Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Gab wrote:
This:

Just watch all of it, it's nice, trust me. I love The Princess Bride XD

Very nice. The *reveal* moment when he says "As you wish," something he used to say to her all the time, and she realizes it's really Wesley, and he's alive, and that she has just pushed him down a hill, and so she throws herself down the hill after him. I love it.

And then, at the bottom of the hill...

Wesley: "Can you move at all?"
Buttercup: "Move? You're alive! If you want, I can fly."

<3

How about this scene from Edward Scissorhands? <3

Just for the young folks that haven't heard of it:

Edward Scissorhands (a 1990 Tim Burton movie with Wynona Ryder)

Everyone's out looking for Edward, to take him away or something (he's considered a danger to society, has blades for hands), and he goes back to Kim's house and finds her there.

Kim: Hold me.
Edward Scissorhands: I can't. (Cuz of the blades)

Then Kim moves his blades out of the way, holds him anyway.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

The last scene in "how to lose a guy in 10 days."
Night at the Museum. When the little cowboy man yells at the little Roman soldier "I ain't quittin' you". Undeniable commitment and love, unparalleled mutual respect.
LadyOfGondor

Kidd wrote:
Night at the Museum. When the little cowboy man yells at the little Roman soldier "I ain't quittin' you". Undeniable commitment and love, unparalleled mutual respect.

That brought me so much joy. The fact that you said that one and just remembering that scene.
Isn't Night at the Museum a family movie and not a romance?
Dangercave wrote:
No? I don't know what movie you watched??
If you count anime movies, then Garden of Words. Just watch the ending. You won't really understand though unless you watch the entire movie.
LadyOfGondor

Kidd wrote:
Dangercave wrote:

I love you. You have become one of my favorite people.
LadyOfGondor wrote:

<3

LadyOfGondor wrote:
Kidd wrote:
Dangercave wrote:

Lmao. I like this thread.

Kidd wrote:

Works for me!

Ok this following is not exactly romantic, but how sweet is the scene in American Tale where the little mice siblings are singing Somewhere Out There after they get separated? Anybody remember that movie? Awww.
LadyOfGondor wrote:
Kidd wrote:
Dangercave wrote:

I know I know.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Ok this following is not exactly romantic, but how sweet is the scene in American Tale where the little mice siblings are singing Somewhere Out There after they get separated? Anybody remember that movie? Awww.

I watched that movie ALL THE TIME as a kid. You are so right, it is really sweet.

Kidd wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:

I watched that movie ALL THE TIME as a kid. You are so right, it is really sweet.

Haha! Me too. Awesome.
Rogue-Scribe

Romancing The Stone ~ Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner ~ Wrecked DC-3 in the Colombian jungle...

This movie gutted me. But it had so many good things to say.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith x2 - Sex Fight and Shoot out in the 'Not a Walmart' especially that look on Brad Pitt's face when Angelina falls from the ceiling in a hail of gun fire.

Just like heaven - The very end when he's fighting to keep them from pulling her plug and he reaches down to finally touch her for the first time.

BBC Pride and Prejudice miniseries - Darcy/Colin Firth coming up out of the lake. *fangirlsqueal*

Any Jane Eyre adaptation - The entire talk between Mr. Rochester and Jane the night after their failed wedding attempt.

Blind Date - (This is a French rom com I found on Netflix) Her whole speech to him at the end and then him busting through the wall that separates them using the giant puzzle he's been working pretty much exclusively for the last seven years. It's so powerfully symbolic and beautifully cathartic.
1. Anastasia- When Dimitri is waiting at the train station to get a ticket and leave Paris forever, leave Anastasia forever because he thinks that is what she wants, and we see him pull a rose out of the pocket of his trench coat, the same rose from the bundle they'd gotten earlier together, and he smells it, and smiles, and instantly decides to go back to her - and if he hadn't decided out of a whim to go back, she would have died.

2. Belle - When John is confronted about loving Dido by her guardian "Do you really claim love?" - said doubtfully, and John passionately and angrily yells "Yes! I love her! I love her with every breath I breathe!" and Dido is just standing there inches away from him with tears in her eyes.

damnationfromafar wrote:
1. Anastasia- When Dimitri is waiting at the train station to get a ticket and leave Paris forever, leave Anastasia forever because he thinks that is what she wants, and we see him pull a rose out of the pocket of his trench coat, the same rose from the bundle they'd gotten earlier together, and he smells it, and smiles, and instantly decides to go back to her - and if he hadn't decided out of a whim to go back, she would have died.

2. Belle - When John is confronted about loving Dido by her guardian "Do you really claim love?" - said doubtfully, and John passionately and angrily yells "Yes! I love her! I love her with every breath I breathe!" and Dido is just standing there inches away from him with tears in her eyes.

Awwwww..love love love it. I'll have to watch those movies sometime.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite Romantic Movie Scene?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus