Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Customizing tip for Group Owners

Sanne Moderator

It can be really tough to get the right color combination for your group. There are tons of possibilities!

For those who struggle to find the right color palette that is appealing but not OMG BLINDING to your eyes, perhaps try ColourLovers.com?

Check out this page right here. :D

There are over a million and a half color palettes created that you can pick from, all contributions from people such as you and me. By clicking on a palette you get a page with each color shown separately. Just grab the HEX code from each color and copy and paste it into your group's Appearance settings. :)

I hope some of you will find this useful!
Kim Site Admin

Thank you for sharing that! I am definitely going to have to play with it now.

My personal favorite color resource is http://kuler.adobe.com/ You just have to tell it a color that you like, and then pick one of five rules of color theory and it will tell you what colors go with the first one. Or you can show it a photo with colors you're attracted to and it will assemble a palette for you.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Oooh! That looks really nice! Definitely got that one bookmarked. :) I can't seem to find a HEX code though, I'm assuming that's more something you use to assemble a layout or fetch a colorscheme for projects in Photoshop and the like?

Edit: I forgot to mention, these sites are naturally not just for RPR related purposes. It can help you get a good color scheme for new characters, to create artwork or help with school projects etc. Heck, it can help you decorate your house! :D
Kim Site Admin

No no, I use it for web design layouts constantly.

When you've found a palette you like that other people have made, take it into the editor (there's a tiny button with lots of sliders on it) and it will give you all kinds of info about the colors, including their HEX code.

The editor is by far the best thing about the site, I loooove messing with their color theory machine.

Oh gosh, I only found it because you told me.

I suck at complicated things. XD This site is so cool but it may be too hard for me to work comfortably with. (My netbook is also kind of slow with Flash pages, plus it's a small screen!)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

There goes my evening ;)

darth_angelus wrote:
There goes my evening ;)

I'd say it's an evening colorfully well spent. :D
I would have to agree with Sanne on the colorful evening.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Customizing tip for Group Owners

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus