Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

LakotaSiouxWarrior

"Atonement" the last scene on the beach. The whole movie is great.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Sexysultrybabe wrote:
"Atonement" the last scene on the beach. The whole movie is great.

There's another one that I haven't seen but want to see.
Me Before You. Like, the whole movie.

But most especially when Will and Louisa are in the car after the symphony concert, and Louisa starts to unbuckle her seatbelt to get out, but Will stops her by saying: "I don't want to go in yet. I just want to be a man who's been to a concert with a girl in a red dress. Just a few minutes more."

Also, when they're dancing at the wedding. And when Lou dances on the beach.

And ohmyGod the whole MOVIE. I gotta go watch it now.

Atrevida wrote:
Me Before You. Like, the whole movie.

But most especially when Will and Louisa are in the car after the symphony concert, and Louisa starts to unbuckle her seatbelt to get out, but Will stops her by saying: "I don't want to go in yet. I just want to be a man who's been to a concert with a girl in a red dress. Just a few minutes more."

Also, when they're dancing at the wedding. And when Lou dances on the beach.

And ohmyGod the whole MOVIE. I gotta go watch it now.

That sounds really good. Boy, I've got a lot of movies to watch now!
That1Gurly

I don’t remember what movie this is from, but I watched it A LOT in middle school and high school. The sad part is that I only remember this scene.

Random brother character whose name I forgot lolz: *picks up note that was sitting in the empty garage, where the car was supposed to be*

Note:
I’m sorry, we had to run away. Mom and dad were going to send me away to a behavioral school because I’m intimately involved with another girl. They hate me now. We spent so long together and now mommy and daddy want me to leave her. I’m sorry to let you come home to find me gone.

~Love,
-insert character name that i think was Sarah or something-

That1Gurly wrote:
I don’t remember what movie this is from, but I watched it A LOT in middle school and high school. The sad part is that I only remember this scene.

Random brother character whose name I forgot lolz: *picks up note that was sitting in the empty garage, where the car was supposed to be*

Note:
I’m sorry, we had to run away. Mom and dad were going to send me away to a behavioral school because I’m intimately involved with another girl. They hate me now. We spent so long together and now mommy and daddy want me to leave her. I’m sorry to let you come home to find me gone.

~Love,
-insert character name that i think was Sarah or something-

Sounds like a plot I would be interested in. Maybe someone will know what it is. :)

Arwen: Do you remember when we first met?
Aragorn: I thought I had wandered into a dream.
Arwen: Long years have passed. You did not have the cares you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?
Aragorn: You said you'd bind yourself to me, forsaking the immortal life of your people.
Arwen: And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life.
Aragorn: You cannot give me this.
Arwen: It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart.

Watching the first Lord of the Rings movie for the first time in ages and this scene struck me. It starts with Aragorn having the openness to confess his fears, Arwen's total reception and patience of them, a very tender trusting conversation in which you're given the impression these are faces they reserve for one another. They recall fond, kind memories that imply their devotion, admiration, and willingness for self-sacrifice haven't faded despite years of being in love. It's a very deep, meaningful relationship told through masterful execution by the entire crew, from acting to atmosphere. Gorgeous and classic.

Libertine wrote:

Arwen: Do you remember when we first met?
Aragorn: I thought I had wandered into a dream.
Arwen: Long years have passed. You did not have the cares you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?
Aragorn: You said you'd bind yourself to me, forsaking the immortal life of your people.
Arwen: And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life.
Aragorn: You cannot give me this.
Arwen: It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart.

Watching the first Lord of the Rings movie for the first time in ages and this scene struck me. It starts with Aragorn having the openness to confess his fears, Arwen's total reception and patience of them, a very tender trusting conversation in which you're given the impression these are faces they reserve for one another. They recall fond, kind memories that imply their devotion, admiration, and willingness for self-sacrifice haven't faded despite years of being in love. It's a very deep, meaningful relationship told through masterful execution by the entire crew, from acting to atmosphere. Gorgeous and classic.

Yes yes yes. I completely agree. This scene.

I'm writing a short story thing for fun where the characters talk about best romantic scenes of all time and I have them both agree that this is the best one, because I like this scene that much :)

"I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." <-- one of the best lines in romance ever haha. I love it. I like how you wrote this in script form, it looks neat.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus