Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » She only looks like a predator (1x1 with Oaky)

Other characters (played by EonRising)

Desolation_by_alexiuss.jpg
Natalia shivered slightly as a strong gust of wind whistled through the broken windows of the twisted and distorted skeletons of buildings.
In the distance, the scream of some mutant made the young hybrid freeze and she whimpered slightly, tail between her legs. After a few minutes, she pressed forwards.
Her large shirt was ripped along her shoulder and belly, exposing the fur beneath and her jeans were frayed around the bottoms.
Each step she took, she shivered again, the cold seeping up through her bare paw pads. Another shrill scream echoed through the skeletal city but this time it was much closer, as if only around the corner.
Natalia let out a quiet meep and ran into the first building she saw: the remains of an old toy store. She cuddled against a wall behind a large shelf stocked with stuffed animals, most of them charred but some still in good condition.
Outside, foot steps could be heard and she cuddled closer against the wall.

(art (C) Alexius
Bunny Kitty Moose (played by Oaky)

Two voices could be heard arguing. They were whispers, but they were most likely clearly heard by the girl.

"Stop shoving! There's plenty of room here!"

"I was hewe fiwst! Hey! Stop dat!"

"Shhh! They're find us!" Suddenly, a monkey Pillow Pet hopped into the girl's lap, and looked up at her, his small tail wagging.

"Merr merr!" He happily said. Apparently, he wasn't as scared of her as others might be.

Bunny and Kitty, the two voices arguing, froze. Moose had found someone? Uh oh... Was he in trouble?

"Moosy! Awe you OK? Is it a code wed?"

"Merr-err!" Moose said.

"OK. Is da coast cweaw?"

"Merr-herr! Merr-herr!"

"OK. Can we come out?"

"Merr-herr! Merr-herr!"

"OK. Is it safe fow us-"

"Yes, it is, Bunny. Isn't it painfully obvious by now? C'mon, let's go say hi."

Two other stuffed animals appeared in front of the girl. A very annoyed Kitty sat next to a now-cheerful Bunny.

"Hey! I'm Gween Bunny! Dis is my fwiend Kit-"

"Karlos von Kattington. My name is not Kitty."

"Ok ok, sheesh. Anyway, you've awweady met ouw fwiend Moose! I caww him Moosy. How awe you today?"

What an idiotic question, given the setting. Still, it was Bunny's signature introduction, and old habits die hard.

Little did they know the day they were about to have...
Other characters (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

Natalia heard the two little voices and her fur stood on end and when Moose jumped into her lap, she nearly screamed, only able to suppress the urge by thinking of the mutant which she had started to call a seer killer outside.
The young hybrid quickly tossed Moose aside and then the horrified look returned to her face as the other two stuffed animals approached and she pulled her legs up to her chest.
Th-they were talking?! And walking?! But that wasn't important.
Another shrill screech echoed just outside and Natalia cuddled closer into the shadows, grabbing a normal stuffed animal and held it close, putting a finger to her lips to quiet Kitty and Bunny, her cheek fur stained with horrified tears.

Bunny cocked his head to the side when he noticed Natalia's obvious fear of her.

Moose, after being tossed, and feeling no pain, began to weep loudly. "MOOOOOO-HOO-HOO!!! Merr moo moo moo!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

His weeping was cut off by Kitty tackling him, who quickly began to realize what was happening here. There were creatures who were hunting this poor girl down.

"Quiet! We might not be killed so easily, but she could be! There are... Things out there!" Bunny then realized exactly what was going on.

"Ohhh. Oh my goss. I'm so sowwy. We didn't mean to scawe you! Hey! We have supew powews, wight? Maybe we could pwotect you fwom dese... Dese tings?"

Kitty looked at Bunny. "Finally, he has a good idea. Hey, don't worry person. We'll protect you. No one can destroy the world but me!"

The two proceeded to stand protectively in front of Natalia. Not very formidable to the eye, but in reality they were very deadly.

Natalia had called them seer killers for a reason: of the few people she had seen, nearly each once was killed because one of these mutated survivors had seen them, and once they've been seen, the mutant followed it's prey and killed it without ever stopping to drink or rest. They were slow but persistent hunters, who had horrible sense of smell but incredible hearing and sight.
Natalia put her finger to her lips again, wrapping her long shark tail around her knees as she tried to silence the two stuffed animals, absolutely terrified of them, but even more so of the creature outside.
It breathed heavily outside, loud enough that the shark/fox could hear all the way in the back of the store. It stayed in exactly the same spot for a few minutes in the middle of the road before letting out another bone-rattling shriek and left.
Natalia still didn't dare move for another ten minutes and she didn't make a sound until she was sure that the Seer Killer was gone, at which point she scrambled as far away from the three animated stuffed animals as she could, eyes wide with fear.
"W-what are you?!"

Kitty licked his paws, feeling quite confident that he could take on this... Shrieking, snuffling... Beast.

Bunny, on the other hand, was quaking. He had avoided fighting people for things (besides Kitty and Moose) for basically his entire life.

Moose sat still and quiet, also scared. And sad. Nobody loved him! He felt like crying again when the screech sounded out. Then he knew he couldn't cry, because Kitty would tackle him again.

They all sat absolutely quiet for ten minutes when they were shocked by Natalia's sudden movement. Kitty thought for a moment before answering her.

"We're your guardians! Yeah. I like that. Since there seems to be no one else around, we'll be hanging around you and fighting off these things. You see, we travel through time to find people and make them happy. That's our purpose. Since now, you don't seem too happy, we'll try and fix that. How does that sound?"

Bunny just nodded agreement, still staring at the door wide-eyed.

Natalia still looked terrified. It's not that she didn't believe the part about time travel, she believed in a lot of things she never would have before, but talking stuffed animals? She just whimpered and shook her head, clutching the normal stuffed toy closer to her breasts, "H-how do I know you won't hurt me?"

Kitty shook his head.

"Because we're as harmless as that thing you've got there?"

Bunny shrugged.

"Because we wuv you and we'we cute and cuddwy?"

Moose nuzzled up against Natalia's legs.

"Merr Merr moo moo Merr mee moo moo Merr?"

The teen couldn't help but to laugh a bit at Moose's noises but looked skeptically at Bunny.
"I-I don't even know you," she said quietly and clung as tightly to the little stuffed orca as she possibly could.
"What are you?"

Kitty shook his head.

"Looks like she'll only accept the entire story.

Well, once upon a time there was this crazy scientist named Mack. Mack was obsessed with-"

"His name was Pewdie!" Bunny cut in indignantly.

"No, his name was Mack. Now let me finish."

"At weast I caww him Pewdie."

Kitty rolled his eyes. "So, anyway, Mack was obsessed with animation. Not cartoons, bringing things to life. He also liked time travel."

"And bumpew caws!"

"That I cannot argue with. So Mack goes and gets these three stuffed animals, right? Me, Bunny, and Mr. Weird-Noise over here." Kitty gestured to Himself, Bunny, and Moose as he spoke. "He makes us come alive, but then he gets paranoid that someone might hurt us."

"Wait, we couwd be huwt? Das not good..."

"Not anymore, dolt. He gave me these." Kitty's razor-sharp claws appeared from his paws. They looked nearly disproportionate and out of place on the small stuffed kitten, but he was proud of them.

"Ooh ooh ooh! I wemembew! And he gave me dese!"

Bunny's ears suddenly appeared much more... Metal. And sharp. He twirled them around a few times for effect.

"Yes. And Moose was imbued with the greatest magical rubber known to our universe: Omnirubber. So now he's basically a blubbering wimp with no cause. Because, of course, he can't be hurt." Kitty and Bunny put away their weapons.

"We can also time travel, but for some reason that hasn't been working lately. So, there you have it! Now, is there anything else you want to know?"

She seemed a bit less timid as the story was explained but she didn't put the stuffed whale down yet, "So... What do you have to do with me? Why would you protect me?" she asked.

Kitty padded up to Natalia and put a reassuring paw on her foot, looking up into her eyes.

"It's kinda our job, y'know? We seek out people who are sad and make them happy again, bored and fill their lives with fun. It's just what we do."

(Gah! Sorry for such a long wait, I've been overseas for a bit, doing some sightseeing. XD)

She flinched away as he touched her bare foot paw, making her toes curl away. She smiled nervously, "C-can you really protect me?" she asked.

(Cool! Where'd you go?)

Kitty nodded. "Of course! Right guys?"

Bunny and Moose nodded their heads vigorously.

"Merr-merr!"

"Yup! We can swice stuff and stuff!"

Kitty turned back to Natalia. "See?"

(Barcelona, Spain. And then Madrid!)

She nodded but was sill reluctant to put down the inanimate toy. She watched the three carefully then yawned, the adrenaline of having the mutant nearby having faded now.
"W-well..." she yawned again, her many rows of shark teeth showing as she did, "Th-thank you..."

(Neat :) What did you do there?)

The three plus hives nodded simultaneously, and then looked towards the door. Bunny asked an obvious question.

"So whewe is evewybody?"

Kitty wanted to get moving soon as well. This little gift shop full of animals wasn't going to stay safe for long.

(Sightseeing, mostly. It was so cool.)

"I-I don't know... The world... It was at war again... And somebody dropped radiation bombs... Not nukes... Radiation bombs... Almost everyone got sick... They dropped all over the world and after people started dying, they started to mutate... A-and they came back to life as monsters..." Natalia whimpered and clutched her furry shark tail to her chest.

The small stuffed rabbit's eyes widened. "What?"

Kitty shushed him, and then again motioned for Natalia to follow.

"We need to get out of here!"

"B-but it's safe here," Natalia protested and whimpered, "The hunter is gone...."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » She only looks like a predator (1x1 with Oaky)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus