Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith x2 - Sex Fight and Shoot out in the 'Not a Walmart' especially that look on Brad Pitt's face when Angelina falls from the ceiling in a hail of gun fire.

Just like heaven - The very end when he's fighting to keep them from pulling her plug and he reaches down to finally touch her for the first time.

BBC Pride and Prejudice miniseries - Darcy/Colin Firth coming up out of the lake. *fangirlsqueal*

Any Jane Eyre adaptation - The entire talk between Mr. Rochester and Jane the night after their failed wedding attempt.

Blind Date - (This is a French rom com I found on Netflix) Her whole speech to him at the end and then him busting through the wall that separates them using the giant puzzle he's been working pretty much exclusively for the last seven years. It's so powerfully symbolic and beautifully cathartic.

These are great!

I love the movie Just Like Heaven. Great movie

Selkieborn wrote:

This movie gutted me. But it had so many good things to say.

Aww. Man, that hug at the end when she comes back is so emotional. I love that.

What movie is this. Or I could use Google, of course. I see Alan Alda in it from Mash so I can Google that. Anyway yes angsty romance love love love.
I don't watch many romantic movies, but recently I did watch To All the Boys I've Loved Before and ohmygoditwassocheesyandwonderfulilovedit

Aside from me gushing about how the entirety of that movie is like a cheesy RP plot that I'd absolutely adore to play out...

One of my favorite scenes is when Peter, LJ and her sister are all watching a movie together; Peter's actions with the little sister are just adorable and hnnngh I love this boy so much.
Also the after-dinner-@-Peter's-place scene; They get so real with each other and I absolutely adore it <3

If y'all haven't seen this movie yet and love cheesy romance I highly suggest it, I was squealing in glee the entire time heehee
Gab wrote:
This:

Just watch all of it, it's nice, trust me. I love The Princess Bride XD

I'm so mad this scene didn't pop into my head considering how many times I watched this movie as a child but yet this scene WAS SO GOOD

*insert Buzz Lightyear "years of academy training... wasted!" gif here*
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Selkieborn wrote:

This movie gutted me. But it had so many good things to say.

Aww. Man, that hug at the end when she comes back is so emotional. I love that.

What movie is this. Or I could use Google, of course. I see Alan Alda in it from Mash so I can Google that. Anyway yes angsty romance love love love.

It’s called The Longest Ride and it’s another Nicholas Sparks movie. This one and Safe Haven get me so bad!
I am no too much into romantic movies as such - but do indeed appreaciate it if romance as a natural development of characters happens - and there have been quiet some scenes over the years which really struck me.
Lord of the Rings e.g. the Aragorn-Arwen scenes for example, or the delicate blossomig between the two couples in the latest Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
However who are masters of bringing in the deep, ripping-your-heart-out, bittersweet aspects of romance and true love are in my opinion the Asians. Like the love-angel in Hero
Or like the relationship development between the two main protagonists in one of my currently favorite movies, the Chinese RL adapation of Hua Mulan of 2009 and even more it´s deeply bittersweet ending

YoutubeVideo with Spoiler alert - Ending HuaMulan

Background Info:
The Guy is Wentai - a former brother in arms of Mulan. Him and her become more than close friends during their time of service and though he finds out about her being a woman rather early he never gives this secret away but even helps her to advance and rise through the ranks.
However in the end, when both are released from their militiary duties and you think it´s fine, now they can have each other it turns out that the war only ended because for him, who is revealed to be the 7th son of the Emperor, a marriage with the daughter of the enemy-warlord is arranged.
So, his denial of this arrangement would cause the war to start again... however him marrying this foreign princess will forever make it impossible for the two friends, comrades in arms and lovers to be togther again... - Guess that´s one really tough call to make... so much about "happy endings"

The Notebook came out when I was in Grade 9/10 (at least that vicinity of time). It has always held a special placed for me.

Especially when Noah finally confronts Allie... Because it is realistic and truthful.

Young Noah: It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.

Young Allie: What's that supposed to mean?

Young Noah: [yelling] Money. He's got a lot of money!

Young Allie: You smug bastard. I hate you for saying that.

Young Noah: You're bored Allie. You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something missing.

Young Allie: You arrogant son of a bitch.

Young Noah: Would you just stay with me?

Young Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'

Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.

Young Allie: So what?

Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

Young Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.

Young Noah: Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?

Young Allie: It's not that simple.

Young Noah: What... do... you... want? Whaddaya want?

Young Allie: I have to go now.

honeyandthemoon wrote:
The Notebook came out when I was in Grade 9/10 (at least that vicinity of time). It has always held a special placed for me.

Especially when Noah finally confronts Allie... Because it is realistic and truthful.

Young Noah: It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.

Young Allie: What's that supposed to mean?

Young Noah: [yelling] Money. He's got a lot of money!

Young Allie: You smug bastard. I hate you for saying that.

Young Noah: You're bored Allie. You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something missing.

Young Allie: You arrogant son of a bitch.

Young Noah: Would you just stay with me?

Young Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'

Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.

Young Allie: So what?

Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

Young Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.

Young Noah: Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?

Young Allie: It's not that simple.

Young Noah: What... do... you... want? Whaddaya want?

Young Allie: I have to go now.

I love that scene. :)

HouXin wrote:
I am no too much into romantic movies as such - but do indeed appreaciate it if romance as a natural development of characters happens - and there have been quiet some scenes over the years which really struck me.
Lord of the Rings e.g. the Aragorn-Arwen scenes for example, or the delicate blossomig between the two couples in the latest Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
However who are masters of bringing in the deep, ripping-your-heart-out, bittersweet aspects of romance and true love are in my opinion the Asians. Like the love-angel in Hero
Or like the relationship development between the two main protagonists in one of my currently favorite movies, the Chinese RL adapation of Hua Mulan of 2009 and even more it´s deeply bittersweet ending

YoutubeVideo with Spoiler alert - Ending HuaMulan

Background Info:
The Guy is Wentai - a former brother in arms of Mulan. Him and her become more than close friends during their time of service and though he finds out about her being a woman rather early he never gives this secret away but even helps her to advance and rise through the ranks.
However in the end, when both are released from their militiary duties and you think it´s fine, now they can have each other it turns out that the war only ended because for him, who is revealed to be the 7th son of the Emperor, a marriage with the daughter of the enemy-warlord is arranged.
So, his denial of this arrangement would cause the war to start again... however him marrying this foreign princess will forever make it impossible for the two friends, comrades in arms and lovers to be togther again... - Guess that´s one really tough call to make... so much about "happy endings"

That's really neat!
This might be cliche. But. Star wars.

Leia:I love you.
Han:I know.
Cass Moderator

:)
Sweet Home Alabama, when the end scene echoes the first.
"What the hell d'ya wanna marry me for?"
"So I can kiss ya any time I want."

And pretty much the entirety of Love, Actually, which remains one of my favorite movies ever.

(Bonus: Pitch Perfect when Becca starts singing "Don't You Forget About Me"... The look on Jesse's face. Awwww yisssss.)

JayBird wrote:
Sweet Home Alabama, when the end scene echoes the first.
"What the hell d'ya wanna marry me for?"
"So I can kiss ya any time I want."

And pretty much the entirety of Love, Actually, which remains one of my favorite movies ever.

(Bonus: Pitch Perfect when Becca starts singing "Don't You Forget About Me"... The look on Jesse's face. Awwww yisssss.)

I've not seen Sweet Home Alabama, but Love Actually...omg! YES!!!!!

Jaybird that is such an awesome freaking movie. I can't believe I forgot about it.

Ohmygosh I have to go through the scenes.

****spoiler alert*****

***if you have never seen the movie Love, Actually, and want to see the movie Love, Actually (and I highly recommend it), don't read this post further, because there are massive spoilers***

The scene where the best friend who is in love with his best friend's wife and comes to the door on Christmas Day with all those cards, which declare his love for her, but say he knows he can't be with her, and then after she reads them he walks away into the night alone.

Those moments when he's flipping the cards, and she's reading them...holy crap. A torrent of tears.

And I think that actress is Keira Knightly if I'm not mistaken? And her expressions...she's so beautiful...I've been enamored of her since Pride and Prejudice.
Her eyes light up with so much joy when she smiles, and the compassion on her face for him and the way her eyes tear up...

It's art. It's just art.

But also...I love the scene where the guy learns Spanish so he can go to his former maid's village and ask for her hand in marriage...and it turns out she's learned English just so she could talk to him back...in case he came. And he asks her in his broken Spanish and she answers him in her broken English....it's so good! So freaking romantic. Sorry...I know I get overly excited about things. Lol.

Thanks for the great recommendation!

You're right...just the whole movie. The airport scene at the beginning, the singer with his producer...

I'm going to watch that movie again, just for a mood boost.

Cass wrote:

:)

Yep..the debonair and handsome Rhett Butler <3 ;) This is a great scene.

I wish the movie hadn't ended the way it did, and that the original actors had gotten a chance to/were willing to do the second part together so I could have my happy ending. Lol.

But either way, it's a classic!

Hikari_Yagaza wrote:

Hahaha.

I love Han Solo. I swear. Alpha males. They're so fun to watch for me on the silver screen. Captain Kirk. Riker. Magneto. I get a kick out of them.

That's a good scene!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Gone with the wind. The bridge scene after leaving the burning of Atlanta. The speech Rhett gave scarlet.,❤💔
Skrifa

Hikari_Yagaza wrote:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Skrifa

I freaking love Pride and Prejudice with a passion! One of the very few romance movies you can get me to sit still for its entirety.

Sexysultrybabe wrote:
Gone with the wind. The bridge scene after leaving the burning of Atlanta. The speech Rhett gave scarlet.,❤💔

I think that is the clip that Cass just put up earlier in the thread. I just watched it a couple minutes ago. Looks like that scene. Great minds think alike (you and Cass).

Skrifa wrote:

I freaking love Pride and Prejudice with a passion! One of the very few romance movies you can get me to sit still for its entirety.

Augh! Man!

"Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy." <3 <3 <3

Yep, I think this one has to go near the top of my list too. So beautifully written.

Keira Knightly. Augh! I can't get enough of her. And Mr. Darcy... obviously great with his brooding depths. How are real romances supposed to compete with this stuff every day? Haha

Thankssssss

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus