Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the world again.

Logan Wolven (played by Bryce)

Logan took a coin pouch from his belt, tossing it to the man. “There’s more than enough in there...” he said. “Keep it.” Logan the turned towards the door and stepped pout into the morning light
Gabriel (played by Decap)

Gabriel stirred his squishy body a little before inflating back up to his normal size. He rubbed one of his eye stalks with a mitten like fist as he yawned, announcing that he was awake. As his vision cleared he was met with an interesting sight.

Lio had some sort of magical spell in the works while Lyza was attempting to hide from a big man who was counting coins out a small coin pouch.

"So, uh, what did I miss?" Gabriel asked as he cocked one of his eye stalks and slid out of the chair he had slept in.
Nyrra (played by yourfathersuncle)

The new day had brought many new faces to a young nomad fsr from her home. Nyrra the elf had found her way through an unfamiliar city, searching for a rumor overheard the prior day. A large snail that spoke the common tongue had made his way to a nearby tavern. Something so intriguing could not be ignored by her.

After some time Nyrra arrived to one of a few taverns within the city. She made her way in, only to collide with a mountain of a man. She stepped back, and without skipping a beat spoke. "Woah you're giantic man!" Cried the comparably tiny elf. "Oh, and hey have you seen a giant snail around here? I want to learn about it." Nyrra waited a half second before looking behind Logan. To check the building herself. She lit up, and strolled obliviously through the scene unfolding, approaching Gabriel directly.

"Oi, you the giant snail?" Came the elf. "Course you are? Can ya talk? Sorry if I'm being rude, ain't never seen anything like you before." As she continued her endless barrage of questioning she slipped closer and closer, ending up only inches from Gabriel, wide eyed.

(Oh, and i pm'd mira a while ago, ive been lurking for weeks.)

Gabriel was pretty confused now. On one hand, some sort of commotion happened in the inn while he was asleep, and on the other, this elf that he had never seen before was now invading his personal space after asking a million and one questions.

"Huh?" was all Gabriel could manage in the moment. The moment being about one minute after waking for the day, tainted with the mood of a tavern fight and the anxiety of a surprise interview.

(Cool. Welcome aboard, my dude.)
Lyza (played by flatchest)

The hungover dwarf rose in the meanwhile, hand on her head, other supporting herself on the table. "Man above..." She repeated after the keeper, groaning gently. She stood in place while complaining. She had to deal with this headache sure, but she knew the amount of trouble she was in. Logan must have had deep pockets...

The man caught the sac with the same precision as the catcher on a league baseball team. He walked away with all the grace his body could allow him, sidling in behind the bar to count the coins. Should be... 346... He thought, counting out all the tens, fives, and ones. "Hey. You're 36 short. What is this?!" His face was a new kind of red, out of anger instead of being punched. He moved to halt Logan, but his utterly gargantuan frame prevented him from getting out comfortably without damaging some property.
Once he was out of the bar, he pursued the other tall male, squeezing out of the door with his mountain-like frame. "Sir," He called out. "You don't have enough money!"

((Wait, how is he 36 short if he owed 34? I'm a little confused.))

((I'm...not sure. I think I missed the last number.))

((Okay there we go! Sorry I was just really confused there for a second))

Logan looked over his shoulder, starting to get frustrated. He wanted to be done with this guy already. He let out a sigh as he turned to face. “I just have miscounted, hold on...” he said, beginning to dig through his pockets. “Damn it... I haven’t got anything else on me. Let me go get my ax and get the money for a job, then I can pay you the rest...” the Logan said, fully intending to stay true to his word

Lyza grumbled and sighed, putting her hat on her hand and rubbing her eyes. Grabbing her own pickaxe, she pulled a trigger, and with her feet guided the blades into a locked place, making the big weapon into more of a pole. She picked it up and balanced it over her shoulders. "Mmn...Aaahhhhhh..." The dwarf then gave a yawn. Damn sobriety.

Like any good bartender, the thought of a 'job' made him brighten up. "Job?" He repeats, and steps aside to allow the man to retrieve his ax. "If you don't find one, I may have something in mind that will let me forgive your debt."

"I'll have the rest of your money..." Logan said. "I'll be traveling with some new companions, I will not have time for a job from you." Logan replied, heading off towards the blacksmith shop."
Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

((Sorry everyone, my phone broke and I only just got a new one. And in the meantime I also somehow stopped getting emails about updates. Also, welcome Nyrra!))

Lio pulled a small pouch from her waist. "Here good sir, this should cover the remainder of my companion's board." The pouch jingled satisfying as she handed it over.

She turned to her companions, the shine given off by her rings beginning to fade. "Good morning Gabriel, Lyra. I trust you rested comfortably?"

She then turned to Nyrra. "Peace young one. Questions can be answered only if one gives the person being asked the chance to speak."

After of moment of banishing his waking confusion Gabriel turned to Lio.

"Yes, I slept well." Gabriel said as he cleared his throat. He then turned to the new elf.

"To answer your questions, yes I am a giant snail, and yes I can talk." Gabriel answered the elf.

"Now, I have some questions for you, if you don't mind. What is your name, and what is that mark on your shoulder? I can't recall ever seeing it before." Gabriel asked as he rubbed his hand under his chin as he observed the mark.

Nyrra stepped back and nodded her head. "Apologies." She said quickly. She then took in the scene, constructing some idea of what had transpired. "Are you all traveling together?" Inquired the elf.

She seemed to have calmed down and collected herself, turning somewhat red in the face. She let her eyes fall downwards for a moment, and suddenly darted back to face Lio. "Oh, I am Nyrra." She said.

((whoops. I was posting while you posted, so i missed yours decap.))
Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

"Greetings Nyrra. I am Liothryth, but you may call me Lio," Lio replied with a smile and a small bow.

"These are my companions, Gabriel and Lyza, along with another, named Logan, who will return soon. We met last evening and have all decided to travel together today."

Nyrra smiled and nodded to each, then turned to face Gabriel. "This exact mark is unique to myself but it is keeping in with a tradition in my tribe. Each of us has a different role, mine was as a hunter." She began, gazing down at the mark.

"Unlike in forest places I could not simply stalk to hunt. The beasts of my homeland are quite large. We were something more like warriors who would head out in parties. I was compared to a snake, my companions said I would curl up and leap forth with my spear, and so this was made." Nyrra had become hyperfocused during this explanation, seeming quite pleased with herself as it reached it's completion

"Ah, well that is quite a mark then." Gabriel says with a smile.

"So you are skilled with a spear, then? Excellent! I have a talent for magic, but not much else else." Gabriel says with a laugh.

"Well, it was good meeting you. I'm sure my companions want to get a move on soon, so I should probably join them, and I'm sure you have other business that a talking snail shouldn't keep you from." Gabriel says with a chuckle. He then slides out of the chair he was 'sitting' in and re-inflates his body back up to normal size, ready to take on the day.

Nyrra's eyes widened. He could do magic? She was beyond thrilled. This had far exceeded her expectations. "Oh I am doing very little actually!" She said cheerfully. "AH, wait a moment." She withdrew a journal from some cobcealed pocket in her pants. The eager elf began to frantically scribble something furtively down, occasionally checking over her shoulder, as if some figure were watching her.

After a moment of furious note taking, she returned her attention to Gabriel. "Ah, what is it you and your companions are doing? Some sort of grand quest?" Came the elf, a faint hope in her voice. She had some desire to travel, and figured that she could potentially finesse her way into this party.

Lyza gave a wave to the waking Lio and shot her a tired squint-glare. Wow, elves wake up very well. She wondered how long Lio spent preparing or if she just woke up with this natural beauty she seemed to carry. Meanwhile her own cascading hair fell in large curls and cowlicks. It would settle later in the day. Some of her hair seemed sticky with patches of dried ale.
This girl was giving her a headache. She approached the (what I assume to be a rather small) elf, and put her hand on her head gently. It was gloved, a tired leather, worn in like the palm of a baseball mitt. "You need to slow down," She mumbles, and gently pats the head. "Ahhh... My head..."

"Ah," The bartender accepts Lio's generosity, counting out the necessary coins in his palm and offering her purse back. "Thank you, my lady," He gives her a curt nod and disappears, likely to store his change in a more secure area. Well, at least he wouldn't be struggling with payments this time around...

Logan soon returned sporting a large war ax on his back, intricate runes carved on the blade, with a curved wooden handle. He entered the inn to greet his new traveling companions. “Good morning, everyone...”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the world again.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus