Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New Forum Idea

I was looking over my characters on dA, trying to decide which to migrate over here, and I got to thinking... We need a Fan-Based Roleplay forum. Of course, I don't know how many people would actually be interested in that, and I think it would help organize RPs better, rather than just throwing them into the other forums. That way, if someone just feels the urge to RP their favorite game, show, movie, etc. It would be easy to find or create one.

Just a suggestion, and I'm not even sure everyone would like something like that. >.< But thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
Sounds like an idea to me. It'd be good to know there's a place to rp with my anime version of my characters rather than just throwing em under general.
Sanne Moderator

Perhaps it's an idea to create a group dedicated to your fan-based characters?

I'm afraid that if Kim does implement a special board for movies/cartoons etc. that one movie or cartoon or book will 'take over' by spamming the board with topics for only that movie/cartoon/book. I'm thinking the ever so popular Harry Potter or Twilight. Other topics will get lost in the spam of the most popular.

A group however will specifically cater to your favorite movie/cartoon/book. You can manage it properly and invite people over etc. :) It might be a better solution for your needs!
Wait...does that mean I can make more than 1 group?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Lance2011 wrote:
Wait...does that mean I can make more than 1 group?

Yes :)
*eyes roll back as brain fries from the sudden overload of possibilities*
Sanne Moderator

Lance2011 wrote:
*eyes roll back as brain fries from the sudden overload of possibilities*

IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

*flail*
OH SNAP IT'S TIME FOR MY DINOSAUR COMICS FANFIC OC TO COME TO LIFE

it is the end of your world
Darth_Angelus Moderator

mross wrote:

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
darth_angelus wrote:
mross wrote:

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
ah, the fun never ends
Kim Site Admin

I'm less concerned about one fandom taking over as I am about dead forums. We don't have enough new RPs being started in any one genre to justify adding a new forum yet.

If at any point the general RP forum is struggling under the weight of original RPs vs. fan RPs, I'll split them into their own. In the meanwhile, it's not exactly a playground too crowded to share.

If you want a special place just for a certain fandom, Sanne is exactly right that creating a group is a fantastic option.
Then on that note I move tp create a group that will push to elect Kim for world president!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

You're not thinking big enough.

I'm God Emperor of the Universe but I'd be willing to share with Kim :)
Fine then I'll be King God Emporer of all Creation and the Universe. And Kim can share that too. Heh.

1-Upped! Oh! Heh.
Kim Site Admin

You guys are nuts. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That's the nicest thing someone has said to me all day, thanks Kim! :D
SeraphicStar

And I can be Jarman, the man with absolute power over jars and other glassware.

edit: NUTS? ME? HOW DARE YOU!?!?! -ragequit-
I'm nuttier than squirrel poo. Heh.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » New Forum Idea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus