Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Johnny Depp at it again.

SeraphicStar

darth_angelus wrote:
Making and acting in movies is harder and more time consuming than most people think.

Oh, yes, definitely. Some people don't seem to realize this.
darth_angelus wrote:
Making and acting in movies is harder and more time consuming than most people think.

I definitely ditto that! We made a spoof of LOTR during day camp one time and just a half-hour spoof with preteens was really difficult.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Please tell me that was posted online? :D
SeraphicStar wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:

Oh, yes, definitely. Some people don't seem to realize this.

yes, this is why people would rather make pirates of the caribbean 7 than something intrinsically valuable. if i was gonna invest 250 million in something, i'd want it based on a formula too.

not every character in tv and movies is special. look at something like burn notice (since it's on right now). each of the three main characters is equally important to the plot, make useful contributions, and don't have more face time than the others. imagine if johnny depp had a role in that show. think about how it would look. search your feelings, you know it to be true.

also, i rescind my points about rango, haven't seen it so i can't say anything legitimate about it.

edit: my star wars reference reminded me of something. remember how obi wan says, "only a sith deals in absolutes!"? (note: that sentence is an absolute.) but, at some other point in the trilogy, palpatine, who is a sith, says to anakin, "good and evil are points of view."

OBI WAN IS A SITH. PALPATINE IS THE ONLY TRUE JEDI. TRUE FACTS!
darth_angelus wrote:

GOOD HEAVENS NO. But I do have it on dvd. xD Somewhere. I recently lost it and I was all sad 'cause I was gonna show my boyfriend how much of a nerd I was. I was Legolamb. Fashionista extraordinaire.
CelestinaGrey wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:

GOOD HEAVENS NO. But I do have it on dvd. xD Somewhere. I recently lost it and I was all sad 'cause I was gonna show my boyfriend how much of a nerd I was. I was Legolamb. Fashionista extraordinaire.

probably better than the original

/troll
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Ah, I see. Well I think he just has a knack for the creepy. One could make the same argument for Orlando Bloom or Robert Pattinson.

Question though. Doesn't he do the voice of Rango? That is rather completely off the archetype you claim him to be from, so I think he's trying to expand his horizons a bit.

He also did 'The Secret Window', which I rather enjoyed.

Edit: Ooh, and 'Once upon a time in Mexico".
ALSO: both ss and fitb need to get to postin' in swd. WILL WE ALL GET BONED BY TELEGA??? READERS ARE DYING TO KNOW (NOT REALLY)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:

You really should find it, sounds like fun :)
MorganElevrate wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Ah, I see. Well I think he just has a knack for the creepy. One could make the same argument for Orlando Bloom or Robert Pattinson.

Question though. Doesn't he do the voice of Rango? That is rather completely off the archetype you claim him to be from, so I think he's trying to expand his horizons a bit.

He also did 'The Secret Window', which I rather enjoyed.

an actor playing a writer. who is haunted.

okay i apologize guys i'm going to stop posting in this thread 'cause i'd just be outright trolling at this point.
darth_angelus wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:

You really should find it, sounds like fun :)

If I find it, I might think about putting it up. Maybe. It's embarassing. XD
Just gonna say, Rango was really good. We had a choice between Red Riding Hood and Rango. We opted for the less retarded looking one. It was well worth it, in my opinion..
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:

I shall look forward to it :)
SeraphicStar

darth_angelus wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:

I shall look forward to it :)

Me too. :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Johnny Depp at it again.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus