Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ghosts and Werewolves (1x1)

Roland was busy teaching his first class. Well, not his very first. But the first of the semester! He was just finishing up, and the bell rang just on time. "Alright, class. That's it for today! Remember what I told you, and you'll do great this semester!" However, he caught one student on her way out. "Hoooold up one minute, miss. Late to class on the first day, spacing out the whole time... I don't think that'll help you pass. And trust me, I want you to pass as much as you do."
Josephine Akins (played by Djinn-n-Tonic)

She was already annoyed, simply from her ghost being present all the time. He never left, nor could he ever. He was tied to her now and that was that, despite how much she disliked it or tried to ignore him, Blaise was always there, watching her or making comments about the things she did. She hated it, but to make matters worse, she was being stopped by the teacher? Blaise laughed.

In his life, Blaise Pruiett never really amounted to much. He was young, maybe early twenties. His dress was a mixture of tattered garments that provided layers. He looked to be a ruffian, usually having a smirk on his features.. He was alive during the revolution and was a thief and an informant by trade. He died in prison of presumed natural causes and since then has been kept back from passing over.. Perhaps he was getting a chance from god to redeem himself, but he saw it more that he was just being tasked with annoying an equally annoying girl..

Joli stared back at Roland, but was looking at Blaise, who also was saying something to her.. "God, you are worse than I was with studies. It never amounts to anything, anyway. You'll just waste your time and be told you are stupid!" His accent was somewhat thick, but fell on deaf ears on all others except for her.. He was a French immigrant, and that would always stick with him. She scowled at him, glaring slightly, but Roland would think it was he that she was doing this to.. Then she craned her neck around to stare at Roland in a more clear sense.. But Blaise stepped into her sight again, but was ignored. "Sorry.." She said quietly to him, frowning a little and turning more so that she could come back into the room, passing Blaise.

She looked exhausted and it didn't help that she didn't want to make eye contact with him. The hem of her jacket was worked between two fingers while the bag was clenched a bit. "I'll try harder tomorrow." She couldn't promise that. There was nothing she could promise, because everything that held certainty was insane.. Seeing ghosts, traveling the spirit world when she slept and having to deal with random letters from some unknown group or a single person. She didn't know, but after the first one she refused to read them. There was nothing else that she could say, but she knew she wanted to leave. She was going to be late for work, though.. She would rather just quit that job anyway.
Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Roland watched her carefully. "...get some more sleep tonight, alright? First day of classes is nerve-wracking, I know. But just try to get some more sleep tonight and come to class on time tomorrow, okay?" He smiled gently, then let her go off. But there was something wrong about her. He could feel it. That side of him could feel it. And if that side of him sensed something, then it couldn't be good. He sighed and closed things up, heading home.

She nodded a little. "I'll try." She would. Sometimes the phone rang relentlessly and she had to disconnect it or hide it in a box somewhere.. It would still ring, but it could be Blaise who was being a jerk.. Then again while at home he mostly kept to himself and would mess with her, but not while she slept. He needed her to sleep, as he needed her just as she needed him.

There was a huge list of things that could hold her back from coming on time. She liked to not think of them and instead think of something less stressful, like sleeping or not worrying about stupid ghosts.. She nodded to the teacher once more, then excused herself, pulling the blazer off as she headed for the door. She needed to get home as fast as possible and change.. She didn't want to be late for work, otherwise she'd be reprimanded about that as well.

Time passed and work came. It was dreadful as always. General family restaurant that required everyone to be on the same page and wear uniforms with aprons with tons of little emblems and things on them, as well as be happy robots.. THAT sort of place. Joli had been working here for a few months now as a waitress. It didn't pay all that well, but she got by with it. It was all that was hiring at the time and that was quite a pain.

It wasn't in her personality to be here in this place and be forced to appear happy. Not that she couldnt be happy, no she could, but she was under a lot of stress.. More so than a normal person should be. It was in times like this that she would forget to wear her sash with emblems on it, or forget bits of flair or whatever they called it within the establishment. And these things held higher penalties than coming in late, or missing work entirely. It was weird, and the entire time Blaise was there to make it worse.

Her pad was collected and she made her rounds, looking for tables with the little flags positioned in the center, to let her know that someone was waiting on something.. With one spotted, she approached to see what they wanted.

Roland was rather surprised when he looked up at his waitress and found...his new student. Well....this was awkward. But it was normal for students to have after-school jobs. He just cleared his throat a little, gave her his drink order, and looked at the menu. Well. Yeah. This was awkward. He wasn't used to eating out, he didn't do it often. But, well, he didn't feel like eating at home tonight. Just because.

Most people would think of it as fate. Roland just considered it coincidence. Awkward coincidence.

Blaise made all the jokes and comments he could about this, that her teacher was following her and was going to do things, and this was how he made his first impressions for a relationship, was at weird eateries with a bunch of families present.

Joli ignored Blaise the best she could, but her frown became apparent after each thing she wrote down, but she spoke soon, clearing her throat. "I'll take this.. and come back with your drink." She couldn't act miserable, so she put on a smile and turned.

That was when she noticed her boss hawk-eying her from across the entire restaurant. All the other people who messed up didn't even matter.. It was her who he was after. It seemed like it was always her. She did her best to ignore his stare, turning away to head back for the cooking area, as well as stopping at the drink station to get him what he ordered..

Eventually she returned, somewhat looking over herself to make sure everything was in check.. That was when she begun to notice a few things.. Mainly the big sash that she had to wear. She didn't have it and her face paled slightly. That's why she was being stared down by her boss like she was a small rodent of some sort, that he'd viciously tear into.. Since he probably would. Roland's drink was placed before him and she hesitated a bit. "Uh.." She rubbed her temple and looked to him. "If you need refills, just set the other flag up.. I'll make rounds. Your food will be ready shortly."

Joli felt it. Her boss was on the move and she didn't want to be near Roland. No not her teacher.

Roland noticed she was nervous. Well, who wouldn't be? When she brought him his drink, he listened to her and nodded. "Alright." He smiled at her, trying to make things less weird, and then sipped from his drink. That was when he saw the manager walking over to them. What was that all about? He watched carefully, sipping his drink contently.

Blaise phased through a wall, but went ignored as she passed into threshold into another area of the resturaunt, one that didn't have many people in it and had staff cleaning tables and the like.. That was when it began. Nothing could really be heard over the other occupants, but the manager was doing a lot of pointing and motioning over her attire or the lack of certain things, as well as waving a pad at her.

Joli backed away, pushing against a table, before she stepped forward, pointing at him, prodding him in his chest, then the nametag was jerked off and slammed down on a table, she undid her hair as well.

Someone else was bringing Roland his food. They set it down before him and walked off.

Joli by this time had left the boss looking furious, all while she was talking.

".... And I don't need this job either!" She turned finishing off her sentence and having others stare at her. She looked to them for a moment before she turned on her heel, heading for the door unless stopped.

Roland watched carefully. Well, that's not good. And this caused her to quit. Hmmm. Definitely not good. He ate quickly and paid it, then scrambled to his feet and hurried after. "Josephine!" he called. He couldn't just have her wandering the streets now that she left her job. Kids these days could do anything if they were upset. He ran over to her, and managed to get there. "Josephine, hey. Where are you going?" He couldn't help but be concerned about his students.

Blaise never actually had a job to be fired from.. or well he did, and technically dying in prison is like being fired so.. There was that. Either way he didn't make anymore jokes, rather he was quiet, shifting through buildings as he made his way for Joli.

Who had stormed out the door and headed down the street. She'd have to return the uniform, as they couldn't FORCE her to remove it here. Honestly she would rather just burn it and be done with it, but she didn't need that sort of trouble..

Then her teacher ran after her, yelling her name. When he caught up, she stopped and backed away. "I.." Her brow furrowed and she glanced towards Blaise, who shrugged. "I'm heading home.." Probably to a gas station to pick up a paper.. she had to check the job ads or something.

"Why?" She frowned. It was weird. What was his deeaaal? She groaned and sighed, leaning back against whatever building she was next to.

Roland was not out of breath in the least. "Well, I'm allowed to be worried about my students, aren't I? After all, it wasn't a pretty sight in there. Are you okay?" He was glad she was going to go home. "Do you need a ride home?" He lifted up his hands. "We can ride windows down and everything, so you're not creeped out, okay? I just want to make sure you get home safe." Honestly, one could not seem more sincere than Roland. As punkish as he looked, he was still in his teacher clothes, so he seemed pretty normal. "So can I give you a ride home? We can stop by the gas station and all. I just want to make sure you get home safe."

He wasn't about to let her go through that town alone. Definitely not.

He was entitled to worry about her, just as she was entitled to feel weirded out.. The offer of a ride was nice, but she didn't really want to accept it, yet.. At the same time it would keep her from having to take well lit streets so she can safely get home..

"Yeah, I'm fine. I really hated that job anyway." She said she was fine and honestly she was, but it just sucked.. She had to find another job before the week was out, otherwise she was going to have more troubles.. She eventually scoffed just thinking about the job. "You know, how many stupid tags and pins you wear on your damn uniform shouldn't reflect on your job or how you do it. And it pisses me off! I worked my ass off there, I wore the stupid uniform and dealt with the fu-." She stopped herself and stared at him for a moment, frowning. She wasn't in school, so it wasn't like she could be in trouble. She was an adult, she didn't need someone acting like her father.. Which he wasn't, but still..

She calmed down, growing silent for a moment or two, giving the offer of the ride another thought. "Sure.." She didn't want to tell him where she lived, but she figured that all he had to do was check the school register if he REALLY wanted to know.. By the directions she gave him, it lead to a not so great part of town, but at least she'd get a ride.

She glanced to Blaise, staring off in the distance for a moment. "Thanks."

Roland listened to her rant, calmly and patiently. When she stopped, he chuckled. "Yeah. That was pretty ridiculous. They should judge you based on your performance, I agree. And you seem to be a hard worker." He would take her to his car, and help her in. He kept his hands to himself and he got into the driver's seat. He drove off, following her directions. When they arrived....well, he wasn't happy with where she lived, but he was glad he gave her a ride. "Well, here we are. If you need help finding a job, let me know and I can help you look, okay Josephine?" He smiled gently, staying in the car and letting her get out.

"Take care, and remember; get some sleep! I'll see you at school tomorrow." Once she was inside, he would drive off. Now he had a lot on his mind.

She couldnt say she felt bad for ranting. It felt better to do that than go home mad and not sleep.. The ride was a quiet one and she was thankful for this, at least until she got home. When he offered help, she stared at him, frowning. A glance behind her was given, then back to him. Blaise laughed, prodding towards Roland's head. He'd probably feel something, but it would be unknown as to what it was.

"Boy he's a busybody, isn't he? Real odd chap.. I bet he's after something, or hiding something! I can find it out." He cackled to himself, and shifted out of the vehicle. Perhaps leaving some evidence of noise from moving. Joli shook her head a bit. "Uh.. No I think.. I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the ride." Blaise often upset her or made her mad, but.. sometimes he had her thinking.. He ruined her life, and she might as well listen to him on occasion when he has something to say..

She got out and didn't really bother to look at him. "Thanks." She moved for the door to the apartment, opening the main door and sliding into the hall, stepping past someone who slept there and made her way to the staircase, heading up and then to her apartment. Perhaps a slightly annoyed and muffled yell was given once she got in, but none of that mattered.

These letters were going to drive her insane.

Roland felt the nudge, and his wolf side nearly had him let out an audible growl. But control, he held on to his control. He just smiled. "Alright. Any time, I'm glad to help out if someone's in need. If you need a safe ride getting home from school, just let me know. I can get you the bus schedule or give you a ride, okay?" He smiled and waved, then drove off. There was definitely something wrong with Joli. Something different was with her. A feeling, something that was...different. His wolf side didn't like it. He needed to investigate more. But...maybe not tonight. He had class to teach tomorrow.

The next day Joli was there on time to most of her classes, but definitely was on time to HIS class, and still did her best, attempting to focus. She got more done, but still felt drained. This could have partly been from Blaise or the fact that she neglected to allow him to help her.

A full nights sleep had been had and she even ate breakfast or what of it that there was. It was something that she snacked on from last night, but honestly it seemed like a bad idea now. She felt ill, but ignored it. Class would be over soon and she could go home.. She didn't think that she would be staying there though.

She caved in the middle of the night and opened one of the envelopes. It was a different color than the rest. It talked of a job, upon completion of checking out a known location to have a sort of 'port' to the spirit world, where horrid spirits came through, and doing something about it, she would have money delivered to her home, or at a drop location. Joli didn't know how she felt about the latter, nor the having money sent to her home, but what could she do?.

And the location. She didn't know what to do about, but she did have that book.. and that book would tell her. Despite the pages missing.. Included in the letter was a page. Perhaps a copy or something. She wondered if it meant that the other letters had pages. She'd need to re-page that book. Perhaps she would spend all night doing that. When she started getting them, Blaise wouldn't tell her what they had in them, but told her not to burn or throw them away. He felt something with them, but couldn't explain it.

Despite hating him very much, she did take his advice and just begun piling them up in the corners or leaving them where they were dropped. They made a nice floor mat. Her attention snapped back to her school work and she begun writing again. She'd have to leave quickly, so that Roland didn't get any ideas.. She felt he meant well, but she didn't want him in her business. It wasn't right. She didn't want to be all up in his business, so why should he, even as her teacher be up in her business.

Roland kept careful eye on Joli, but not that it could be seen by anyone else. He did a good job teaching, as always. When class was over, he dismissed everyone and sat down at his desk. He just smiled as his students left. He didn't even stop Joli! But he did get a phonecall on his cellphone. He answered it quickly. "I just finished class, it better be important." he mumbled into the phone. Still giving smiles to his students. He listened for a few moments, then frowned. "I'll be right there." He got to his feet and started collecting his things.

"Alright guys, come on, you're lazing here." He chuckled and shooed everyone out, still keeping a fake smile on his face. He was going to the car as soon as he could.

Joli must have been the first out of the door. Blaise kept quiet, but followed her.. She was going to head home and then from there she was going to go check out this location. She didn't want her school clothes to be ruined. She didn't have the money to get another set, and she didn't have the time to deal with stitching things herself.

She didn't have friends anymore, not openly. It was rare that she had a friend.. Mainly because everyone must have thought her insane, so her walk home was done alone. It was daylight, so that was just fine.

She didn't want to run into Nikolai and his wife.. They'd ask where she would be going or why she wasn't at work. She admitted that they were fairly nosy as well, but they were nice people and they were kind to her when she needed it. They didn't ask questions that they did not need to, nor did they act creepy.. Mostly it was bringing left overs to her place and telling her the news that they pick up. It was a system! One she somewhat liked. If more people were like them, she could deal with it, but they weren't.

Joli took to the streets, keeping her bag on her shoulder while she walked. Mostly everything else was ignored, but it was hard to ignore Blaise with his almost constant talking.

Down the street though, was loud noises. Fight noises. A few boys were getting into a rather big brawl. And suddenly, Roland's car screeched up. He got out and went right up to the fight, shoving the boys aside. He instantly started scolding a couple of them, as if he were their father or something. But they were older teens, so he couldn't possibly be their father. The boys took off quickly. The others that he hadn't scolded were given a few threatening words, and they took off too. Well, except for one cocky boy.

That cocky idiot swung a fist at Roland. His movements were so sudden, so quick, that it was amazing. He ducked and dodged, grabbed the boy's arm and flipped his body up over him, landing him on his back. "Get out of here, punk." he growled. The teen ran off quickly. Roland straightened and brushed off his hands. "Stupid pups..." he grumbled under his breath. He didn't even see Joli yet.

The sounds of the scuffle could be heard, but it didn't catch Joli's interest. These sometimes were normal things that happened.. It was only until she heard the screech of the tires as Roland slammed on the breaks and got out. She backed up a bit and pressed against the nearest wall, watching for a moment as he ran to join in. Oh this was good.

Blaise pointed and laughed. "Oh wow! He likes to fight too! That should be interesting later on. Maybe you an' him can get into it." He smirked towards Joli, but she frowned at him. "Shut up, Blaise." She growled a bit, looking back for Roland. He was aggressive in how he acted, yet different back at school.. Suppose that made sense and all, but still. Very dominant!

Honestly she was not too surprised that he could do these things.. The feats of strength and such. He seemed like the sort of person who could do things like this. He was fairly muscular after all.. When it was over, she moved back from the wall, knocking a trashcan that happened to be conveniently placed there to get on her nerves..

Once it clattered to the street, she turned and ran, cutting into an alley and would continue running. Had to get home, oh god. He was going to catch her watching him beat up on others.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Ghosts and Werewolves (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus