Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the world again.

Lyza (played by flatchest)

Lyza raises a wobbly hand. "Best troll slayer in Ironforge." That slender arm slammed into the table, it shook, and some unsteady cups toppled. "Speaking of troll slayers, how about another round??" She seemed to have sobered up some in her daze. Given the drunk dwarven stereotype, it might be sensible to assume their livers were supercharged as well. "My throat is dry already, hey! More drinks!~" As a waitress or some such similar profession passed by she called out for an order in that kind of range.
Gabriel (played by Decap)

Gabriel pauses his eating to look at Logan.

"Well, I'm not much of a fighter in the traditional, martial sense. I do, however, have some magical abilities that are useful in combat. They've saved me in the past, that's for sure!" Gabriel laughs. He then returns to munching happily on his salad.
Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

”I have the honor to be a master mage and have magical abilities to both attack and defend. I also have some small skill with my staff in close combat.” Liothryth continued with her meal and caught the attention of the server.

"I've need of another ale, would anyone else like something?"
Logan Wolven (played by Bryce)

"I'm alright," Logan replied. "In fact, I believe I'll be going to sleep." He replied, standing up. "It was a pleasure meeting you all, I hope to see you in the morning," Logan said, heading off to find a room, taking his sword with him.

Gabriel swallowed the last of his salad and let out a satisfied sigh.

"I think I'm full enough now, but thanks for the offer, Liothryth. You know, your name is quite the mouthful. Would it be alright if I called you Lio?" Asked Gabriel as he rested his mitten hands on his newly acquired pot belly.

Lyza's silver eyes followed the quite older gentleman make his leave, with them with his bill. Well, she didn't have any money. Turning to Lio, she had a dumb, drunk smile on her face. "Yeah, Lio is cute!" Her head tilts like a limp puppet, and she gives a drunk laugh, a newly acquired drink hitting her lips. She chugged down two or three gulps and pulled it away. "So good!~" She exhaled, the mug slamming on the table.

((zooom))

Liothryth smiled warmly. "You may most certainly call me Lio, I should have suggested it myself. Old elvish names can be difficult, even if one is used to them."

She accepted the ale that the server brought and began to drink it. drinking steadily, but not too quickly, it was soon finished. "I think I shall follow Logan's example and find my bed." She hesitated slightly. "Have you both the funds for lodging tonight? I would gladly share my room or assist with payment should it be necessary."

Gabriel mumbles softly as he rubs his belly. He opens his eyes at Lio's question.

"Oh no, that's alright, Lio. I can get by with what I have. My shell can be quite spacious when I need it to be." Gabriel laughs as he starts to slowly slip more and more of his body into his shell.

"Goodnight Lio, Logan, and Lyza. I'll see you all in the morning!" Gabriel says as he closes his eyes and starts to drift off to sleep right in the chair.

"I'll figure something out," Lyza replies in turn, staying close to her drink. She seemed content with spending a little more time at the table alone, or with the sleepy company of the snail, at least. She blinked slowly, looking down into her deep, empty cup. Soon a refill came around, then another, then another, then another...

"Very well, I shall see you in the morning." With a smile and a small wave, Lio walked toward the stairs.

Morning rolled around quickly enough. Lyza rumbled, and sat up, drooling slightly. She grabbed her head as a sharp pain shot through her head like a bullet. "Ahhh..." Hangovers. Perfect. Her groggy eyes slowly opened. 19...22 mugs. Some the others' sure, but mostly Lyza's, she figured. The dwarf took her hat off, and set it down on the table, running her hand through locks of long, curly hair. Silver eyes caught the look of an angry tender.
The man was an absolute giant, with veiny arms which hung down like a gorilla. A tough core that could break a sword and a gnarled, crazy face and ginger beard. Despite his absolute size he was slightly more lanky than strong, but his arms were as thick as an elephant's...
"How do you plan on paying?" His voice, contrasting, was deep, intimidating, but quite posh. An accent on a more noble english side, with a reasoning tone, but absolute murder in his eyes.
A drunk Lyza's hair would stand on end and she fell from her seat, the sight of the man scaring the color out of her. Now practically silver hair dragging along the floor as she tried to escape from his all-reaching gaze. "S-sorry, uh... I don't... have any money..."
The man was furious. A sound equivocal to a nuclear shockwave shook the foundations of the inn in his rage of incoherent screaming, waking up all but the heaviest sleepers. A fight was about to take place!

A hand fell heavily on the man's shoulder. "I'll pay for her residence..." He said. The man whipped around, slapping Logan's arm away. "Get your hand off me!!" Logan then proceeded to drive his fist into the man's face, making him stagger to the side before helping Lyza to her feet. "You alright?"

Lio was just exiting her room when she heard shouting from downstairs. ”I have a bad feeling about this...” she said to herself before hurrying down to the taproom.

She was just in time to see Logan hit the man then turn to Lyza. Seeing that the man was dazed but not unconscious, she began a soothing spell, but she wasn't sure it was going to be enough. Rushing into the room, she tried to place herself between the man and Logan. "Peace friend, all debts will be paid for."

"I'm not sure our friend here is looking for peaceful negotiation... I should have gone to get my ax back yesterday." He remarked to himself. He stood by Lio, ready for the possible brawl. "We may need to fight now..." He said.

A determined look came across Lio's face. It had been a long time since she had been in a fight. "Well, if needs must..."

She raised her hands in front of her in readiness, the rings on her middle fingers flashing slightly. It was a sign to anyone who had been paying attention that she was doing some sort of magic.

((i'll post, but what's our centralized currency? is it just common fantasy GP, or like, bills? or just straight up trading?
on the topic of bartenders im going off the idea he looks something like https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/terrabattle/images/9/9c/Bartender.png/revision/latest?cb=20171013191523 this.))

An incensed man, but not unreasonable. As Logan pressed his hand down on the shoulder, his absolutely troll-like expression turned to face the man. Though, that hand... He attempted to bump it off, turned to face him- POW.
The absolute tower of the man staggered away with a roar, and halted. "You stupid bastard!" He spat, and wiped his face. He wasn't bleeding. "Idiot... Do you have any sense, man?!" His face was red, fists clenched. "Why'd you do that??? Man above..." He threw his massive arms up, and it sounded like a cannon firing with the godlike strength his seemed to possess as he swung his arms down in resignation. "Well, if you're paying... It's 346, in gold." The massive man crossed his gigantic arms, his teeth grit so hard they looked like they going to crack. "She broke into my finer stuff."

((I was thinking the usual gold, silver, copper pieces with some barter thrown in.))

((Ill be under the assumption that one piece of gold is roughly equivalent to a singular, crisp dollar))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the world again.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus