a small, very quick laugh.
Alexis opened the refrigerator, revealing nothing more than a pack of water, juice, milk, eggs and a half eaten banana. She was never much of a cook save for the really basic meals. She set Erasai's bottle of water on the bar, opening a bottle for herself. "You okay?" she asked before taking a sip. She cocked an eyebrow at the girl. It looked like she was having some sort of nervous break down. "If you're really not feeling well you should probably sit down. I can call an ambulance... if you want." She looked out towards the backyard and saw military caps peeking over the top of the stone wall of her backyard, crossing from left to right.

She was working for them. Not directly but as a hired mercenary so the majority of the military in the area do not know of the existence of undercover agents. In essence she is a civilian in the eyes of the military and is prone to the country's law. She sipped her drink again and realized Erasai was asking her a question just as the men's caps disappeared beyond her sight. "Hm? Oh, sorry... Germany. Raised in Germany at least. I was born in Russia and my father decided to move to my mother's home country to settle down. I don't mind you asking, really. It's nothing... too personal," she said. "What about you? You haven't said much about where you're from... nor have you said much about your parents. I'm sure you must miss them."

"I'm fine," Erasai said, reassuring Alexis, and herself. She took a deep breath, and took the bottle of water from the bar. She thought a bit on what she was asked. "I'm from this area, but my parents moved away, and I really wanted to stay here, so they let me." That was a lie. She actually had no idea where she was really from, being taken from her home at such an early age. And as far as her parents went, she could care less if she ever saw them again. Meeting them again was at the very bottom of her list of things to do.

"I was sheltered growing up, so I find it nice to be away from my parents. I hardly ever talk to them, since we kind of ended on a bad note; a family disagreement I guess you could say. But that's alright." She took a drink of the water, and let out a sigh. "So, what do you say we hit that homework? I'm feeling well enough to try and think more than I should about math problems." She laughed a bit, indeed feeling more relaxed in the apartment.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know," she said to Erasai in regards to the conversation about her parents. "I hope everything works out with you and your family eventually."

"Alright," Alexis said and sat down at the small dining table just past the bar. She pulled out her phone and hit a button, turning on the hologram projector in the living room. "Hope you don't mind a little noise from the television." She set it to go to a random channel and it stopped at an advertisement. She often found it easier to study when listening to the radio and as of recent she had picked up the habit of having the television on when she was trying to figure something out. Another push of a button on her phone caused the small device to project a simple calculator. "So long as it has nothing to do with trigonometry I believe we'll be fine." Alexis was being honest about her math abilities. As far as education went, her high school had stopped at intermediate forms of arithmetic and she hadn't learned math since. That was almost two years ago. Funny how time flies when you have nothing but undercover work ahead of you.

"It's nothing quite that hard, I hope," Erasai said, laughing a bit. She had calmed down now, and was now taking her textbook out of her bag. With all the advancements in technology, their school still likes to hold onto traditional things, textbooks for classes being one of them. She situated everything, and began solving the problems, which always seemed harder than normal to her. But with Alexis' help, it all seemed to get done pretty fast.

An hour and a half later, Erasai closed the book eagerly, letting out a breath of relief. "This stuff hardly seems important. How many times am I going to have to know exponential increases and decreases... or how to multiply fractions?" She looked to Alexis and smiled. "Thanks for helping me. I would have been at this all night. I'd like to rest up after today, at least."
It wasn't too hard. If anything this math was rather simple compared to what she had to deal with back in the old country. An hour went by quickly and with the completion of Erasai's as well as her own, she shut off her calculator and stood.

"You'd be surprised," Alexis responded with a giggle. In her head she thought about magic and it's correlation to exponential use. Military training had taught her a simplified numerical system to help in awareness in her magic use. Erasai didn't need to know exactly what element she used. The type Alexis had was known to be often used by mercenaries or assassins. She didn't want rumors like that buzzing around the school.

"Feel free to stay as long as you like-" Her phone rang and she sighed. "He won't leave me alone. Can you excuse me for a second?" Alexis snatched the phone and disappeared into her room, shutting the door behind her. "What? WHat do you want?" she said to Cecil who was taken aback by his subordinate's attitude. "Any progression on your mission? Our employers are starting to get antsy." "I haven't even been here for a full three days! How quickly do they expect me to finish this operation?" "They were expecting about a month before pulling the plug on the area but it seems out of the entire search operation, your photos have come closest to matching the objective's description. We're looking at a potential lockdown of the city as well as a more direct search over the course of the next few days. Just giving you a heads up. as well as information on how to identify yourself when the time comes..." "Can this wait? I have a guest right now and I don't feel comfortable leaving them alone in my living room." "Who's the guest?" "One of the potentials..." Alexis said, crossing her arms. There followed a brief pause in the line. "Does she have a tattoo?" Cecil asked. "I don't know that yet." "Will you find out?" "Time will come eventually. I'm not going to ask her right away." "Well be quick about it. And as far as identification goes-" "This has to wait, sir. I have to go." She hung up the phone, stopping the officer mid sentence and opening the door back to the living room. "Sorry about that," she said.

She was about to answer the girl, when Alexis' phone rang. She gave a silent nod as she watched to girl leave to her bedroom. After a moment, she began glancing around the place a bit more. It was fairly nice, just enough for a single girl in school. She wondered if Alexis' parents had furnished the place, or it was pre-furnished. Either way, the furniture was tasteful. She tapped her fingers lightly on the bar, by her book, and looked toward the bedroom door. She probably needed to get home soon, but didn't want to just leave why Alexis was away.

But finally, the blonde girl came from her room, giving an quick apology. Erasai shook her head lightly. "No need to say that. I understand how somethings must be handled." She gave a little laugh. "Thank you for the offer on staying longer, but I really should be going home. I'm pretty worn out from today. Maybe we could hang out tomorrow though?" She stuffed her book into her bag and slipped it over her shoulder.
"Of course," Alexis said with a small grin, "Stop by any time. Oh by the way..." She thought about asking Erasai directly about a tattoo but forming the question was a bit hard and seemed out of place. She was going for something along the lines of "Do you, by any chance, have a tattoo anywhere on your arm?" but it felt so out of the blue that she just let her sentence fall off. "Nevermind. Tomorrow though... I was thinking about looking around. Perhaps you'd like to come with me? I could use the company exploring this place."

That would work. A little outing. Maybe to a store or something. Clothing preferred as she could possibly get Erasai to try on something without sleeves, that and she could find something fluffy to keep her warm for the season. Two birds with one stone. And if she doesn't have a tattoo then even better.

Erasai stopped, looking at Alexis without expression when she asked about a tattoo. What an odd thing to ask about, especially with nothing leading up to it. She didn't know how to reply, and she wouldn't reply. That information was far too propitious to someone if they said it around the right person. Only a couple of people knew of the tattoo on her left shoulder blade, and she had explained it as an act of rebellion when she had turned 16 a few months back.

"I think having a day out would be nice," she replied, to the latter statement the blonde made. It was the day before the weekend tomorrow, so there would be no need to go home early for school the next morning. "I'll bring a change of clothes to school tomorrow, that way we won't have to back track." She made her way toward the door, and turned to say good bye before leaving.
Erasai didn't answer her question, which relieved her somewhat but the growing anxiety of finding out the truth was now beginning to gnaw at the back of her mind. She shook it off and looked at the situation optimistically: Erasai wasn't the target.

Alexis walked her guest to the door and saw her out. "I look forward to tomorrow, then," Alexis said with a wave. As soon as Erasai turned to leave, Alexis shut the door and leaned against it with a long drawn out sigh. Soon, she thought. It has to be soon. She'll find out and then Erasai will be cleared and labeled as not a potential target but a simple high school girl that Alexis wouldn't have to bother any more. But what if she was? The notion couldn't be set aside now that Alexis had time to herself to think about it. What was she going to do tomorrow? The poor girl was living alone and now she was going to be taken away without her family even knowing?

Alexis shook her head and reminded herself her position. She was a mercenary. She's here for money, not for living a life away from her homeland. Not for a second chance at a somewhat normal life. Money. Who was Erasai to her anyways? This was all a facade, she had to remember. She had to maintain that notion in her head that it was nothing but a facade. Erasai was nobody. Just the object that stood between her and her pay.

The blonde stood, undoing her tie and taking off her uniform. The day was over and she had a long night ahead of her.

Erasai made her way home quickly, the sunlight's almost faded from the streets. She at least wanted to make it home before it become too dark. She hated walking the streets alone at night.

She quickly entered her apartment when she came to the door, and locked it behind her. She threw her bag onto the chair nearby and rubbed her forehead. There had been too much thinking with the homework, and she was feeling somewhat stressed. Maybe it was because she had seen those military personnel, but she wanted to stray from those thoughts. A nice, hot bath would help. She was somewhat excited though, about tomorrow. It had been a long time since she had had the chance to go out and be normal; to do things with normal people. She could feel her highschool girlish side coming out. This was what she had been hoping to achieve when she slipped from the military's grasp. The normal life her parents had neglected her when they turned her over to the military.

After soaking in the bath for a half hour, she retired to her room, ready to sleep until her alarm went off.

The sun was just peeking between the tall buildings when Erasai began making her way down the street toward school. Even though she had had a difficult time falling asleep, she felt strangely energetic. She really couldn't wait for the day to be over with. Along with her school things, she carried a change of clothes for when her and Alexis would go out.
(hello! i'm still here. been busy with class n such but back.)

Another day to go through after what few hours of sleep she could squeeze in from the night. Preparations had to be made as well as location and planning for everything to work perfectly. In the back of her mind, however, she doubted this much was needed to capture one person.

Due to all the arrangements that had to take place last night, Alexis had forgotten to bring a change of clothes. She realized this when she spotted Erasai at the gate. "Good morning," she said, "You're all... ready to go I see. Unfortunately for me I've forgotten about some of the smaller details..." She let out a tired yawn and walked next to Erasai. "So, do you have any place in mind that you'd like to go later today? I at least want to go clothes shopping. That's my one goal to get done today. Get ready for the warmer weather, no?"

Erasai smiled to Alexis, feeling a bit odd now that she had brought a change of clothing. What was wrong with wearing her school uniform around? She gave a little laugh, before saying, "I can wear my uniform too, if you want. It isn't a big deal, I suppose." She started up the walk way that lead toward the school, before adding, "I think the mall would be the best place. There are plenty of clothing stores, and I'm sure we will find something else to do. I hear they have a pretty cool arcade."

She had never been to the mall, only heard people talking about it. And now that she thought about it, this would really be her first time going out for fun with someone. Her almost two years here, and she hadn't bothered to do it before. Alexis just seemed really cool to her. She wasn't all spazzy and hormonal like most the other girls.
"Oh, I wouldn't want to force you to do that," Alexis said, shaking her head, "Honestly, walking around afterschool in this uniform makes me feel like a school girl. I'm sure you feel the same." A mall! She hadn't been to one since she was a child. There weren't much to begin with back at her home in the countryside so she had only been to a few on occasion. She was excited to go but the anxiety of what she was really doing this for kept her from expressing too much excitement. Remember, she thought to herself, Erasai is just a target. An objective. Get this done, get paid, go home and never see this person again.

"Alright. I'll meet you at the gate after school. We'll see about that arcade." She wasn't too much into videogames mostly because of the lack of exposure to it. Personally, she thought it a waste of time. Watching the techno geek mercenaries back home spew nonsense about a fantasy world made her want to gag.

(we could probably add a time skip if you want again.)

Erasai gave an approving smile. "At the gate then! That's when we start our weekend!" She threw her hands behind her back, along with her bag, and gave a subtle laugh. She really couldn't wait; this was going to be so much fun. If she thought yesterday was long, it would be torture today.

The school bell rang, and it was a rare sight, seeing Erasai one of the first ones out the door. Her friends seemed a bit curious, but she didn't give them enough time to question her. She quickly jogged to the gate, not seeing Alexis there. So she leaned against a post by the iron bars. She swayed back and forth, humming lightly to herself. This would be her first real weekend. Her first time hanging out with a friend. She had always been afraid to do so before, but she felt comfortable around Alexis.
She hung up her phone with a sigh. Everything was set. Like staring a mouse trap waiting to snatch a mouse she eyed the cab that she called in as it pulled into the front gate. As expected, Erasai was there, waiting for her. Such a pity, she thought to herself, the girl has no idea what is going on. Alexis almost felt guilty. "Hey," Alexis said to Erasai with a very forced smile. Her voice was shaky as she spoke. Just an objective, she reminded herself and the young woman cleared her throat. "Sorry, I'm a bit nervous... no not nervous but anxious. Been a while since I've gone out on my own. Shall we go then? That's our cab. Called it in when I left class."

"Alex?" the driver asked, rolling down the passenger window. "Ja, that's me. Um... the nearest mall, I suppose. I don't know the name..." she eyed the driver and he nodded at her knowingly. Alexis opened the door for Erasai.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » On the Wings of Freedom: 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus